The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Pabular pass? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Having just purchased the treasure-trove of goodies found in the digital reproduction of Pabular, I recall someone touting the merits of a particular invisible pass found somewhere within it's pages. I found the Café thread referencing it; but, the contributor had forgotten it's name...

I have searched the index to no avail, and expect, if it exists, it is likely part of a routine, with a name unknown to me...

Does anyone here have a clue what pass this might be or where in Pabular it might be found?

TIA,

-Allen M.

p.s., feel free to share your favorite effect from Pabular, too!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Don't remember what the article is called, but it's a Fred Robinson item.

Jack
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Hopefully Etienne aka Lawrence O will weigh in on this since he was a student of Mr Robinson!
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Thanks for the help so far guys; but, even after studying the effects credited to Mr. Robinson in Pabular's index, I haven't located it. It's inclusion in Pabular may be urban myth, or my research skill may be lacking.

Not to worry though, as I am diligently working on perfecting the Invisible Pass of Hugard and Braue.

-A
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Please keep us advised if you do learn the exact reference. Thanks.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
925 Posts

Profile of muse
If you can't find it, perhaps it might be a truly Invisible Pass?
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
You are referring to Fred Robinson's Riffle Pass under the top card. If you want a modern description of it, it's explained in Peter Duffy's excellent book The Magic Of Fred Robinson. By memory, I think that it was also briefly described in the last pages of the Walton's book The Devil's Plaything.

Having learned this pass from Fred and having seen him do it thousands of times under fire (he was using it in his ambitious card routine), I can confirm that it really is invisible (not easy to perfectly master but invisible when done well).
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Quote:
On 2009-09-16 17:51, Lawrence O wrote:
You are referring to Fred Robinson's Riffle Pass under the top card. ...

Thank you for clarifying. While I see Riffle passes used in many routines in Pabular, I do not see the sleight described. Coincidentally I have recently placed an order w/ Mr. Duffie for Vol 2 of his Move Mastery. Likely, I should make an addition and purchase the book as well.

Again, thanks.

-A

<edit>I see that the book The Magic Of Fred Robinson isn't available at peterduffie.com- likely out-of-print... </edit>
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Quote:
On 2009-09-16 14:47, muse wrote:
If you can't find it, perhaps it might be a truly Invisible Pass?

:lol:

-A
Denis Behr
View Profile
Special user
Germany
703 Posts

Profile of Denis Behr
While I don't own the CD, I understand the the items of Jerry Sadowitz are not included in the digital Pabular. Maybe the sleight you are looking for is described in the context of one of the removed articles.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
The The Magic Of Fred Robinson book is available with Martin Breese
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Quote:
On 2009-09-17 05:50, Lawrence O wrote:

Thanks Etienne,

I did find a copy; although have yet to order it as it is a bit expensive and I have already far exceeded my Magic Budget for the month! Smile I assume you would advise that it is well worth the investment?

Cheers,

-A
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2009-09-17 10:55, allen_m wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-09-17 05:50, Lawrence O wrote:

Thanks Etienne,

I did find a copy; although have yet to order it as it is a bit expensive and I have already far exceeded my Magic Budget for the month! Smile I assume you would advise that it is well worth the investment?

Cheers,

-A

... Nope! I would suggest that you spread the expense over two or three months of budget. You'll need that time to fully absorb Fred's subtle magic and realize that it was really worth it.

But you are right on a point: it is well worth the investment!

:)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Pabular pass? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL