We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mentalists Dream Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
I met Max in person for the first time just over a month ago to do a book exchange, and while at his place, I had the chance to handle a number of items that he has created, including the Dream Box.

All I can say is that Max puts a lot of thought and care into what he has created. His creations are very high quality.

I personally liked the Dream Box so much that I ordered one from him.. I have used and collected a number of quality magic items for many years, and this Box will easily fall into both categories. I can't wait to get the Box to start using it, and will follow-up with a more detail review once I do.

In the meantime, Max tempted me with some other of his wares that I have been playing with for a few weeks now and will be posting some reviews shortly on some of those.

Max has beed a great guy to deal with to... He even home-delivered some items to my house after he customized them for me, where he was then held hostage by my 6 year old daughter's version of a magic show.

Thanks, Max.

James
PSYSHADOW
View Profile
Regular user
England
196 Posts

Profile of PSYSHADOW
I recently aquired a Mentalists Dream Box and I think it is FANTASTIC !

I'd put it in my top 3 categories of my finest props next to my Witchboard, Spirit Telegraph, Phantasm 3.

It is a truely incredible device that I just cannot speak too highly of !
Peace in the World - or - the World in Pieces
kenwebster
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of kenwebster
Well where do I start, product, customer service, routines that are possible ???

First of all customer service...Absolutely fantastic Max, has always answered my emails straight away, he has always been available on the phone. No matter how many questions were thrown at him he answered ! Max goes into the same bracket as Craig Filicetti from Pro Mystic (if anyone has had dealings with Craig you will know exactly where I am coming from ) Its a shame not everyone had the same customer service as these two guys !!!

The Mentalist Drean Box is a dream. The workmanship is superb, crafted with true skill. The mechanics are faultless. The mentalist DOES NOT TOUCH THE BOX ! This is completely clean, you can concentrate on your performance and not IF the box will work because it will !

It honestly is a work of art. I cannot rave on enough about this prop, excellent.

As for routines, well they are endless ! Forget other billet collection devices you can`t beat The Mentalist Dream Box.

Thanks Max you are a gentleman and a true genius.
Ken
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3222 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Max is a GREAT guy!
We think how to mix together a revelation using the dream box and the necklace (which is another piece of art). Is really a great props FULL of potential!
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1190 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Jack,

I am thrilled that you have chosen to make at a permanent part of your new show and I wish nothing but success. Thank you again for the very kind words.

Wayne,

As I mentioned in the PM I am at about 4-6 weeks but that may be changing very very soon.

Aligator,

Thank you for letting me know yours got there safe and sound today. Smile

James,

It was a real pleasure meeting you and your family. It was great watching your daughter's performance. She is going to be a handful when she gets older. Smile Thank you again for the kind words and your box should be ready soon.

Psyshadow,

Very happy to hear you like the box and please don;t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Ken,

Once again, Thank you for the kind words. It sounds like your show is going to be fantastic and I am honored that one of my effects is going into your show. That is the best compliment one can get.

Luca,

You too are a great guy! It's nice to see you thinking about ways to make your routine stand out. I love that!

Last but not least...

Once again, I am so thrilled that this creation has been so well received. I have many other things on the horizon and it's feedback like this that makes me want to keep contributing. There are now a dozen routines for this covering all different types of themes.

In regards to the Lottery Prediction, I am doing a recall on it as I have decided to make it a little more user friendly. For those of you who have purchased this from me please PM me and I will send you the revised version at no cost to you.

Thanks again for all the support, feedback and encouragement!
Max
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1424 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I initially thought this was way overpriced, but as I've practiced with it I am increasingly convinced that it does things other similar props cannot achieve. I am reconsidering. I still haven't used it in performance, but will do so soon. Accessing the gimmick is a little precarious and I fear the box might get scratched, but that hasn't happened yet. Being able to hand out the box and then not touch it again, as the magic happens in the spectator's hand, is absolutely amazing, I've gotta say. I may have judged it too quickly.

My complaint to Max was based on the fact that other, similarly beautiful wood box tricks (with crafty precision gimmicks) are available from Barry Mitchell - Presto Production Box and outstanding Treasure Chest - for about half the price. However, I can see how, for a full-time pro, especially a mentalist, this would make for one of the best conceivable magic moments imaginable. It also has great versatility and joins the Mitchell products as outstanding showpieces of innocuous-looking, clever carpentry.

It is hard to create truly magical "Ahhhh" moments. And this prop would seem to fulfill that goal. As a part-timer, it still may be difficult for me to justify the price. But it is gold in the hands of the unsuspecting, and they do really get no reason for suspicion. And that adds value.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
Have had mine for just over a week now and am warming more to it as I find additional time to work with it properly. It looks great and the locking systen is very impressive. It functions as advertised. I particularly like the fact that you can be absolutely sure when the box is locked after loading. It is almost impossible to make a mistake. The box will be getting it's 1st test under fire within 2 weeks in a show for a high school class. Will be handing out 20 or so cards with popular rock groups on them and having each placed in a sealed coin eenvelope. The teacher will be give a CD player loaded and ready to go. When one of the force envelopes is opened and AC/DC declared as the freely selected choice, the teacher will be signalled to hit the play button and the sound of "All Night Long" will fill the room."

Will post after the fact and report how it all turns out.
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1190 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Mumblemore,

Glad to hear that you are starting to see the value in it. I hope that it once you use it you will be able to see what a wonderful and powerful tool it really is.

Aligator,

Can't wait to hear how the show turns out. Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Max
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of slydini
I just received my box yesterday. As others have stated, it is beautiful! I also purchased the My Favorite Music kit. The kit is amazing! It is worth every penny as it saves me a tremendous amount of time. I will no doubt be purchasing other kits for this box as well!
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3097 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Well, I bought one of the first boxes from Max, but had not actually used it in performance until quite recently. From the onset, I had an original routine idea in mind, and I finally had the chance to perform it at a club gig a little over a week ago. The box performed flawlessly, got great reactions, and the routine will now become a staple of my act.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
It has now been performance tested and woeked like a charm, FYI Max, I used rock groups for the high school class, but changed the force group to the Rolling Stones, having originally been going to go with AC/DC. I just made up 24 papers with the names of various groups and had them distributed and checked, then placed in coin envelopes.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
I am still eagerly waiting for mine! I hope it won't take long.It's been about a month now.I know it's worth the wait but the excitement and anticipation is killing me!
C'mon Max!
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Quote:
On 2010-03-18 10:38, aligator wrote:
It has now been performance tested and woeked like a charm, FYI Max, I used rock groups for the high school class, but changed the force group to the Rolling Stones, having originally been going to go with AC/DC. I just made up 24 papers with the names of various groups and had them distributed and checked, then placed in coin envelopes.

Just out of interest, is there a reason why you used pre-written papers rather than asking then to write the names of bands/songs of their own choice? Having them write their own bands would increase the odds from 1 in 24 to 1 in several hundred, as you don't know what they are going to write so the chosen envelope could contain any band/rock star in the world.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
If you have a class of 24, there is a chance that your force group may not be witten. Specs will talk after the show and may discover that group/envelope was never put in the box. Having the music come on from one band chosen out of 24 is startling enough, believe me. It got a great reaction with no possibility of being found out. In fact, I am doing it for another class at the same school next week and will use a different band as the force. In fact, most of the effects that Max sells with this effect are all pre-written as well.
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Aligator, thanks for the response. I was imagining a big school hall with a couple of hundred students! I didn't realise that your 24 billets covered the whole audience. With a group that size who all know each other, I can see your point.
kozmic kettle
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of kozmic kettle
For those of you who have this, I've posted a couple of ideas for convincers on the Dreambox forum on Max's site.

Sean
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1190 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Slydini,

Happy to hear you are enjoying your box and the My Favorite Music Kit. I really wanted this to be a plug and play kind of thing but the effects you can do with this are limitless. I keep coming up with new ideas.

Eric,

It's great to hear this is a staple in your show now and I am sure you will continue to make it better and better.

Aligator,

Very happy to hear that the routine played out as planned. The best part is you can just change the routine to the venue.

Maps,

Yours is part of the next batch to ship. Thank you so much for your continued patience.

Sean,

Thank you again for the input on my forum and I encourage others to chime in as well.

Rest assured I am trying to get these to their prospective new owners as quickly as possible. It is wonderful to hear how these have been playing in everyone's show. I wish you all continued success as always!

Best regards,
Max
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
I have one of these for sell in the for sell section, great prop but I cant fit it into my act.
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
Blake, Where I Can't find it.
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
In the for sell section of the forum.

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 12:59pm
It's a great effect but I just can't fit it into my show, otherwise I would us it in a second.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mentalists Dream Box (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL