The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Balloondistractions.com » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Countage
View Profile
Veteran user
Charlotte
361 Posts

Profile of Countage
Hello everyone it has been a while since I have posted. I am part of a growing company called Balloon Distractions. We send clean cut young people into family restaurants to entertain their guests with balloon twisting while they wait for their food. I am the Regional Leader for Charlotte NC. I am looking for balloon twisters or those who are interested in being trained to twist balloons in the area to join my team. Please go to http://www.balloondistractions.com if you are interested.
Scruffy the Clown
View Profile
Loyal user
Coldwater,MI
233 Posts

Profile of Scruffy the Clown
Thanks, but I'll pass.

A. It's too far to drive.
B. I'm not going to settle for just tips when I can get a hundred an hour PLUS tips on my own.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
BAAAAAA HHHHAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Smarty Pants World
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Smarty Pants World
Ugh, not balloon distractions (again)

To save us all a lot of wasted time, Balloon Distractions hires twisters to go into restaurants to work on tips. The BD company gets paid by the restaurant. You work on tips. They keep the money. You get the tips.

If that works for you, that's the deal. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

Can we move on now?
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
That doesn't sound like a very fair exchange. Why would I want to work in a restaurant, just for tips, when I already work restaurants for tips AND get paid from the restaurant, as well?????
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
I thought this was a joke website. Am I the only one who thinks this sounds like a scam? It is almost like balloon Amway.
ERIC
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1188 Posts

Profile of ERIC
"BUT YOU CAN GIVE OUT YOUR CARDS!".....Ooopps! That's the other outfits that want you to work for nothing.
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
They have already got tossed out of the local I hop, and have bin pestering the one restaurant I have to the point that the GM asked me "Who are these jerks?"
They post on Crags list, hire people who cant hold a real job. teach them a doggie If they are lucky, and then put them in a restaurant.

I welcome competition as it will in the end drive up the demand and make us all more money. This is not competition but a disgrace, and will leave a bad taste in the mouth of possible clients.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Scruffy the Clown
View Profile
Loyal user
Coldwater,MI
233 Posts

Tell you what guys. Go over to the Clown forum http://www.clown-forum.com And look for the thread on balloon distractions. It's very enlightening. We have some people who have worked for this company. They tend to sell the point in about ten days that you can make about fifteen dollars and hour. If you do well, you can make sixty dollars an hour doing bigger events.
According to one forum member who worked for the company, The twisters ONLY GET TIPS. And balloon distractions makes money for booking the event. They come over to the forum every so often and bother us with similar posts.
They also make a big deal out of being a pre approved vendor for Applebees, Chili's, Ihop, and a few other companies.
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
I can't believe this!

This is an outrage!

This company actually forces people to twist crappy balloons in restaurants for tips?

How is this legal?
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Balloon Distractions Standard manager uniform:
http://img.costumecraze.com/images/vendo......main.jpg

It is ran like Amway. If you get 5 people under you and teach them and they get 5 ......

Rides on the hopes of people making money for doing nothing.

I am curious how they claim to have liability insurance for their people when they don't pay them. Don't you have to pay people to claim them as employees?

If you want to work twisting go out and do it. Get paid if you can or pick restaurants that will benefit you the best for visibility. Have your insurance company send them a certificate of insurance, that will lock you in place and keep others out.

Specialty insurance is a great company and sends out certificates of insurance for free. $200 per year!!
http://www.specialtyinsuranceagency.com/about-us.html tell Stephanie I sen you, no kick back just friendly business.

Twist good balloons and the money will come...
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
Mark, where can I get a uniform like that? LOL.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-09-10 12:17, Bad to the Balloon wrote:
Balloon Distractions Standard manager uniform:
http://img.costumecraze.com/images/vendo......main.jpg

It is ran like Amway. If you get 5 people under you and teach them and they get 5 ......

Rides on the hopes of people making money for doing nothing.

I am curious how they claim to have liability insurance for their people when they don't pay them. Don't you have to pay people to claim them as employees?

If you want to work twisting go out and do it. Get paid if you can or pick restaurants that will benefit you the best for visibility. Have your insurance company send them a certificate of insurance, that will lock you in place and keep others out.

Specialty insurance is a great company and sends out certificates of insurance for free. $200 per year!!
http://www.specialtyinsuranceagency.com/about-us.html tell Stephanie I sen you, no kick back just friendly business.

Twist good balloons and the money will come...

Best honest advice I have heard in a long time..

Clean, Straight to the point..
Scruffy the Clown
View Profile
Loyal user
Coldwater,MI
233 Posts

"Twist good balloons, and the money will come."

Beautiful, man. beautiful.....
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
GreatScott, I think they had that same uniform in the Blue Oyster Bar in the movie Police Academy!

Just kidding Mark Smile
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
I thought their uniform was leather vests and chaps.
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
Oh that's right, that's Marks uniform. Thanks for biting.
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
Glad I could help with the set up.
rogueclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Hollywood
320 Posts

Profile of rogueclown
My Balloons are more than a Distraction!!!!
Mark is dead on. If you have any questions email me.
RC
MiketheMagicDude
View Profile
Loyal user
CT
270 Posts

Profile of MiketheMagicDude
Booooooooooo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Balloondistractions.com » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL