The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New from Taylor Imagineering: ALONE! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..8..12..16..20..24..27~28~29 [Next]
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Hi all,

Christopher Taylor here from Taylor Imagineering with a very exciting announcement that was about 15 months in the making.

As many of you have already heard I have been working on a new device with my good friend Matthew Johnson for the past year & a half. Many of those that have been sworn to secrecy over that time have claimed this to be the best device Taylor Imagineering has ever released.

The device is called "ALONE" and is ready to go. And it is an incredible device. Quite simply it's nothing more than a stack of business cards. The cards can be handled quite freely, fanned, you can even give your business cards to the spectators to keep. Wrap them up with a rubber band & you are ready to go!

The possibilities are limitless and the applications are diverse and incredible. The unit will ship with blank cards, electronics, pen, rubber bands and comprehensive instructional DVD. The DVD covers the 7 basic "ALONE" principals with which you can perform your own incredible effects or any one of the 7 (fully road tested) effects on the DVD.

A few months after "ALONE" is released we will be releasing a second companion DVD with an expansion pack, because there was quite simply too much to fit on one DVD.

"ALONE" will have it's official release at Mindvention this year and will then be released worldwide through Alakazam, probably right after Mindvention.

We are also very excited to have some very well respected performers on board with this project, some of whom you will see over the coming weeks......which brings me to the plan!

"ALONE" is incredibly organic and incredibly versatile so we wanted to show you it in the trenches so to speak. Every week leading up to Mindvention we will be releasing a different demo video showing you an actual live performance of "ALONE" on the streets of Vancouver. Each video will show a completely different performance piece with "ALONE" which will give you a better idea of the limitless possibilities with this device. A week before Mindvention we will release the official trailer!

So I guess that's it for now. Check out the first performance video below and then check back every week to see a new performance.

This weeks video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi8BmrY9-mQ

Cheers,

Christopher Taylor
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Congratulations for your new born jewel, Christopher... Smile

... And a PM asking for some further clarification... Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Nice routine! How much!! Smile
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2009-09-08 20:45, johncesta wrote:

John, this will be out of your league... Smile

Remember that you have young mouths to feed and young feet which need new shoes... Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Hi guys,

I see Christopher put out the word already on ALONE.

Here is the link to the first demo video again as I noticed it does not work in Christopher's post (hope it works in mine ;o):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi8BmrY9-mQ

To clarify a little. The first application that the video shows is finding an object in a spectators hands. You can do this over & over & always be 100% correct. You can also do this in short sleeves & without wrist bands :o).

Christopher & I will release a new performance demo every week as the other applications for ALONE are quite different.

Cheers,

Matt Johnson
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I've been one of those, keeping a tight-lip about this.

But I will say this about ALONE, and most of Christopher's creations - there are those who continue to rehash old ideas, adding a new touch here or there, and then there are the few who pave entirely new paths, one of whom is most certainly and consistently, Christopher Taylor.

When he first described "Alone" to me, I believe my response was "huh, explain that again?" Then when I 'got it' I smiled!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-09-08 20:57, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Quote:

John, this will be out of your league... Smile

Remember that you have young mouths to feed and young feet which need new shoes... Smile

I know ... Smile

Thanks for reminding me, Paolo ... friend.

J
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Congrats Christopher !

G
Well then...
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Quote:

I guess I forgot to mention the $$$$ thing. The retail will be about $300 with a pre-order/MindVention price of $250.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Ahhh, my kids may go shoe-less!

j
nikola paris
View Profile
New user
Paris
72 Posts

Profile of nikola paris
Sounds great ! Looks great... Would like to be already next week Smile
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
289 Posts

Profile of cocomax
That looks fantastic! Great job Christopher, I love the way you hide everything in plain sight like that. Great thinking. You make such wonderful toys.

Tim
*Bro*
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of *Bro*
Looks good guys, congrats.
B
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
This is VERY clever! Congratulations!!!
JJS
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Demo 1 looks fantastic, well done guys!!!
This would be a great addition to practice some JF Thought Channel on also, nothing in sight that screams GIMMICK!!! Cant wait for demo 2.....

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
I don't post a lot, but I do lurk... I know this isn't going to be a popular response, but...

Frankly I don't see what's so fantastic about this. It appears to be a "Child's Play" built into a stack of business cards...

Child's Play is MUCH more covert, MUCH more versitle, and MUCH more impromptu! (Depending on the model, it can be a part of your daily wardwrobe, as opposed to... "Excuse me! I need to grab my stack of ordinary business cards so I can figure out which hand that ordinary ring is in!"

The business card gimmick looks suspicious to me... Other than the bit of the "Out to Lunch Business Card Prediction" (tap dancing to avoid exposure) there's no purpose for them to be in play. You certainly don't need this product to accomplish the prediction demonstrated in the video...

Honestly I've seen so many variations of this effect come out since "Child's Play" that I'm suprised it's not in kids magic sets beside the TT and the Svengali Deck...
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-09-09 12:51, Mystical Matthew wrote:

"Excuse me! I need to grab my stack of ordinary business cards so I can figure out which hand that ordinary ring is in!"

That WOULD be suspicious. I would never say that. Smile

Different strokes for various folks.

j
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Matthew: You have brought up a very interesting point. "Object-in-the-hand" is NOT what Alone was designed for. It is something we stumbled across while working with it. I happen to think it is by far one of the weaker effects we do with the device but Matthew Johnson worked hard on the routine and it became one of his favourites. I know he would pout if we didn't put that demo up first and so that was that. I can not emphasize enough that the other effects you will see are TOTALLY different. Anyway, keep watching the demos as we post them and you will see exactly what I mean. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Quote:
Honestly I've seen so many variations of this effect come out since "Child's Play"

Just to clarify that "Child's Play" is itself a variation of another popular effect.
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Christopher....me pout??? I only pout when I don't get my own way! Don't forget Mr.Timothy Horton ;o)

Joking aside, Christopher is right in pointing out that "the which hand routine" is simply one thing you can do with ALONE & something we stumbled upon long after it had been developed. I do have great success with this routine & use the ALONE device for it because I can do so much more with ALONE....it makes for great pocket management.

Demo 2 coming next Tuesday.

Matt Johnson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New from Taylor Imagineering: ALONE! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..8..12..16..20..24..27~28~29 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL