The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Michael Ammar Lecture Tour (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Any more info on the lecture in Edison NJ?
MichealFinney
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of MichealFinney
I just got home from the workshop and lecture. This was my first time attending one of these events. It lasted almost 6 hours, and I loved every minute. The workshop was great. I came away with some great new magic and ideas. Micheal went out of his way to help everyone. He was a real class act. He made you feel like you were old friends sitting around sharing and shooting the breeze. I am very glad I spent the money and took the time to attend. Not only did he preform well but his explanations and demonstrations were clear and simple. I cant stress enough how nice he was, and the magic was great too. Being my first lecture on magic the bar has been set very high as to my expectations for the next lecture that comes around.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2365 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Quote:
On 2009-09-16 01:32, MichealFinney wrote:
Being my first lecture on magic the bar has been set very high as to my expectations for the next lecture that comes around.

Might as well start with the best! Micheal's "Easy to Master Card/Money Miracles series are a class act too and have been a constant resource for me over the years. He must be the best magic teacher ever.

Hey, are you any relation to...well...Micheal Finney? Smile
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
magicguy88
View Profile
New user
Chicagoland
73 Posts

Profile of magicguy88
I attended the lecture last night in Davenport, IA. I really enjoyed it. Michael does some material from previous lectures (really good stuff worth seeing again) and then moves into new material. His work with the Albo card will become a new classic and I'm not surprised to hear the Blaine is interested in this for his new special. My favorite aspect of the lecture was the "lightning round" where he uses video to help cover a TON of "concept" material in a short amount of time. He's opened the floor too. If you go to his website, there is a place where you can submit your own lightning round ideas for Michael to use. There is a collaborative style he seems to be shooting for here with this tour.

Anyway, I really enjoyed myself. What I love about Mr. Ammar is how he focuses his energy on magical thinking, technique, and ethics. He was a total gentleman and gave everyone (myself included) a great deal of time and attention during the breaks to chat, etc. This was rough too because our room was crowded and sweltering hot last night! Anyway, I'm interested in hearing everyone elses thoughts on the lecture.

Peace,

Ryan Lawrence
kimwizard04
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of kimwizard04
Michael Ammar lectured last night (Sept. 15, ’09) for the Quad Cities Magic Club (Iowa/Illinois). If you’ve seen Michael lecture you know he’s creative, open, passionate about magic, and a truly nice person. When you talk he listens. It was an extraordinary lecture. There was a work shop before the lecture. We told him what we were interested in. And those were the things we worked on.

Then came the lecture. It was terrific. We had the best turnout for a lecture that I can remember. The lecture lasted three hours. No one left before it was over. The end came Michael said thank you and if there were no questions we could go.
There were questions. Questions on many topics. From how to do a move, how to work the stage, working difficult venues and more. Get this. After three hours of lecture no one left when the questions came. Everyone stayed for a thirty minute Q&A. Everyone. Michael was that good and informative.

I could tell you about the stuff he did. Better you find out first hand. I’ve seen him in person four or five times. Had I missed this lecture I would have regretted it. This is a new lecture. If you have seen him before, go again. New stuff. Really good stuff. If you haven’t seen him before Go. If you don’t you might just regret it. The details of his tour are on his web site.

Best,

Kim Meacham
TheKaylorOption
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of TheKaylorOption
Just wanted to let any of you in Chicago this weekend know that Michael will be doing a workshop today at 2:30 at Magic Inc. He will also be performing tomorrow at Magic Chicago (City Lit Theatre) at 7:30 - just $15! He will be lecturing on Monday, September 1st at 7:00p.m. at Magic Inc. The Lecture features mostly new material, so if you've seen him before, now is a great time to see him again! If you would like to get a topit installed into your jacket by Michael's Tailor, we will be accepting jackets at each stop on the tour for a great price! Hope to see you there!
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2190 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Ammar will be at Fantasma in NYC on November 13th and 14th. Yup, he's offering the lecture on 2 different days! And yes, I did check. This isn't a lecture followed by a workshop, it's the same lecture 2 nights in a row.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
TopChange
View Profile
Regular user
Connecticut
167 Posts

Profile of TopChange
Thank you to everyone who posted.
mshanker
View Profile
New user
Frankfort, KY
86 Posts

Profile of mshanker
I was at Michael's lecture last night in Lexington, KY. Jeff Kaylor has already posted the contents of the lecture series (above), so I won't repeat that. The Lightening Round appealed to me. It has some quick, high impact ideas that you can try the very next day. Those of you with iPhones (or other touch screen phones) will like Michael's iPhone magic.

I bought the lecture packet ($60) and was up past midnight going through it. It's worth it!
Manoj
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I was at his lecture last night. I had a wonderful time. Michael Ammar is a great teacher.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1069 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
He is coming to Baltimore and DC in early Nov.
I have his Cups and Balls book.
Do you think it would be OK to ask him to autograph it?

Mike Newman
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
Michael Ammar is a gracious and generous man, and he will certainly autograph your book for you.

I have two of Michael's books, and he has autographed both of them.

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I look forward to seeing Michael this Tuesday night November 10th at Marc DeSouza's house, and I also look forward to seeing who's who in local magic there too.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
I'll miss you Al - I'll be there on Wed. - Either way, should be a great lecture.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Mike
We do have a big date on Saturday at Kutztown.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Shhhhhh! Our date was a secret!!!!

Oh well, its out now. Kutztown, Nov. 14th. There will be a lot of people there. We are on pace Al to have our largest gathering to date. Should be a wonderful day with all the great magicians there, and I don't mean just our headliner performers. There will be a whole lot of talent gathering that day.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
I had the pleasure of attaining Michael Ammar's workshop and lecture yesterday and both were outstanding. I highly recommend both to anyone interested in magic. He fooled all of us a number of times with his effects and he spent the time to cover all of our questions. The man is a wealth of information.
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
David P
View Profile
New user
Boston via Michigan
82 Posts

Profile of David P
I feel born again to the magic scene after a lapse of 50 years. Although I was involved in another career I never really lost my interest in Magic. I attended both of the Michael Ammar lectures in the Boston area. What a professional in his skills with people and his craft. I needed to go twice to absorb a fraction of the information.
WeirdoTheMagician
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of WeirdoTheMagician
FANTATSTC is 1 word that really fits Michael Ammar to a tee. His assistant Jeff Kaylor has posted what Michael does at the lecture. He was here in Cincinnati (Haines House Of Cards) for our Ring 71 lecture. His Toppit effect is a GRReat secret to learn, and many things are possible with it, not only to 'make things disappear, but appear as well'. The effect of pulling a Wine Bottle out of a Handkerchief is really nice. He was glad to make sure that all questions were answered and gave autographs to those in attendance. His presentation was able to be seen all over the room thanks to the "BIG SCREEN" used in the lightning round.
Have a Nice Evening.. Rick G.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Michael Ammar Lecture Tour (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL