We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Raiders of the Lost Ark before Spielberg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
And I thought I knew something about the history of cinema...

Raiders of the Lost Ark from 1951!

Ghost Busters from 1954!
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
That was freakin' incredible!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27164 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Bravo!
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Thanks for the link, very entertaining but Ghost Busters, Raiders of The Lost Ark, and Forest Gump, all had a disclaimer at the end, stating that the trailers were fake and only made for laughs.
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Did you notice the "Patton" music in "Raiders"?
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
Quote:
On 2009-09-16 23:10, Tom Bartlett wrote:
Thanks for the link, very entertaining but Ghost Busters, Raiders of The Lost Ark, and Forest Gump, all had a disclaimer at the end, stating that the trailers were fake and only made for laughs.

I believe internet etiquette requires me to say "Thank you, Captain Obvious" at this point...Smile

I hope he gets some work from this, as he hopes - he certainly knows his films. Horse Feathers doesn't get much of a run these days and I'd never even heard of Fancy Curves or Look to Lockheed for Leadership.
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Brilliant! Creativity at it's finest!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Quote:
On 2009-09-17 06:45, Nosher wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-09-16 23:10, Tom Bartlett wrote:

I believe internet etiquette requires me to say "Thank you, Captain Obvious" at this point...Smile

I hope he gets some work from this, as he hopes - he certainly knows his films. Horse Feathers doesn't get much of a run these days and I'd never even heard of Fancy Curves or Look to Lockheed for Leadership.
It may have been "Obvious" to you (but it did not look sound that way in your first post)and me, but I have had several emails forwarded that this fact was not noticed and people really thought these were authentic.

People believe all kinds of thing that are “Obviously" not true, because they don’t pay attention, fail to check things out for themselves or they think it sound neat or a million other reasons. After all that’s how politicians get elected.

But you can still call me Captain if you like! If you do maybe they will think I served as a navy seal like “Mr. Rogers” Smile
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
It's funny that Raiders, a tribute to old timey adventure films, now gets this kind of tribute itself.
As a famous Sith Lord once said, "At last, the circle is complete."
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
asithlord
View Profile
New user
johnathan townsends daily hobbie is
98 Posts

Profile of asithlord
Was titanic made in 1912 then?
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
When the Titanic hit the iceberg, the ship's theater was showing the 1911 version of "The Poseidon Adventure."

http://www.snopes.com/lost/poseidon.asp
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1024 Posts

Profile of jlibby
Run, Forrest! Run!

What if Jimmy Stewart had starred in Forrest Gump?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab-pU7cXFAs

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
Ugly $5 Report is GOLD!

Grab your copy now:
https://makequickcashonlinenow.co.business
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Raiders of the Lost Ark before Spielberg (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL