We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My promo video (Some honest feedback would be nice) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Take a look at my promo video, let me know what you think.

It was about half a day of driving around and filming, and it took the guy 1 week to edit. Only cost 200 bux.

I think its at least a start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG1f1UBmmqA
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
It's nicely done. Very professionally shot and edited. Good work, and especially at that kind of price.

What venues are you trying to promote with this?

In your next video you might want to keep that in mind.

It only shows you doing random street magic, and I think that you need to show yourself doing things in situations that are more close to what the buyer would want you to be doing--bar, restaurant, private party, corporate event, etc.

What you are doing does not look like something you would be hired to do--it looks like you are just going around to people on the street for free.
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Very good point.

Yes the next video will include bar/restaurant magic. as well as some private in-home stand up.

:)

Thanks for the advice.
magicPhred
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of magicPhred
Excellent promtional tool. Well worth the moola.

A very small nit - if I may say....

One thing I noticed, because in my other life I am a musician and audio is important to me.

The overdubbed vocal soundquality is relatively poor in comparison to the rest of the video. IMHO the sound quality of the video camera is even better than the overdub.

I am guessing that the overdub was either using a different mic, or with the same mic in a very different environment - like in a long narrow room.
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
Great points mentioned so far.

As was stated already, try and aim for a target market. Keep the audience reaction shots. They really sell and I try to keep audience reaction shots in my videos.

Second, please change the music. Not only for the audio levels just mentioned, but also because of licensing usage. Unless you have a 'sync' license, you cannot use copyrighted music without permission.

Audio is 80 percent of the quality of the picture, so take all of magicPhred's advice strongly.

But overall, good work (I could tell he used an Apple Motion template for the red balls, but that's only because I used to use Motion a few years ago for a project before I moved to After Effects).

For the price, you've got a good starting off point. Can't wait to see your next ones! Thanks for sharing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My promo video (Some honest feedback would be nice) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL