We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mentalists Dream Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
MMark
View Profile
New user
Edmonton, AB, Canada
39 Posts

Profile of MMark
You guys are doing a great job of making me more impatient to get mine Smile

Mark
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1190 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Gableson,

Glad you liked it. I knew you would get a kick out of seeing it. Smile

Mark,

Soon..very soon.... Smile

Max
jesse_james_mcguire
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jesse_james_mcguire
Max recently did this effect at a recent S.A.M and BLEW US ALL OUT OF THE WATER! This prop is freaking AWESOME. NO one, and I mean no one at the meeting could figure out the method because he never touched the box. Now the method was not shown but everything that we could think of was proven wrong when the box was turned upside down and no extra parts,ect.

This prop/effect is hands down the only thing that has me stumped. I'm starting to believe that Max may have real powers, and if his box does that for him I'm scared to think of what it will do for me.

I'm on the waiting list, and I hope nobody else buys them because I don't want you spoiling all the glory for me.
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1940 Posts

Profile of Lior
For me it was the best prop I saw in Mindvention 2009.

So many things can be done with it and you are always far a way.
Derren Brown's opening routine in his last live show...
Q and A
Lottery prediction
Any prediction

and no electronics Smile
The method is so clever and the audience does the work for you.

I love it and I am starting to think about a new routine I can use it with

Thanks
Lior
New shop: 1A magic
You can buy the selfie card trick.
The Zoom project
Talk To The Screen
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3097 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I concur with Lior.

I own the box and have been working on a new design duplication routine that will make powerful use of the device. I owned and used a Chameleon Box prior, but as the Mentalist's Dream Box is completely hands-off, it provides an additional 'layer' of distance from the dirty work (as do electronic devices, Lior Smile )

I have not yet 'road-tested' the box, but the relatively simple mechanics should make this a reliable device for a very long time.

Great work, Max!

e
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
JHEFF (MarketplaceoftheMind) should be reviewing this soon.

C
hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2947 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
Black Friday will soon be here. How about a special sale for one day so the the individuals that just missed your deadline ( by one day as I recall) might have another chance to own this wonderful effect ????????
Northern California
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2009-11-15 02:09, hbwolkov wrote:
Black Friday will soon be here. How about a special sale for one day so the the individuals that just missed your deadline ( by one day as I recall) might have another chance to own this wonderful effect ????????

We can only hope.
sokarnl
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of sokarnl
Can the box be seen empty before the slips go in?

thanks

robert
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Robert

I don't have it but know the basic workings of the box and it is on my wish list (Black Friday sale). The box is padlocked before the presentation so opening it and showing it empty I think would be overkill.

Someone else will chime in but Im pretty sure it could be shown empty before though if you really wanted to.

Candin

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 8:17pm
Something came up I want others to know. I told my wife I wanted to get this and told her the name of it. She said "google" it. Needless to say, its on google and also, magic Café posts are on the same page!

Sure, the audience will not know the name (hopefully) but if you use your stage name on a post, Café posts will come up with the link between the two more often then you think.

From now on I plan on signing my posts (or not) with my initial. I use to do this a lot but stopped.

C

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 8:55pm
Someone mentioned reluctance in letting a spectator pick up the box and collect billets from the rest of the audience (dropping the box etc).

If this is an issue, do you think it would make it less convincing if the spectator collected the billets and RETURNED back to the stage and He/She inserted them into the box?

C
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Candin
I think the mind set of the audiance would be, if we allow one person to collect all the billets then why not have that one person hand them to the mind reader. I think it is best to have the box moved around the audiance so there seems to be a feeling of security with their paper they are putting in, kind of like voting, when you place your vote slip in the box you know it was you who did so. The lock on the box becomes the prover that indeed the box was not messed with by anyone. The power of the whole thing comes from the fact that a random person unlocks the box and removes the slips at that point. The key is to make sure the person is random and there is no doubt that they are not part of the show. Foam bricks work well for this Smile

Just my thoughts.

F
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
"Can the box be seen empty before the slips go in?"

This question has not been answered...

Gianni
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3097 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Quote:
On 2009-11-15 21:49, Gianni wrote:
"Can the box be seen empty before the slips go in?"

This question has not been answered...

Gianni

No, it cannot be shown empty.
But why would you need to? It's simply a locked box that is being used to collect pieces of paper.

e
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
550 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
Eric,

You beat me to it. You can not show the box empty first but even if you could I don't think I would. This would really be 'over proving' the point. The magician never touches the box, it is closed, locked, and ready to go before the show begins. It could be sitting on a table in plain view until you use it.

I saw Max demo this unit well over 100 times at MindVention and it worked great. It was funny watching people try and figure out when the switch occurred. Max, I hope you don't take the advice of all the guys at MindVention that wanted you to raise the price!

-Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2009-11-15 21:24, aceofharts wrote:
Candin
I think the mind set of the audiance would be, if we allow one person to collect all the billets then why not have that one person hand them to the mind reader. I think it is best to have the box moved around the audiance so there seems to be a feeling of security with their paper they are putting in, kind of like voting, when you place your vote slip in the box you know it was you who did so. The lock on the box becomes the prover that indeed the box was not messed with by anyone. The power of the whole thing comes from the fact that a random person unlocks the box and removes the slips at that point. The key is to make sure the person is random and there is no doubt that they are not part of the show. Foam bricks work well for this Smile

Just my thoughts.

F

Thanks Ace, I am coming off the fence real soon. Smile

C
jesse_james_mcguire
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jesse_james_mcguire
Well if you really want to show the box empty BUY TWO OF THEM, and do a switch Smile

I finally got a box from Max, and it is great I have so many things I want to do with it that I can't sleep at night.

Please everyone do not use this box in public it may just KILL someone! Max should put a warning with the box! Yes it is really that strong........................

Well I'm gonna go play with Max's Box.... Chow.....
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2009-11-15 23:53, jesse_james_mcguire wrote:
Well if you really want to show the box empty BUY TWO OF THEM, and do a switch Smile

I finally got a box from Max, and it is great I have so many things I want to do with it that I can't sleep at night.

Please everyone do not use this box in public it may just KILL someone! Max should put a warning with the box! Yes it is really that strong........................

Well I'm gonna go play with Max's Box.... Chow.....

I know how it is staying up at night or day for that matter.

I've heard nothing but good things about this creation.

Candin
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
Very long very positive review coming soon.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2009-11-16 19:29, aukt wrote:
Very long very positive review coming soon.

Can't sleep now, again, thanks.

C
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3598 Posts

Profile of takeachance
One question I want to ask before buying is, can the box be held so the slot is on top while collecting the questions without fear of triggering the workings or upsetting anything? I ask because the spec may rotate it in their hand while collecting the papers rather than leave it on the side. There are some very strong endorsements from serious and trusted people here so it seems Max has made available something very special.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mentalists Dream Box (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL