The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magicians of the next generation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Very BIG sharp implements.
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I assume they buy these treasures with mommy and daddy's credit card but I wonder if the parents are standing over their shoulder when they press the BUY button on 7 dollar playing cards?

Maybe I'm just a mean ol' dad cuz when the eldest wanted to learn coin magic I lent him MCM and gave him a 4 Kennedy halves and a few Eng. pennies and told him to show me something after a couple weeks. The youngest wanted cards so he borrowed RRTCM and a few of my retired decks! Neither went far with it but when and if they decide later to take it up again they'll have a hellava library to peruse!
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2009-09-14 18:42, Stanyon wrote:
If it wasn't for these kids Ellusionist would probably go under. The really scary thing is that they are all handling sharp implements.

This is a good example of what our art lost when it lost Physical Magic Shops. In Denver we don't have a good old fashion magic shop anymore. I think many cities are the same. These kids buy the hype (which I have been known to do, just not with new decks), and think that makes them cool. I just hope that a few really good magicians evolve from this trend.
Sammy J. Teague
mr.matt
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of mr.matt
Quote:
On 2009-09-14 18:17, JordanB wrote:
I remember that kid from some time ago when it was originally brought up. More than likely the kid stopped doing magic, but who knows. He certainly hasn't posted any more youtube videos.

Nash, that link you posted is priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2y99YmSQII -posted 4/2008
http://www.youtube.com/user/blacktiger611?blend=1&ob=4#play/uploads/10/uFIXRHJK8qo- posted one month ago.

That kid grew like a foot and his voice dropped about two octaves in a little over a year. I watched the two videos and found it hard to believe it was the same kid. At least this kid is practicing and keeping with it. That's good.

As for spending money on cards....well, kids spend money on silly stuff. If you don't believe me then google "Pogs", lol.

So many funny things in these videos. First a little contest called "Who can use the biggest knife to open their new Ellusionist package" Break out the chain saws!!! And was that a Colbert wrist strong bracelet on BLACKTIGER611 latest video. IT is important to have strong wrist in magic.
mr.matt
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of mr.matt
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mdspark
Oh, dear God.....
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Quote:
On 2009-09-10 19:44, SoCalPro wrote:
What....a...little...loser.

I agree and because we both agree we are now best magic Café friends.
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
Wow, is it that easy? I wanna be in the best magic Café friends club, so I'm gonna agree too
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Quote:
On 2009-09-17 10:48, greatscott wrote:
Wow, is it that easy? I wanna be in the best magic Café friends club, so I'm gonna agree too

The only guideline to getting in is to disagree with this kid on everything he says on that video. I will crap myself if he says anything about Tarbell or Mark Wilson's Complete Course, etc.
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Be patient, it's probably coming. :o(

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
He has probably not ever heard of Tarbell, or Mark Wilson.
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Quote:
On 2009-09-17 13:23, greatscott wrote:
He has probably not ever heard of Tarbell, or Mark Wilson.

I bet you these new kids in magic don't read Tarbell any more. Since Tarbell was written in the 30's, 40's and later 20th century. The effects in Tarbell are not effects that Criss Angel performs or what these pukes are use to. It wouldn't suprise me if this kid bashes Tarbell.

-Guy Jarrett

Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
I actually really tempted to make a video. Feel free to send me any used copies of the BEST classic books and tricks in magic ladies and gents:

TARBELL, WILSON, BOBO, RRTCM, CC1-5, NICK TROST, LENNART GREEN, LORRAYNE, etc...

I'll script something up. No joke.
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Considering the kid's sociopathic point of view, he'll probably end up as the CEO of a large multi-national corporation - bankrupting the company and receiving a large bonus.

Much of the world is going to pot! When he enters the workforce, I need to retire to a Honduras or something - anywhere that will get me away from him.
DN777
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of DN777
We all have performances we wish were different! Hindsight is 20/20 LOL
kingsillusions
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
20 Posts

Profile of kingsillusions
How the HECK did he receive 9k+ views?? I do love Wenks' MisLed, though...
Matthew King
Wolfenout
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Wolfenout
You guys are missing the bigger picture here. He's right about Paul Greens "In the Trenches". It does come with a paper premade to do the jeapordy effect and his was missing. If only it had been there then he would be rocking it on television now. But the paper was gone setting back his career months or years even.
eddierush
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of eddierush
OMG! I think I can relate with MagicDude09. Like really.

I just got into playing music so I ordered a bunch of instruments online. And well ... the guitar ... well Santana plays it so it's got to be cool. I'll have to practice a bit.

The drums ... sucks ... I can't play that it's too hard ... it sucks. Too many things to hit.

The keyboard ... sucks ... it's just a bunch of buttons. It's too hard. I can't play that. You know ... they really should post some warnings about these things like, "you won't be able to play like a pro in a hours ... you may need to practice". Sucks

Oh well, I guess I'll just stick with the guitar. But if I can't play like Eric Clapton by next week ... then it sucks

:)

Humans scare me and unfortunately, I am one.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
http://magiceddie.wordpress.com
http://friendsofthemagi.org
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
695 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
HAHAHA.
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
Renaldo
View Profile
New user
The Great Pacific NW
83 Posts

Profile of Renaldo
Apparently you really do need a big honkin' knife to open these packages. Here's what happens when you don't have one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coRarHcWmzg

What's the deal with kids posting those purchases online anyways? lol

Don't knock the kids with their fancy decks. They're nice looking decks, I can see why a kid would be attracted to them. Think back to your first car. Some people were content to have an old sedan that got the job done. Other people had to trick that car out, no matter what kind it was, to 'show their style' or some nonsense. This is no different. The kids that buy these cards as a passing fad are making a lot of money for ellusionist, and the kids who end up having some talent, develop their skill will eventually switch to a less flashy deck. Nobody's harmed by these kids, and if anything they're doing a great business for ellusionist and card magic in general.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magicians of the next generation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL