The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Michael Ammar Lecture Tour (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TopChange
View Profile
Regular user
Connecticut
166 Posts

Profile of TopChange
Has anybody seen Ammars' new lecture. Just wondering if he is still lecturing all of his old material or if it is all new material.

If anybody can give a review, I think a lot of us would like to hear about it. His website doesn't give a lot of detail. Michael seems to have been in hiding for the past few years. (Raising kids will do that to you, and I sure know that)

He will be in my area in November.

Thanx
Always leave them wanting more...
magic-dabra
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
153 Posts

Profile of magic-dabra
He is going to be in Knoxville TN at Ring 58 on October 5th. I'll be able to answer your question after that date.
knibby
View Profile
New user
Liverpool, England
52 Posts

Profile of knibby
Is he coming to the UK by any chance?

Thanks.
TopChange
View Profile
Regular user
Connecticut
166 Posts

Profile of TopChange
His tour dates are on his website.

http://www.ammarmagic.net/lecturetours.html
magiclimber
View Profile
Veteran user
Boulder, Colorado
315 Posts

Profile of magiclimber
Midwest and Northeast?

What about the rest of the U.S.?

West coast? South? Boulder, CO?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I am very excited that Michael is coming to NYC in November. I've had the pleasure of seeing many of my magic idols perform and lecture, but Michael is one of the few who I keep missing. Old material or new, I'm looking forward to finally seeing him in person!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
ChicagoMike
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of ChicagoMike
He'll be in Chicago Sept 19 -21. Workshops and lectures. Details at http://www.magicinc.net
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I sure learned a bunch from his Easy to Master series in my beginnings and I'd bet he does a great lecture! Doesn't look like he's planning a West Coast trip on this tour, BUMMER!
velcrowe
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of velcrowe
I'm not familiar with his previous lectures, so I can't really speak as to what is new and what is old, but Michael Ammar's "new" lecture style, in my opinion, should be the standard by which all other lectures are measured. It's incredible.
commando450
View Profile
New user
Kansas
11 Posts

Profile of commando450
Saw it last night in Kansas City. He covered an awful lot of material, including topits, cups and balls, and some cards. Also did a "lightning round" where he threw out several quick ideas, including a creepy coin vanish with a little baby doll arm that everyone loved. I'm not particularly qualified to give much of a review, but I got a lot out of it. He's clearly an excellent teacher, and I certainly think it's a must-attend.

James
Mike Melito
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Mike Melito
I was there in Kansas City where he kicked it all off. I don't know what he did that was new that I haven't seen on one of his many videos. But it was really a good time.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Great lecture. Just worked with him at TAOM. His new over head video closeups are so cool for learning. The small little moves that can't be seen can now be seen on the over head screen. Michael always has new things or added new twist. For me it is don't miss lecture.

Ken
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I reserved a seat to see Michael at Marc DeSouza's house on November 10.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Me too Al
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
rach18el
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of rach18el
If you missed Michael's spring tour in South and North Carolina, he will be at the South Carolina Association of Magicians Convention (SCAM) January 15, 16
and 17, 2010 in Columbia, S. C. You can never see too much of Michael Ammar.
http://www.scamcon.org
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Quote:
On 2009-09-10 14:18, Al Angello wrote:
I reserved a seat to see Michael at Marc DeSouza's house on November 10.

Quote:
On 2009-09-10 16:03, Sam Sandler wrote:
Me too Al

Me three Al & Sam
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
After you see it, please report here about the lecture.
MichealFinney
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of MichealFinney
I am going to attend his workshop and lecture Sept 15 in Davenport, IA just three days away. It will be the first time attending one these. I am looking forward to it and feel lucky to do so as I just started getting into magic about 6 weeks ago.
TheKaylorOption
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of TheKaylorOption
Hi Everyone,

Great job at TAOM Scott, it was a lot of fun talking to you and watching you on the stage!
My name is Jeff Kaylor and have been working with Michael Ammar on his new series of lecture tours. I'm actually sitting here in Des Moines, IA where Michael is in the middle of a lecture. I saw this topic and wanted to let everyone on the Café know some more details on the Michael’s New Lecture.
I’ve been helping Michael develop the new multimedia aspect to his lectures. With the use of multimedia video support, he is able to help everyone learn more material, more effectively, in a shorter period of time. The pre-recorded video support is more effective than a live feed because we are able to show close-up shots with the perfect angles for each effect; over the shoulder shots; and slow motion for moves that are more difficult to understand. Michael has wanted to do this for years, and it has been going over extremely well!

If you have seen Michael Ammar Lecture before, then you will love the new material he has packed into this lecture, it really is some amazing stuff.

As for the material he is covering...

Michael will put on a performance with some of the effects he performs on a regular basis, including his World famous Cups and Balls Routine, and closing with the Bill to Lemon. He begins the explanation portion of the lecture with a quick review of the Topit. Michael then performs and explains his new handling of the Albo card (torn and restored, signed card), an effect David Blaine is interested in for his upcoming television special. Along with the Albo card, Michael shares some brand new killer applications for card magic that look like trick photography. You will LOVE these new Ideas and have to see this stuff live! Next is a bunch of magic with cell phones and Iphones; appearing phone, objects from Iphone, borrowed broken and restored phone. and more!

THE LIGHTNING ROUND: Michael introduces the lightning round, which is a bunch of cool ideas, bits, and tricks you can put into your show right away! He clearly gets across 11 ideas in 15 minutes with the use of the multimedia system. Just this section alone is worth more than the price of the lecture. Soon, you will be able to submit your own ideas for the Lightning Round at AmmarMagic.com.

In the Second half, Michael goes over his entire opening routine, including the psychology behind the moves and thoughts on routining. He also shares stories and performance tips from his experiences that will really make you think about your magic. If you want to learn from one of the best teachers in magic, come to Michael Ammar’s new lecture. You will not be disappointed! I have seen him lecture more than 50 times and I still learn something new in each lecture.

If you have any questions at all about the lecture or Michael, feel free to send me a message or email me at jeff@thekayloroption.com . Also check out the website, (ammarmagic.com) we will be updating it all the time now with new videos and features!

--Almost forgot- We are accepting jackets on the tour for Topit Installation by Michael’s Tailor. We take your jacket, install the topit, some extra pockets, and alter another pocket for final loads... Michael Does one final check on each jacket, and if it doesn’t fit him, he will ship it back to you for a price you can’t beat!

-Jeff Kaylor -Team Ammar-
TheKaylorOption
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of TheKaylorOption
Hi Everyone,

Great job at TAOM Scott, it was a lot of fun talking to you and watching you on the stage!
My name is Jeff Kaylor and have been working with Michael Ammar on his new series of lecture tours. I'm actually sitting here in Des Moines, IA where Michael is in the middle of a lecture. I saw this topic and wanted to let everyone on the Café know some more details on the Michael’s New Lecture.
I’ve been helping Michael develop the new multimedia aspect to his lectures. With the use of multimedia video support, he is able to help everyone learn more material, more effectively, in a shorter period of time. The pre-recorded video support is more effective than a live feed because we are able to show close-up shots with the perfect angles for each effect; over the shoulder shots; and slow motion for moves that are more difficult to understand. Michael has wanted to do this for years, and it has been going over extremely well!

If you have seen Michael Ammar Lecture before, then you will love the new material he has packed into this lecture, it really is some amazing stuff.

As for the material he is covering...

Michael will put on a performance with some of the effects he performs on a regular basis, including his World famous Cups and Balls Routine, and closing with the Bill to Lemon. He begins the explanation portion of the lecture with a quick review of the Topit. Michael then performs and explains his new handling of the Albo card (torn and restored, signed card), an effect David Blaine is interested in for his upcoming television special. Along with the Albo card, Michael shares some brand new killer applications for card magic that look like trick photography. You will LOVE these new Ideas and have to see this stuff live! Next is a bunch of magic with cell phones and Iphones; appearing phone, objects from Iphone, borrowed broken and restored phone. and more!

THE LIGHTNING ROUND: Michael introduces the lightning round, which is a bunch of cool ideas, bits, and tricks you can put into your show right away! He clearly gets across 11 ideas in 15 minutes with the use of the multimedia system. Just this section alone is worth more than the price of the lecture. Soon, you will be able to submit your own ideas for the Lightning Round at AmmarMagic.com.

In the Second half, Michael goes over his entire opening routine, including the psychology behind the moves and thoughts on routining. He also shares stories and performance tips from his experiences that will really make you think about your magic. If you want to learn from one of the best teachers in magic, come to Michael Ammar’s new lecture. You will not be disappointed! I have seen him lecture more than 50 times and I still learn something new in each lecture.

If you have any questions at all about the lecture or Michael, feel free to send me a message or email me at jeff@thekayloroption.com . Also check out the website, (ammarmagic.com) we will be updating it all the time now with new videos and features!

--Almost forgot- We are accepting jackets on the tour for Topit Installation by Michael’s Tailor. We take your jacket, install the topit, some extra pockets, and alter another pocket for final loads... Michael Does one final check on each jacket, and if it doesn’t fit him, he will ship it back to you for a price you can’t beat!

-Jeff Kaylor -Team Ammar-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Michael Ammar Lecture Tour (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL