The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Web site that actually gets gigs booked (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
Nice comments on this thread, thanks for starting it Curt.

I'd like to offer my comments as well.

My feeling is that for new prospects your website should be an extension of yourself and your show.

Your website is an incredible tool that does the branding for you.

I often receive calls from people who want to book me because my website is professional and speaks to the type of client I'm seeking.

The fact that it works while I sleep is even better.

It's important to keep in mind how people choose magicians:

Their child, boss or whoever says they want a magician for their event. They go to google and search. With the results they open as many tabs as they can in their browser and start poking around.

The goal is to capture and engage the visitor with your website. If you can get them to click around you've essentially started the engagement and the more they click the more they read, watch videos and learn about you.

For the record my website is www.TheSanDiegoMagician.com

It currently converts at over 60%

I've had such success with internet marketing that I've set up another blog/project to help service based professionals with tips and advice at www.ClickConvertProfit.com - Feel free to check it out and read some of the content as it has helped a lot of folks.

Josh
Josh
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2014, JoshLondonMagic wrote:
For the record my website is www.TheSanDiegoMagician.com

It currently converts at over 60%

Josh -

Are you saying that 60% of your website visitors book you?

Or, are you saying that 60% of those who inquire about a show, book your show?

Because those are different things.

Conversion of a website visitor into an inquiry, and then into a customer, is different from just converting an inquiry into a customer.

Conversion of an inquiry into a customer, is more about what you are doing back-end (emails, phone calls, etc.), and not necessarily about your website converting prospects into paying customers.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
Yes I know the difference and should have been more clear.

Over 60% of website visitors hit my conversion goals that I've set up.

My goals are 3 things:

1. Call me
2. Email me
3. Fill out my contact form

Of those that do the 3 above I close about 40%.

When talking about conversion it is important to have goals that you want the visitor to door else you don't know if you are hitting your goals and you're unable to revise and optimize your content.

So, if 10 people visit my site 6 of them will contact me. Of those 6 a little less than half will book me.

Josh
Josh
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Web site that actually gets gigs booked (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL