We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mentalists Dream Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
HOLY MOLEY!!!! Wait wrong trick! Smile The new Mentalist Dream Box is amazing and genius! All I can say is this ... the magician NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER! touches the box! so ...... any mentalist out there or anyone wanting to perform like effects magician and alike this is a definite must have. If you are worried about the price versus value ..... DON'T! you will be very pleased with the item.

SEE YA REAL SOON!
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1424 Posts

Profile of Jared
I ordered the 'Dream Box'. Max told me about this project while I was ordering his 'Supreme Serial Killer'(BTW-an unbelievable MUST own prop for mentalists!). I can't wait to receive mine because having a HANDS OFF prediction box will surely be closer worthy, and I especially like that routines can be structured for a variety of different venues. We will surely be hearing much more about Max's great props!
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
396 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
If the spectator that is collecting the slips shakes the box, is there a chance that he might hear that there is already something inside?

-Aleksi
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
Aleksi - Yes, there is a possibility that the spectator could hear something if he were to shake the box, but I think he would have to shake it rather vigorously (due to the workings of the box and the fact that it is flocked on the inside, which dampens any noise), which is highly unlikely.
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Billfromoregon,
I agree, the way it is constructed I don't see this as being an issue. I thought about it but after seeing it, and knowing the inside is lined with with flocking, I am not at all worried about it.
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
396 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
Thanks for your answers Smile Now I'm really tempted to buy this! Just have to get the money first Smile

-Aleksi
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1190 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Hello all,

Boy, has this been a fun project! 11 months and finally it's out!

B Hackler,

I am so glad that The MDB is working out so well for you. I knew you were going to love it. It really is an incredible tool for any stage or parlor performer.

Craig,

As always, I am happy that you appreciate the thought that goes into my work and you will have yours as soon as I get all the orders ahead of you filled. Smile I may even have an idea of a way to combine your expertise with mine. Smile

Ustaad,

Consider the box all you want in the meantime the order list continues to grow.

Rafael,

I highly doubt it. If this is the case I would love to see what you are talking about.

John C,

Thank you for the support. However, I would never yell at my mother. I don't want people thinking I am a slave driver over here. Smile

Wizard of Oz,

When you finally spring for it you will definitely not be disappointed.

Platt,

It was great seeing you at Magic Live. I am so glad things are going well for you and your next project is going to be fantastic! I can't wait till we can hit the links again!

Aceofharts,

Thank you again for all the support and I wish you the best on your upcoming new releases!

Gableson,

I am so happy that you liked the MDB. I know that you have a very strong background in the business and are familiar with the many versions that have been put out there. I can't wait till you have it in your hands!

Caliban,

Be Impressed. It can switch out 50 to 75 billets very easily. You have to see it to believe it!

Tony,

Thank you again for all the support. I am very happy that you think this is a great new edition to what has already been offered and see the clear differences and advantages.

MAGICALWISHES,

I am happy you enjoyed seeing it. Just wait until you get a chance to USE it!

Jared,

Thank you again for your order. Yours is going to be coming very very very soon. Smile Also, I am so happy you are enjoying Supreme Serial Killer. Wait until you combine it with this and you will have your audience wanting to start a religion around you!

Allu Tullu,

As was said, if the spectator was to shake the box vigorously you may hear something. However, the box also has a padlock on it and if they shook it that would be banging against the box as well. This does not look like a flimsy toy so I think that they are going to handle it with care. Since they are holding the box the entire time there really is no reason for them to question anything.

billfromoregon,

Thank you again for helping me with the development of the box. Your advice made a big difference. I look forward to working with you on other ideas very soon!

Finally,

I created the MDB to solve what I felt was a very big issue and that was the magician having to "do something" The reality is that when we are able to remove ourselves from the equation it takes our magic to heights that are rarely attainable otherwise. The spectators have absolutely no place to go when this is performed. It really is one of the most impossible and unbelievable effects you will ever do. I was really hesitant to release this because I know the kind of impact this is going to have on your audiences. My feeling was I can't be everywhere, so I wanted to share this with the community and hope that I could put out something to help better the art I love so much.

Kind regards,
Max

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 1:58pm
BTW. The price goes up $100 on Oct 1st. Just an FYI

Max
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
550 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
I got a close-up look at the box last night. This is a FANTASTIC product. I have not performed with the box, but can certainly comment on the quality of the product.

I have built boxes like this (non-magic) and I could not match the quality. The wood is 1/2 inch thick and sanded to a very nice, smooth finish. Hand stained and waxed, it looks beautiful. My wife collects antiques and this would fit right in. I like that it does not look like a mass produced cigar box with 50 coats of varnish. It looks like a very expensive custom made piece that you I may have picked up at a finer antique store. The aspect ratios of the box are very pleasing, if you make furniture you know this can be a challenge to make something that looks correct. It has just the right touch of old world that eliminates any suspicion. The inside is perfectly flocked and 100% inspectable. The lid is solid with nice hardware.

I must have loaded and activated the box 20 times and it works flawlessly. The mechanical nature is so cool that you just want to keep doing it over and over. This will be the most rehearsed piece in my set just because I love seeing it work. You would think it was made by a Swiss clock maker. This has been talked about, but here is what I like the best. Imagine, you bring a closed, locked box on stage. Hand it to a [s] and never touch the box again. Have the box filled with information, lots and lots of information if you want. Have the [s] open the box. Very silent in the workings. Now, you can have them look and reach into the box to remove the new information Smile or you can have them dump the contents of the box on a table top and then do the same. There is nothing to see. The real power of this box is that is a one person, hands off switch that is done under impossible conditions with a little or a lot of information.

I really love this box and know how powerful it will be in my first performance. I am planning for a few holiday shows and think it will be perfect. I considered other methods but I think this one will play the best. I am glad I got mine before the price increase, but having seen it would certainly be willing to buy it at the new price.

Congratulations Max, this is a very fine piece of magic. I have a very nice place for it in my living room. I think you should sign and number them. http://www.innovativedeceptions.com/id_mdb3.htm

Thanks,
-Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
MMark
View Profile
New user
Edmonton, AB, Canada
39 Posts

Profile of MMark
I ordered the Dream Box also. I had the opportunity to speak with Max on the phone and he is just a fantastic guy. Very passionate about magic and more than willing to offer hints to an amateur like myself. I can't wait to get this product and offer another review on here.

Mark
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1424 Posts

Profile of Jared
I received my 'Dream Box' today and this prop is incredible!!!! I was so excited about it arriving that I literally tore apart the carton in my own driveway (and in the dark no less) before walking into the house LOL.

The box is nicely finished and looks professional, but does not resemble a magical prop. I played with the mechanics a few times and fooled myself by switching an envelope for a few pieces of paper. You cannot believe how ingenious this is and the mechanics work flawlessly. The switching execution itself is a dead silent operation.

There's countless routines that can be performed with the Dream Box, which makes this a great buy because it's compact, takes only seconds to set-up, and can be performed at virtually any venue (including working surrounded).

I’m predicting that this is going to match the success of Multi-Dimensional and be considered one of the best products to hit the mentalism community. I should also mention that Max’s customer service skills might possibly have created a new standard for excellence.... The guy is unreal!

I cannot say enough praise about the Mentalism Dream Box other than that it's my new ‘closer’!

Jared
MMark
View Profile
New user
Edmonton, AB, Canada
39 Posts

Profile of MMark
Thanks for the review Jared... and for making me more impatient to receive mine! Smile

Mark
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
Today I had the pleasure of seeing the box so many of you have been raving about. I've known Max Krause for over two years. Four months ago he moved to Phoenix. Max called and told me I had to see his latest creation, the Mentalist's Dream Box. I laughingly told him, I've been there, done that (referring to the Chameleon Chest), but Max persisted and he's sitting in the living room as I write this. I was blown away. It's totally hands off. That feature alone is worth its weight in gold. When he explained the method and the ingenious mechanism he devised to make it work as it does and there are no electronics involved, I felt as if I had discovered the Holy Grail of prediction chests. I can't imagine any performer not licking his chops over this innovation. Imagine having a spectator (no stooge) collect the what evers from the audience, place the chest on a table and then open the chest to remove one or several of the twenty or more enclosed billets, all without the performer coming anywhere near the chest. That's miracle stuff my friends. I'm about to write Max a check. So should you. (P.S. You can reach Max at his website: http://www.innovativedeceptions.com or phone him at (866) 386-6196. You'll be glad that you did.
Visit our website: www.MentalismUnlimited.com
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Looks amazing. Its on my wishlist
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1190 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Craig,

Once again coming from you that is a huge compliment. I am sure you will have tons of fun with this.

Mark,

Thank you again for the kind words and I know you are going to love this once you get it in your hands.

Jared,

Can't wait to see what diabolical ideas you come up with for this.

Larry,

Thank you so much for that wonderful feedback. Your box as I mentioned to you was part of my inspiration and for a close up show I would use yours in a heartbeat. It really is a fantastic item. I just wanted to do my part to further your wonderful idea.

Deputy,

It's one of those things you will have for the rest of your life. The real fun will be creating all the cool routines for it.

Also, for those who get it there is a private owners section on my forum. I will be posting lots of different ideas and routines there including several from Mr Larry Becker himself with his kind permission. Stay tuned, I always have something else up my sleeve.

The wait list grows longer. 4 ship out on Saturday.

Max
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Wish I had seen this before Oct 1st.

Candin Smile
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3097 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Quote:
On 2009-10-17 12:20, Candin wrote:
Wish I had seen this before Oct 1st.

Candin Smile

So, wait, you're saying that you don't actually have precognition????

My 'box' is in the mail; can''t wait 'til next week to get it!
Will post my 2c worth, when it arrives.

e
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
I hope mine ships soon too! I'm itchin!
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1190 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Candin,

It is a great deal at it's current price believe me.

Eric,

Unfortunately, yours didn't make it out on Sat but it is shipping today since I picked it up last night. Thank you again for your patience. I can't wait to hear what you think once you get it.

Aukt,

Your box is shipping today as well. Thank you for your patience.

These boxes are a ton of work. The are painstakingly made and tested to make sure they work the first time and every time. The order list grows longer, but I promise they are so worth the wait. Now back to packing up Eric and Aukt's along with two others.

Kind regards,
Max
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
LOL Eric.....guess I will have to save me money now::)

Candin
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2085 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Well, Max showed me the box in person last night. This is truly an incredible creation. Its workings are indeed diabolical, and without any electronics. The specs will never know what hit 'em. The fact that the mentalist need never go near the thing takes this box (and its routines) into miracle class. And to top it all off, the box looks absolutely stunning. The subtle hints in the woodwork to disguise the MO are brilliant.

Well done, Max!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mentalists Dream Box (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL