The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mentalists Dream Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I just received the 'Lottery Prediction' cards that were custom-made for the Mentalist Dream Box and the cards are absolutely perfect! The kit includes 180 laminated cards with printed numbers on them along with a generous supply of 3/4" round stickers in various colors. This kit allows me to perform THE most incredible real-time lottery prediction effect ever.

Imagine this....the performer hands out 60 cards each with a different number on the cards plus 60 various colored stickers to the audience. Each person is asked to cover up their number with a colored sticker of their choosing. All of the numbers are then retrieved into the box (MDB), which can be either held by the spectator or left standing on a table at the back of the room. The box is then carried to the stage by a spectator -unlocked- and then 6 persons are invited to select a numbered card with a (different) colored sticker. Each spectator reveals their freely chosen number and all of them match a prediction that has been in plain sight since the start of the show!

But what's even more incredible about this routine is that you not ONLY predict the numbers, but also the corresponding COLORS of the stickers for each number!!!!

I cannot say enough praise about the Mentalist Dream Box because it's so perfect for performing routines that would otherwise not be possible with similar prediction chests...the MDB is really hands-off operation(no tampering) which is huge advantage!

Jared
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
C,

Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about the kits. I am still working on several more that I will be releasing in the upcoming days/weeks.

Jared,

Very happy you liked the lottery and I hope it serves you well. Just another way tp make the Box a big hit in your show.

I have been overjoyed with the response I have gotten via email and the ideas people are coming up with for this. I may just have created a monster! Smile

Kind regards,
Max
Aymeric de Veyrac
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Aymeric de Veyrac
Imagine an entire audience involved in an experiment.

Imagine thrilling breathless spectators that want you to succeed !

Imagine that all can be done with an innoncent and unnoticed box created by the devious mind of Max Krause!

After immense research, this is the first professional tool that can unnoticely exchange what you want and without the performer's help to achieve the goal you had in mind. To blow them away!

Nothing I have ever witness before Max's creation has come close to that idea. I can only thank Max for sharing this incredible product even if doing publicly will make it popular, but I owe that to him!

I am so happy I own one!

Sincerely,

Aymeric de Valon
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Aymeric,

It was so great to hear how well the MDB worked for you in your show. I wish you continued success and thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with me. It is so very much appreciated.

Once again I am thrilled with the stories I am hearing from those who are using this.

Best regards,
Max
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
This seems like a winner. I put in an order for the Dream Box and the Drawing Duplication Routine. While I look forward to devising my own routines as well, it will be helpful to have one from Max to get me started. I look forward to using this as I need a new closer for adults/family shows, and think this may be it. I will report back later ...

Todd
amedica
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amedica
Looks like a solid product. I'll be saving up for a few months now!
Looking to BUY: Penomenon Writer (Black version), Ghost Cap (Porper), CAPtivated, Glass Mirage, Just a Key (Porper)
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Max has excellent customer service!
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I performed Max's Supreme Serial Killer routine with the MDB (again)last weekend and it destroyed the audience! My routine is performed without ever touching the bills. A spectator collects several bills from audience members and then two persons each select one. I then reveal the serial numbers on both bills to their astonishment....Squeeky clean! People raved about this routine long after the show... This is truly a remarkable product!

-Jared
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Great success Jared, awesome! I have used SSK one time so far. Had a woman start reading from the right end of the ssn instead of the beginning! It sort of killed my timing but I recovered. Geeeeezz what is wrong with these people. I now will have to say from left to right please. I have it just waiting for the after January shows to begin!

Too bad it will slow down show wise, I was just getting started!

Candin

Please another Smile Steve brews some great stuff!
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Quote:
On 2009-12-22 00:59, Jared wrote:
I performed Max's Supreme Serial Killer routine with the MDB (again)last weekend and it destroyed the audience! My routine is performed without ever touching the bills.

I write this note with great hesitation. I have stayed out of this thread for the most part. Everyone is having a grand time so why be the fly in the ointment! But...

I should start by saying that I WANT to love this product. (I do not own it.) I just can't figure out why it draws such raves:

1) for Jared, why collect the bills in a box? Why not have them held in a spec's hand?

2) If you can't show the box empty at the outset, isn't it painfully obvious to the audience what must be happening?

Again, I really want to love this product/concept but I can't get there from here.

Gianni
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I disagree Gianni I think having the bills put inside the box as they are gathered shows the audience their was no way any thing funny could have been done with the bills. Also the specator opens the box and selects the bills they want to use in my opinion this would take any heat off of the box because the magician never touches the box or the bills but I would say the audience never thinks of the box as anything other than a box. I have used the MDB in a lot of shows and no one has never questioned the box because the specator is the one who handles the box unlocks the box and chooses whatever is inside of the box. my 2 cents
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Of course I am interested in these points of view. But a few additional questions:

1) how do you return the bills to the audience members? What happens at this point? Presumably the bills must be retrieved from the box from someplace other than the main chamber.

2) I own Becker's Serial Killer. Great effect. But I see no way to get the proper bills to the audience from a box that you never touch for the conclusion of the effect. Multiple bills are required to end the trick. Unless you only have the exact number of bills placed into the box as needed.

Gianni
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Gianni you made a great point never really thought about the way to hand the bills back out. I use the MDB but not with the bill rountine I use it for predictions. In my previsious post I was answering from the reactions I get using it for predictions and I could see where it would get the same reaction using the bills if there was a clever way of switching the bills out. Maybe someone that uses the MDB with the bill rountine can come up with a clever way to switch the bills out. I have use the MDB in a lot of shows and never had the box questioned now I have had the question come up of using a stooge but never the box. I guess one reason the box is never questioned is because how many rountines let the specator do all of the work so in my opinion the audience never questions the box because the magician never touches it.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Gianni,

You purchase the bills from the audience members as they are being collected. You can buy them for a dollar each or give them an extra dime or quarter remarking how can anyone get a 10/25 pct return these days (tongue in cheek).

SO many ways to justify this, the audience really could careless. Its not an issue. Tell them you are trading with them to speed up the show, so just in case you forget later and they think you stole their dollar etc etc.

C

PS: I thought about this and was concerned before I purchased SSK. Great Café members straightened me out. Smile
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Hello Candin if I were in the audience I would wonder why the magician was wanting to buy the dollars that were just used in the effect back. In my opinion there would be no heat on the dollars until the magician started buying them back like he needed them or wanted to hang on to them. In my opinion this would raise a lot of suspicion on the audiences part. I don't own the ssk effect maybe I am missing something. My 2 cents
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
You buy the dollar bills BEFORE they are used in the effect - not after.

You need some dollar bills for a routine but you don't want to use your own, so audience members just stick a dollar bill into the box and take one of yours in return.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yes, you purchase their dollars before the trick not after. As they are being collected Hack. That way you are not touching their dollars. They stick their dollar in the slot and you drop a dollar on the table for them.

If you did it after, that would be a disaster for sure, I hear ya. Smile

Hope everything is going well for you B......Merry Christmas.

Candin
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
That is a clever solution. So at the end of the rountine you could have the dollar used in the effect dropped back into the box because you already paid for them at the beginning of the rountine brilliant. In my opinion doing the effect this way would take any heat off of the box plus making the box like a safe until the bills were needed which would make a great closer because this rountine would be hard to follow.

We are doing great how about yourself Candin?

Everybody have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
Hand out a big stack of $1's and have them choose from them. Less pressure on the audience and you get to control the quality of the bills to select from.
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
With the box, you are always in control of which bills you use (this, of course, being the purpose of the box). And by using bills from the audience, it makes the effect seem more impossible, as there is no way to have gleaned any information about the bills - however unlikely it may seem to us, the audience may assume that you have memorized the entire stack of bills or somehow manipulated the serial numbers. The purpose of the box is to clean up routines such as this, eliminating the possibility of some sort of manipulation - and there are other effects that you simply cannot do without this box (without sacrificing something). The box is simply a tool, and like many tools in magic (thumb tip, change bag, expanded shell, etc.) its use is limited only by your imagination.

Happy Holidays to all here on the Café -

Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mentalists Dream Box (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL