The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2009 entrée: Docc Hilford » » Warped Slates » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stewman
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of stewman
Hi Docc,
I just purchased your Peyton's Slates but they came with a significant warp in both slates. This would seem to me to be a problem. Could you advise me as what I should do about this. thanks.
Randall
Randall Magic, LLC
Docc Hilford
View Profile
V.I.P.
377 Posts

Profile of Docc Hilford
Randal,

Sorry they're warped. It's a great effect (the sounds of writing, not the warping).

Probably moisture got on them during the five years they've been in storage at Murphy's. Try putting them between two wooden boards for a while. If this doesn't straighten them out, you have to return them to your dealer or Murphy's.

Who ever sent them must have missed their condition. Because no one would ever send unusable tricks to a customer.

Here's something you don't know...

The comedians who make the Raven magnet-on-a-string trick, demanded that Murphy's re-name MY product from Raven's Slates to something else. They felt they owned the word "Raven" and that it meant that a magnet was used in the method! Wow.

The name was changed against my wishes. Funny, crazy stuff. The effect, however, is one of the strongest I perform. Ask those who have seen it in a seance.
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Yes, the sound is the thing here. It sounds like someone writing on the slates. It's creepy.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2009 entrée: Docc Hilford » » Warped Slates » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL