The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Anyone using Facebook or Twitter to increase profits? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jamesbond
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of jamesbond
Hi there,

just wondering is there anyone out there who is using Facebook/Twitter with good results - i.e. more leads, more repeat shows from clients??? Do you know of any courses that talk specifically about using these social media that would be suitable for our business? Thanks!

Bond
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I filled a hundred seat theater with my primary promotion being on facebook. I kept people informed about the preparations and built excitement and then used the facebook events to promote ticket sales. I also think facebook or twitter would work really well for restaurant workers to promote the nights they are working. The secret is to not blatantly advertise. Facebook is a way of sharing thoughts not propagate information or press releases. Promote your shows by talking about them the way you would answer a friend who asks what's going on with your magic. This gives people a feeling of personal involvement with your work.

(I did post my press releases on the show on facebook, but did so as a way of getting feedback. i.e. "Here is what I am going to sent to the press, what do you think?" or "Look, the newspaper had an article about me. Check it out!")

Just my 2 cents . . .

Thanks,
Richard
jamesbond
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of jamesbond
Thanks Richard!

Funny - I do restaurants every week so what I was thinking is getting guests somehow - opt in into my facebook page and this way I can reach potential leads for corp. events - anybody doing something like this out there?

Bond
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I don't have one, but a lot of people on facebook set up what's called a fan page. I think that would be a great way to keep in touch with your clients.

Thanks,
Richard
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
750 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
All of these Web2.0 sites can be linked together to give you a better web presence

and I use Twitter Religiously.. (kinda)
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
I've been experimenting with Twitter since March of 2009, which is when I signed up. It is fast, easy, inexpensive, and...to date...unprofitable. But I believe that is due to my lack of an appropriate approach/offer combination, and further believe that with the correct, it can pay off.

As our friend Pete Biro here at the Café writes, "Stay tooned... ."

Leland
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
750 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
No offers on Twitter...

It's a social environment and should be used as such
use it to gain authority status in your market and a following
then attach to your blog which is where the offers are at

it will drive traffic back to your website.. and can book gigs if done correctly ..
gordon russ
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of gordon russ
I just started a new restaurant job here in Metro-Detroit. I have been there two weeks. Last night I asked every table at the end of my routine if they use Face Book. The ones that said yes, I asked them to tell their friends on Face Book about the magician they saw. At one table I posed for pictures with a bunch of balloon animals and the kids. Then they would have a picture to post with their comments. I do not know how well it will work in bringing folks into the restaurant. We shall see next week. It is amazing what you can now do that you could not do just 5 years ago. You can have a kid text all his friends and email them a photo you, while you are still working his table.

Gordon
GordonRuss.com
magicbobc
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of magicbobc
I have a very close friend that knows a lot about internet marketing, he have a company about that.
H´s helping me with my twitter account, facebook and all my "online marketing"

He likes to help a lot,
send him an e-mail explaining him your case and what you need online, and I'm sure he will write back with a great answer.
His e-mail is gerboue@gmail.com, His name is Gerardo and he lives in Mexico City.
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Another good social networking site is 434u. This is fairly new but there are a lot of entertainers already using it. Most of the features of Facebook. It started in Australia, where it quickly grew to 270th most popular site in the country and now spreading well world wide. At this point it's invitation only, (like gmail when it first launched.) Send me a PM if you would like an invite link.
trickychaz
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
549 Posts

Profile of trickychaz
I just had a company call yesterday and ask if I had a facebook! They said they make a lot of money and generate a lot of leads for their insurance based business.

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 12:24am
Facebook is a great medium for socializing, but shouldn't be overloaded with sales messages. You can get away with about 10% of your post being a sales messages, but make it subtle
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1296 Posts

Profile of nucinud
I have booked gigs from both Face Book and Twitter
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Anyone using Facebook or Twitter to increase profits? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL