The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » How to deal yourself trips in texas holdem (vid)... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
jmstrings
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of jmstrings
Quote:
On 2009-09-29 01:43, C-Taylor wrote:
I always like to think,"would I do this if someone had a gun on the table?"

If someone had a gun at the table, I wouldn't be cheating at all. Period. My life is more valuable.

Quote:
On 2009-09-29 07:08, AMcD wrote:
I'm with Stone Smile.

To be strictly fair, I've seen people shuffling cards face up in the past. According to them it was kinda proof for onlookers that cards were well mixed. Just to keep going being fair, it should have occurred 2 or 3 times and I play cards for such a long time...

Wasn't really very serious game though.

However, one stuff we meet once in a while is people showing the bottom card after a shuffle. For instance guys doing a cascade after a riffle. Not the "in the air" cascade but the one with the cards held perpendicularly above the mat.

Thank you. People DO shuffle face up sometimes. It's pretty common, which is why I'm able to get away with it. I've never been called on it.

Yes, I play at private home games in tournaments with a buy-in of $50-$75 or cash games with a $.50/$1 blinds. Not huge, but profitable.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
And you cheat?

You already said you don't cheat.

I don't play for much money, but I would call you on it, and I have a hard time believing you actually shuffle like that and no one calls you on it.

Four pages of this thread, and no one has come right out and said it:

Your video sucks. Big time. It sucks so bad that I thought you were joking. The lamest people I know would not play poker with you. So I don't believe that you are telling the truth. Sorry. Don't want to hurt your feelings. I'm really a nice guy. Ask everyone here. I am. Truly. But your videos suck.

Now, that doesn't matter. If you post a video that sucks and ask how you can improve, then you will get lots of help. That's what this forum is for. But if you post a video that sucks and then try to tell us you're moving in real games and can show us how to do it ourselves, then you become a laughing stock. Again, I don't want to hurt your feelings. I'm just telling you how we think in this forum.

One more comment: you play some pretty sounding stuff on your guitar with a kind of slap technique. Then you post another video of guitar playing with a slap technique. Then a third and a fourth.

I truly say this with love in my heart and a desire to help you: you need to broaden your horizons, learn from others, taste the world, be open to learning, expand, grow, become someone who knows that the world is very big and has unknown mysteries that will enrich you if you only slow down and say...

..."can you help me?"...

...instead of trying to teach people who have already been there and done that long before you even got interested in the subject.

What? Are you now going to give me a lecture on Aristotle or something?

Again, I am being helpful and kind. Breathe twice, re-read this post twice, then think twice about how to respond. I only want to help.

Your new buddy Jeff.
Alan M
View Profile
Elite user
California
402 Posts

Profile of Alan M
Quote:
On 2009-09-30 17:55, jmstrings wrote:

Thank you. People DO shuffle face up sometimes. It's pretty common, which is why I'm able to get away with it. I've never been called on it.

Yes, I play at private home games in tournaments with a buy-in of $50-$75 or cash games with a $.50/$1 blinds. Not huge, but profitable.

Stop banging your head against the wall. You're starting to annoy the wall.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3112 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Perhaps you misread or misunderstood me?

I've seen such a shuffle 2 or 3 times in my life. Was kind of family/friend games with old guys (you know, the ones full of definitive ideas).

I've seen 25 millions overhand shuffles and 50 millions riffle shuffles (approximately Smile).

Conclusion? I don't think it's a good idea to keep practicing it...

Of course, just in case you wanna everyone to stare at you everytime it's up to you to deal, it's a good one...
Bret Maverick
View Profile
Regular user
U.S.A.
188 Posts

Profile of Bret Maverick
Quote:
By Stoneunhinged: Your video sucks. Big time. It sucks so bad that I thought you were joking.

I'll admit, Jeff, that my intital thought was that the video was a parody recorded just for laughs, especailly after reading the authoritative warning provided. Sadly, I was mistaken, and now wish that, like Jason,I'd fallen aslseep a few seconds into the never-ending shuffle.

Bret
"If all a man can count on is finally pushing up the grass, when I do I'll lay you odds that grass is mine!" - Theme Song For The T.V. Series BRET MAVERICK, by Ed Bruce
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
682 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
All you people need to back up off of jmstrings!!!

You have beautiful work, jmstrings.... so, um.... you think you can get me a seat at one of your games?
One time, when I was young, I botched a sleight so bad, Vernon, Marlo & Miller rolled over in their graves. But I didn't see Elmsley, probably because he was behind the others.
jmstrings
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of jmstrings

here
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1245 Posts

Profile of splice
Wow, that proves everything!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Kimura
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of Kimura
Well that's proof.

Gentlemen step back, there is a new hustla in town.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I fold!
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3112 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Definitive proof.

I'm... speechless!
No. 92
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of No. 92
Did you win all that using your sweet cards moves?
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
"Those who has to say they is.......ain't".

I guess more importantly, did you cheat?
Did you shuffle face up with that nasty magic stacking routine of yours?

If you just won some cash at a poker game........so what?

It may in fact be time for you to bid a quiet farewell to the Gambling Spot and go wow some kids at the Penguin or Ellusionist forums with your grainy pictures of $20 bills.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I'd like to see a "How To" book published by THE MAN!
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
Quote:
On 2009-10-03 20:10, No. 92 wrote:

I second this using Napoleon Dynamite's voice.

Quote:

Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
654 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Quote:
On 2009-10-04 01:17, Clock wrote:
Quote:

If that's not the funniest post I've read all year, I don't know what it is.
“For centuries we’ve said playing cards – even a single playing card – could reveal a person’s innermost thoughts.
Now you can prove it!”
See http://www.dixonmagic.com/page5/page5.html
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
Don't be jealous that he was chatting on Poker Stars with babes... all day.
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
682 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
That Clock seconded himself with a double post is rather sublime...
One time, when I was young, I botched a sleight so bad, Vernon, Marlo & Miller rolled over in their graves. But I didn't see Elmsley, probably because he was behind the others.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Hahahah!

This thread is jokes!

For the record:

Click here to view attached image.
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
DN777
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of DN777
Yup, no serious discussion here! LOL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » How to deal yourself trips in texas holdem (vid)... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL