The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Back of a Business Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
783 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
I'm about to print some business cards and don't want to waste the space on the back.

What is a good magical (or funny) thing I could print on the back of my clown business cards?
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
323 Posts

Profile of jiayi
Your logo
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Out to Lunch ideas are the first that come to mind.

OR

If you don't want to use your card for use in a trick, be comical about it. Why not have a photo of yourself taken from the back. So when they turn the card over, they see the back of a clown.

OR

Your Logo

OR

How about a photo of you without your makeup. Have the title under you photo "no clownin' around" or something like that...

Good luck!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
783 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Quote:
On 2009-09-22 00:44, Christopher Lyle wrote:
Out to Lunch ideas are the first that come to mind.

OR

If you don't want to use your card for use in a trick...

What is an "Out to Lunch" idea?

I do want to use my card in a trick. What's a good one?

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Dennis Michael (I think it was him!) made a huge post listing on the potential things you could do on the back of a business card. Use the Café search function and find that post, it already includes the ideas listed here, plus tons more!
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

1000s of different applications of the Out to Lunch principle...here's a basic idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmK78uDO4ho
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
783 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
I found this on another forum. Is this the "Out to Lunch" that we are talking about? I'll have to pull out my Mark Wilson book. The best things are always under your nose anyway.
Quote:
'Out to Lunch' principle and the 'master move', which can be found on pg 165 - 166 of 'Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic' by Mark Wilson.

Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Yes! They are one in the same! MILLONS of different applications can be used with this principle. Jay Sankey has some really nice routines using OTL on his Business Card DVD as well.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1600 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
I put testimonials on the back of my card, with the headline "What Applause Looks Like on a Business Card". Along with two great testimonials, I also include this one: "I loved Brian the Magician so much that I married him!" (signed, Brian's Wife). Always gets a good laugh. Smile

On one of my previous cards, I put down something like "For a Free Report on how to have a successful event, visit www...." This got people visiting my website for a free report, and gave them a chance to visit other parts of my website. I recall several times going to do birthday magic shows, and seeing my printed report sitting on their counter top.

Brian
jackturk
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of jackturk
How about an offer for a reduced fee or special bonus?
Free balloon animals. Free Magic Kit with booking.

--Jack
"59 Ways To Recession Proof Your Entertainment Business -- FREE!"
http://www.GetLeadsLikeCrazy.com

"How To Make $25,000 a Year Doing Birthday Parties Part-Time"
http://www.magicmarketingcenter.com/birthdayPT
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I have done magic squares on the backs of my business cards in the past, but I'm not sure that would be effective for a clown. I also did a "stinky breath test" using the out to lunch idea for kids. I would mention that someone had stinky breath and would draw a happy face on the back of the card. I would then have each kid in the group (only 2 or 3 kids) initial the card and then breathe on the happy face. Each time nothing would happy. "That's strange," I would say, "this usually works really well." I would then test it on myself by initialing the back and breathing on the card. This time the happy face would change expression looking like it had just eaten a lemon. "Oh man!" I would say, "It looks like it's me!" 99% of the time this got a big laugh, but on two separate occasions one of the kids was so scared by the change that they ran away in fear. One was a birthday child who locked himself in his room and wouldn't watch the actual show. Because of this, I stopped doing it.

Thanks,
Richard
Circus Bambouk
View Profile
Loyal user
Tempe, AZ
256 Posts

Profile of Circus Bambouk
That's hilarious.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I leave mine blank so that I can use it to write predictions, etc. Allows me a whole lot more versatility, including predicting selected cards, Out to Lunch effect with participant's name, etc. And of course, my Assertive Positive Negative routine. Written by hand at the time makes it more personal, and more likely to be kept IMO.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Years ago I would go up to the moms in the crowd and say to them your kids are cute... would you like to see my pride and Joy? I would pull out my business card that had a Picture of "Pride and Joy" (the cleaners)..... on the other side was my contact information.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-09-22 16:46, rtgreen wrote:
I have done magic squares on the backs of my business cards in the past, but I'm not sure that would be effective for a clown. I also did a "stinky breath test" using the out to lunch idea for kids. I would mention that someone had stinky breath and would draw a happy face on the back of the card. I would then have each kid in the group (only 2 or 3 kids) initial the card and then breathe on the happy face. Each time nothing would happy. "That's strange," I would say, "this usually works really well." I would then test it on myself by initialing the back and breathing on the card. This time the happy face would change expression looking like it had just eaten a lemon. "Oh man!" I would say, "It looks like it's me!" 99% of the time this got a big laugh, but on two separate occasions one of the kids was so scared by the change that they ran away in fear. One was a birthday child who locked himself in his room and wouldn't watch the actual show. Because of this, I stopped doing it.

Thanks,
Richard

WOW! I think those kids need to get out more....SERIOUSLY!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-09-22 20:38, MagicB1S wrote:
Years ago I would go up to the moms in the crowd and say to them your kids are cute... would you like to see me pride and Joy? I would pull out my business card that had a Picture of "Pride and Joy" (the cleaners)..... on the other side was my contact information.

Better watch out with that line now. You say that before you can get your card, the moms (who might think your "pride and joy" is something else) might hit ya with their magic mace!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Quote:
On 2009-09-22 21:38, Christopher Lyle wrote:

WOW! I think those kids need to get out more....SERIOUSLY!

To give the second kid credit, his parents had his birthday party pretty late (I think my show started at 9 or 10pm and he was only 7 or 8 years old) so he was pretty tired. I did the show for the rest of the family, and left him a ball vase and penny to dime with a note saying the magic I did was just tricks and here were a couple he could learn for himself. I got a nice call from his mother a couple of days later saying how much fun he was having with the tricks I had given him. However, the experience caused me to have second thoughts about the trick so I put it away for a while and never got back to it.

Thanks,
Richard
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1839 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
52 on 1.

Then then customer can be a magician too.

I've make them on my computer.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
How about the reverse of what is on the front? Back of the head shot, and all the text backwards...
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I like the back of my cards blank so I can do the old self-printing card trick.
I know it's old, but everyone really likes seems to like it.

Also I can do chinese numerolory, regular numerology, aura drawings (haven't done those yet) or billet work with the card and give it as a memento. I don't know if these would work for you, but they could all be made to be very funny if you wanted them to be.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Back of a Business Card (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL