The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Balls Over the Head (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Engine
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Engine
Hi I've read the other posts on "Balls Over the Head" but what sticks me is that there are very few good endings for the effect. So what's yours?

I'll over by telling you the one I've used and liked: I actually load a sponge ball under the lapels of the specs dinner jacket during the course of the routine. At the end he follows me in a series of "do as I do" movements that end with him "producing" the balls from under his own lapels!

I'd love to hear some other ideas. I'm familiar with ending on the line, "It's over your head" But I've never been fond of that....and at the end I always let them in on it.

Copperfield's routine is brilliant but I don't have the same resources Smile
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9493 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I've had a great response letting them in on it. The audience appreciates how they were in on the joke and enjoys watching the reaction of the volunteer.

As an aside, I'll take some object and "toss it" without mentioning it again and go back to doing what I was doing before. Once I wrote my autograph then crumbled it up "tossed it" and mumbled about how it wasn't worth much anyway.

Blackstone Sr. tossed a full pitcher of water to my mentor, Jim Swoger and Jim caught it. This was not part of the regular show. He asked for a drink while a spectator came onstage and tossed the vase while offering the volunteer a drink, then went on like nothing unusual happened.
Engine
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Engine
...Apparently not a hot topic....
Irfaan Kahan
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of Irfaan Kahan
Love the sponge ball idea. I've been doing the standard large ball ending.
I'm a Magician playing the part of an Actor
AlexMack24
View Profile
New user
Auckland, New Zealand
56 Posts

Profile of AlexMack24
Sponge ball idea sounds fantastic.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1033 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I place the watch they I take off their arm into the tube of the toliet paper roll. It gets a great reaction.

Bairefoot
coolini
View Profile
Regular user
australia
175 Posts

Profile of coolini
The sponge ball idea is really good, but I think I would do it after I do a standard spone balls routine so that the volunteer once called to participate doesn't suspect me throwing the ball behind their back
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20498 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Try a string of paper balls laced together and produced from your coat pocket.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Ted Quan had a ending to the routine that I used to like. He often performed it in his restaurant getting some volunteer to come up and sit in a chair that was placed right in front of Ted's table. On the table he had a little sign with a hook on it. He would while initally talking to the victim hook this sign to the victims collar, then proceed with the routine. At the end of the routine, when he stood the victim up and showed him all the balls on the table behind him, as the victim turned around, the sign unrolled reading "You can't fool me". Got a huge laugh.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Veteran user
Berlin/Germany
390 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
Hi,

I often perform this trick with a big kleenex-box and at the end I throw the whole box over the spectator. So the box seems to vanish and one or two seconds later the box falls on the ground and makes a BIG noise and then the spectator turns around and sees how trick is done.

Boretti published the idea to put some napkins on a tray and at the end you throw the tray over the head of the spectator. Big laugh at the end too.

Best wishes

Daniel
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I lead into the effect with a Nielsen Champagne bottle vanish. I use Steve Spill's toilet paper idea and progressively make larger and larger amounts of paper vanish over the head. Finally, I unroll a ridiculous amount of paper and then say, "I don't think I can get away with this one." I reveal the joke to the volunteer and tell them, "I think it's only fair that you have the last laugh. Do you remember the champagne that disappeared? Well, here it is again." I then produce a bottle of champagne from the paper and give it to the spectator as a gift. It ties up the set and gives a strong, magical ending to the routine.

(I should mention that I got the bottle production idea from Paul Romhany. Only the routining is mine.)

Thanks,
Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Balls Over the Head (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL