The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Name That Card by Bob Solari (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Name That Card: Effect: Spectator is asked to think of any card and you will name his/her card. After he/she has a card in mind, you will tell he/she you are going to name his/her card. You then call out the name ELMER. You now ask him/her what card he/she has in mind. He/she says for example, Two of Clubs. You remove the Two of Clubs from the deck and turn it over. The name Elmer is written across the back of the card! The rest of the cards are turned over showing each card has a different name written across its back. 52 different names, no skill, can be repeated with a different name, Bicycle® brand.

Fist off, I love the effect. Your audience will be shocked when you name there card "Elmer" or whatever card it is....And remember you name there card in advance. Way before they even tell you what it is....The effect is extremely easy, resets in seconds, great for strolling or walk around magic.

Your audience is hooked on the effect from the start and they can see each card has a different name, every single card names do not repeat and you named there card in advance. No stacked deck, you don't have to memorize the order, its totally easy and fun to perform...

You can pick it up at http://www.bobsolarimagic.com and did I mention its only $15!!!

Junior
J Rodriguez
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
This is a great effect I use it for every parlor show and close up show. It is outstanding.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Bob has a demo of this on his site...check it out...

http://www.bobsolarimagic.com

Junior Smile
J Rodriguez
wcoach
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of wcoach
I know this card trick has been out for a while but I feel I had to write something about it. I received this card trick from bobsolarimagic.com one month ago, (fast shipping for sure), I had it two days after I ordered it. I needed a good filler trick that was quick and easy and this is it. The reset takes about 3 seconds, it is almost an automatic reset. I am getting great reactions from everyone I perform this for. I am able to use it at the very next group if necessary as it is ready to go. I like this effect because it is easy to perform, packs in just a card box, and it has a quick reset. I have worked this into my top tricks that I carry with me. Give it a try and see the reactions you get. Sometimes when I know a person's name, I can adjust the outcome to be really awesome. This is a benefit of "NAME THAT CARD" that should not be overlooked. I have several tricks from this website (www.bobsolarimagic.com) and I very happy with all of the picks I have gotten. Check this one out "NAME THAT CARD" I think you will like it too.
wcoach
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of wcoach
I know this card trick has been out for a while but I feel I had to write something about it. I received this card trick from bobsolarimagic.com one month ago, (fast shipping for sure), I had it two days after I ordered it. I needed a good filler trick that was quick and easy and this is it. The reset takes about 3 seconds, it is almost an automatic reset. I am getting great reactions from everyone I perform this for. I am able to use it at the very next group if necessary as it is ready to go. I like this effect because it is easy to perform, packs in just a card box, and it has a quick reset. I have worked this into my top tricks that I carry with me. Give it a try and see the reactions you get. Sometimes when I know a person's name, I can adjust the outcome to be really awesome. This is a benefit of "NAME THAT CARD" that should not be overlooked. I have several tricks from this website (www.bobsolarimagic.com) and I very happy with all of the picks I have gotten. Check this one out "NAME THAT CARD" I think you will like it too.
wcoach
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of wcoach
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
After reading the above post 3 times LOL- (sorry-had to do it-a little leeway for the new person)- I am assuming that the name of the card doesn't always have to be namned Elmer, is that correct?
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Once you own this, any name can be set up to use yes.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Do you have to switch out certain things before you can use a different name, or can you go right into another performace and use a different name?

Thanks for the reply Rizzo!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
What's the difference to Phil?
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
You would need to carry an extra 1 or 2 cards to use in place of Elmer to have a different name to be able to repeat it once or twice Just have the prepared cards in the case and add to the deck when you want a different name. It's nothing revolutionary here but a simple fantastic workable effect that you can change to have different names or odd back color cards etc
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
I highly recommend this...simple and memorable for your audience... I put this back into my act...once you learn the secret you can customize it too...

I recently did a gig for Playstation for the kick off of there 1st Red 500gb God Of War Edition PS3 and customized the deck so every card was a different playstation game and or character, I named there card "Isaac", everyone was confused til I pointed at the banner Playstation had which listed Isaac as one of the extra God character's you get if you pre-ordered the game...The groups I performed this for loved it...

Anyway, lots of possibiities with this deck , no need to customize it but I figured it fit the ocassion... you can still pick this up at http://bobsolarimagic.com/shop/Name%20That%20Card for $14.95...
J Rodriguez
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
That's a great idea to customize it, why didn't that occur to me before!!!

Because they are standard Bike decks it is easy to customize a few cards or the entire deck. Very simple to make up your own. I have my wife write on the backs of the cards as her writing looks much better than mine.
Far superior to the Phil deck as it uses a different method (a much better one IMO) which looks much cleaner and allows you to handle and show the cards much more openly. You can show literally EVERY card in the deck to have a different name. Plus, the benefits of easily customizing different decks as described in other posts such as the Playstation gig (fantastic idea by the way-BRAVO).

It's a one trick deck but it's worth carrying around for me because it gets great reactions, akin to the ID I would say. But unlike the ID it makes sense with this deck to put it away and bring out a regular ungimmicked deck because of the fact that every card has a different name written on it, so you really have no choice but to exchange it, and then you can go into tricks with a regular deck if you like.

If you're doing a short set of card routines and need to do a deck sw***ch for whatever reason, you can put your regular deck in your pocket for a bit, then use this trick in the middle of the set, then simply bring out your "regular" deck again, and boom, you're all set with a stack or whatever you need. It's also similar to the ID in that it makes a great lead-off "impromptu" trick because you're about halfway through the trick before you bring out the deck. I always feel a bit awkward performing impromptu to people you have just met, such as friends of friends, and immediately bringing out a deck of cards or some magic prop looking thing (i.e. sponge balls), you can often times feel them rolling their eyes and it just feels kind of strange to me. But I use a "Do you believe in fate or destiny?" kind of premise to ease into it slowly and much more naturally.

Other than an occasional Card-toon (or Fart-toon) this is the only trick deck I use and I love it. Highly recommended!!!
Bill
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
This is an emergency trick for me, it's always in my case in case I need more time to be filled. It's a great trick, far superior to PHIL.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
This effect is by far better than Phil and it is an outstanding effect. This one you will use close up and parlor It is very easy with no sleight of hand.
5 out of 5 stars.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I bought a deck of super jumbo cards off ebay a couple weeks ago. They're huge, 14"x10" or something like that. Pretty decent cards too. Cost under 20 bucks or so with shipping and arrived from China in a week.
My plan was to make a big stage version of Name That Card. Thought it should be workable with the big cards and would be fun for the audience. You can gets lots of entertainment out of this trick.
Haven't tried it out yet but plan to as soon as I can get around to it. Even for smaller parlor sized shows where the regular size cards would be fine, I just like the idea of the huge cards. Makes a card trick into something a little more out of the ordinary. And with this trick there's no need for them to think it's a regular deck anyway.
Kevin Wade
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wade
The method looks as though it may be the same as used in Jay Sankey's outstanding "Yes & No" effect. Can anyone confirm?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I think I have yes or no on Sankeys paperclipped DVD but it's been so long I can't remember the workings, I'll have to dig it out.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
How is this different than Ed Marlo's trick called "female"?

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
I just received this on the weekend and played around with it today. I wasn't too happy with the gimmicks - especially one that seemed to be almost like a regular card and so I've treated them with my handy dandy Science Friction and I think that will make it a 100% better. Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

Ed
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Name That Card by Bob Solari (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL