We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Need Advice Quick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Goodburn
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Goodburn
Pete, Your probably right...lesson learned... that's forsure,
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
The restaurant shouldn't have lied. I would have told them to "do the right thing and pay my son for his HARD WORK entertaining their guests and to honor the agreement."

I think that just sucks that your kid got screwed. I said at the beginning of this thread that money is npot what matters here but experience. However, if a fee was agreed upon it should have been honored.

This makes me SOOOO angry!!!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Goodburn
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Goodburn
I have thought about this long and hard and chosen not say anything to the owner until next week when we go back and see how Nic has performed for a second time, I have tried to chalk this down to experience, a learning lesson, I want to see what the owner does a second time,
My question is, what kind of person takes advantage of a 13 year old boy?
BCaldwell
View Profile
Special user
is really regretting his
524 Posts

Profile of BCaldwell
The problem now is the precident has been set. If you had told the truth would the owner wanted $10 from your son? Probably not, but that is what happened. They took $12 out of his pocket. I know this is a learning experience for him magically, but it should also be learning experience for the business side as well if he plans to continue working.Great job with the magic side though! Hope he keeps it up! Just my opinion, btw!
"...that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller Smile

~Bob~
Goodburn
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Goodburn
I agree BCaldwell, your right, and it absolutely is a learning experience from the business side of entertaining. The lesson is, to not be pushed around by people, and stick up for what you deserve. keep the advice coming, everyone, constructive criticism, is good too.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Quote:
On 2009-09-15 14:41, Goodburn wrote:
The lesson is, to not be pushed around by people, and stick up for what you deserve.

This is one of the MANY reasons that I'm so ticked off right now...becuase now the restaurant knows that you'll take less! Why would they ever want to pay your son the full $20 when they know that they can push you guys around and pay less. Is $20 for TWO HOURS of entertainment really that much of a hit off their bottom line.

My advice...

Go back to the restaurant PRIOR to next weeks gig and talk to the GM. Explain that you're upset with the outcome of the first visit becuase they did not stick to the agreement and tell them that for next week (and future weeks if this gig will continue) that the fee is $20 for the two hour shift...NO MATTER WHAT TIPS HE MAKES!!!

Personally...I would say "!@#$ EM'" and I'd never let my kid perform in there ever again. If that's how their going to treat you and your son, then you're better off without them.

You can EASILY find a restaurant that will gladly pay your son $20 (that's nothing to any restaurant) to perform. Screw this other place...

My 2 cents...

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Need Advice Quick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL