The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Balloondistractions.com » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17040 Posts

Profile of joseph
Why was I distracted by this thread, anyway?...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Trust me .. I don't claim to be a balloon artist or anything but, I've had a steady restaurant gig for over four years now. My work consists of a few close-up tricks and a simple balloon for each child at a family restaurant. I was surprised the other day to see "Balloon Distractions" on Tuesday nights from 5-9pm at my gig!

I gave the manager a call today .. and these people were so desperate that they are providing four hours of balloon twisting for $40.00. Do the math ... that's $10.00 an hour and of course the performer is only working for tips.

How could I compete with this type of business you ask .. well, I've got talent and I know how to draw the families in on a weekly basis. Will I work for $10.00 an hour .. absolutely not, it's not worth my time.

A few questions do arise .. does Balloon Distractions supply the performers with balloons? Are the performers insured?

I'm not sure what direction this will go .. after all business is business and I can't match what Balloon Distractions is offering. It's sad some people will fall for this type of pyramid scheme.

Steve
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Quote:
On 2009-10-15 02:03, Chezaday wrote:

I'm not sure what direction this will go .. after all business is business and I can't match what Balloon Distractions is offering. It's sad some people will fall for this type of pyramid scheme.

Steve

If it was a business decision appeal to the managers business side. Have him ask them for proof of insurance. Assuming you do carry liability insurance. Also do you advertise the restaurant your in? Poster on the front door? Table tents?

You may also want to evaluate what a restaurant means to you ... is it a source of income or a lead generator? If the latter what would it cost you to replicate the same results you get in having casual discussions about your services to people who can afford them?

BTW Steve saw you at MAGIC live in line for photos, I am a friend of Erick O.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Steve,

Things have changed. I used to correspond with Jonathon Fudge and Ben Alexander and company policy used to be that they wouldn't steal restaurant from other twisters. So I'm surprised to hear that. Balloon Distractions does carry their own insurance, so if a twister is at a Balloon Distractions job, they are covered by the company. Or so says Ben. The twisters at BD order their own balloons. Ben suggests they buy from Lauderdale Paper Company.
Jeff Wright
www.WrightEntertainment.biz
Voted Best Party Entertainer in Cleveland, Nickelodeon Parents' Picks Awards
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
HAHAAHAHHAHHHAAAAHHHAAAAA....

Oh you were serious? Funny how he has approached my restaurants before. Jonathan has scruples Ben has none. Good for me at that time all my restaurant were loyal to me.

Before I hear crappp like "oh he didn't know". My picture is on the the front door of all my restaurants. You would have to be blind or stupid not to notice I am entertaining there.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Balloondistractions.com » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL