The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » May I know the name of this effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

leonardo0810
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of leonardo0810
The assistant is fixed on the shelf, standing like the Jesus on the cross, then the magician walks through from the assistant's back to the front. Can anybody tell me the name of this, or tell me where can I buy this one? Thank you very much.
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
Interlude.
Both Copperfield and the Pendragons have done it.
Buster Keaton did it even before THAT!
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
I don't think he is talking about Interlude, as it is the magician that gets in and the assistant goes through.

I think you are looking for more of walking through a wall or mirror or razor wire type effect.

Not familiar with the one you are describing, though.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2009-09-11 18:08, Sam Sandler wrote:
I don't think he is talking about Interlude, as it is the magician that gets in and the assistant goes through.

I think you are looking for more of walking through a wall or mirror or razor wire type effect.

Not familiar with the one you are describing, though.

sam

Got a good chuckle out of this. I mean no offense, but here is a classic case of why magicians sometimes don't see the forest for the trees. So by describing it as the magician passes through vs. the assistant passes through, it is honestly unfamiliar to you? Really? Arms spread like Jesus on the cross, passes thru back to front; still not sounding familiar? Too funny.

Magician thru, assistant thru, same difference. Sure sounds like Interlude to me.
Bill
JoeC
View Profile
New user
Asia
59 Posts

Profile of JoeC
Sam, I am sure he is talking about Interlude, as well.

There are a few different sources that sell it. But only a couple of authorized ones, with John Gaughan being one of them. It is another Jim Steinmeyer creation.

Plans were available for a short time from Paul Osbourne - But they suddenly disappeared when he got some "heat" for it.
leonardo0810
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of leonardo0810
Yes!!that's interlude!
I wanna buy the authorized, john gaughan selling it?
I will google ...thank you very much
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
I am very familiar with interlude and was not a matter of not seeing the forest but rather the way he describe it. I was jsut wondering aloud if he was refering to somehting else.

its a good iluusion but be careful it is tight in there.

have fun with it
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Buster Keaton did't performed Interlude,
his gag was totally different idea.
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
Sigh
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
I'm sorry...yes, I know it was a totally different method.
In "Sherlock Jr." Keaton dives into an open case held in front of a
street vendor, appearing to dive through the vendor's chest.

The vendor stands against a fence and, though a man, is dressed as a beggar woman of sorts, if memory serves.
On the other side of the fence, the man's real body is vertical. Only his head and,I believe, his arms (I have the film here, but haven't re-evaluated the scene) are his own...the rest of his body on the audience side is fake.
Interlude works in a completely different way. None of the person's body is fake.

I was trying to be mildly humorous. Smile
Sorry if I was misunderstood.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » May I know the name of this effect? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL