The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » MINDvention Update and Schedule (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gino M.
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Gino M.
Hey my friends,

It's been a busy summer for me (and hopefully for you as well), but it's time to look forward to the upcoming MINDvention Nov 8-10th in exciting Las Vegas... We presented a one hour version of MINDvention at MAGIC Live! and I have gotten some great feedback from those that attended...

below is a copy of the schedule for you to peruse...

The Dealer Room is sold out (a good sign I believe) and we have registrants coming from all over the US and from; UK, Canada, Sweden, India, Israel, Belgium, Spain, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Turkey and Australia!

This is shaping up to be a great three days exploring the Art of Mentalism...
stay well, keep busy and I am looking forward to seeing you in Las Vegas...

Danny Archer

2009 MINDvention Schedule of Events

Sunday 8th

Noon Registration Opens

1:30 Attendee Show

3:00 Devin Knight/Berk Eraty Mini-Lectures

5:30 Panel Discussion – Topic TBD

6:45 Dinner Break

8:44 Christopher Carter Show (75 min)

Monday 9th

11:00 AM Panel Discussion
Lessons I’ve Learned as a Mind-Reader

12:30 PM Lunch/Dealers

2:00 Alain Nu Lecture

4:30 Larry Becker Interview

6:00 Dinner Break/ Dealers

8:00 Andy Nyman Lecture

Tuesday 10th

11:00 AM Attendee Show

12:30 PM Lunch/Dealers

2:00 PM Bob Cassidy Lecture

4:30 PM Max Maven Lecture

6:30 PM Dinner Break

8:30 PM All Star Show

Schedule/performers subject to change
roi_tau
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel
333 Posts

Profile of roi_tau
We will be there too as dealers.

Looking forward to see you.

Roi
Gino M.
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Gino M.
Just when I thought the schedule was set and finished, several new additions came along... All the details and the NEW SCHEDULE are below... Danny Archer

Here is the latest update on MINDvention :

On Sunday the first attendee show will start at 1:00 PM. This will lead into what promises to be an interesting panel discussion. Sean Taylor and a few of his mates from Australia will be attending MINDvention again. These gentlemen, created, produced, marketed and performed their own full evening mentalism show down under. They have agreed to present a panel on the nuts and bolts of how they took their concept from the page to the stage. They will show a few clips, answer some questions and fill you in on how they did it, and how you can do it as well.
We are doubly fortunate in that Mr. Taylor will also be the Master of Ceremonies for the All-Star Show. For those of you who saw Sean when he lectured and performed at the 2007 MINDvention, you know what an accomplished and professional entertainer he his.

The moving up of the schedule will also allow us to give more time to the two mini-lectures scheduled for Sunday. Devin Knight is well known for his many, clever magic and mentalism effects that he has created and released to the community. I heard from enough people telling me that one hour was not enough time, so we have increased his lecture time by 50%! Devin will also have a table in the dealer’s room showing off his line. Sharing his spot is Berk Eratay.

Berk is probably not as well known in the US, but in his native Turkey where he was the winner of the Phenomenon TV program that is not the case. As last year’s MINDvention Berk blew everyone away in the attendee show and now he back to lecture and share some of the secrets that led to his TV success. His specialty is Horror Mentalism and I for one can’t wait to see what he has in store for us.

We have also pushed the start of the Christopher Carter show up a few minutes. Chris will be performing the very same show he does several times a week for colleges and corporate audiences around the country. It will be so great to see a real mentalism pro doing his bread and butter routines.

That will leave us just enough time to squeeze in a fascinating presenter. As Special Artist Consultant to The Next Uri Geller television series, Joe Atmore has traveled around the world consulting for the franchise in such countries as Germany, the Netherlands, Russia and Turkey. Atmore’s first experience on the series was consulting for a mentalist on the American version of the show, NBC’s Phenomenon. During the run of that show, he was signed up to consult, not just for a single competitor, but to assist with the entire television production in Europe (and even making a guest starring appearance in Russia). This has lead to hundreds of hours of live broadcast time under his belt, and even more hours of behind the scenes happenings in the making of the series. In his lively talk for MINDvention, Joe will provide attendees a rare glimpse into the world’s most popular mentalism show.

And that’s Sunday’s schedule.

On Monday we have added in a presentation by Jim Callahan after the Andy Nyman lecture. Here is what Jim told me you can expect; “Much of what I cover has to do with the creation of reality, audience programming, compliance techniques, promotion, compliance based hypnosis, and disclaimers. My personal promotional tool that might be called the opposite of a disclaimer, The integration of light presentations into a mentalism show and the concept of presentation/scripting/backstory being a large part the method and also the value of being a presenter opposed to being the exhibit.”
Whew! That’s it… I can’t add one more event or presenter to what promises to be an incredible mentalism convention.
There is still time to book a flight to Las Vegas… rooms at the hotel start as low as $39 a night… so what are you waiting for? You can register on line at MINDvention. See ya in Las Vegas.

PS We still have room for a few more acts for the two attendee shows…

Sunday 8th

Noon Registration Opens

1:00 Attendee Show

2:15 Panel Discussion
Creating and Presenting a Mentalism Show

3:30 Devin Knight/Berk Eraty Lectures

6:30 Dinner Break

8:33 Christopher Carter Show (75 min)

10:00 Joe Atmore on Phenomenon

Monday 9th

11:00 AM Panel Discussion
Lessons I’ve Learned as a Mind-Reader

12:30 Lunch/Dealers

2:00 Alain Nu Lecture

4:30 Larry Becker Interview

6:00 Dinner Break/Dealers

10:00 Jim Callahan- Mentalism Tools & Techniques

Tuesday 10th

11:00 AM Attendee Show

2:00 Bob Cassidy Lecture

4:30 Max Maven Lecture

6:30 Dinner Break

8:30 All Star Show

Gino M.
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Gino M.
I promise that this is the last schedule update (barring a return from beyond from Dunninger or Annemann!)...

Danny
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
I think one of the better parts of the whole convention is knowing that Danny will be there to enjoy it too.

Welcome back Danny. Stay well.

Gerry
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn
Gino M.
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Gino M.
Thanks Gerry,

I appreciate all the good wishes I have received from the community...

I am really looking forward to this MINDvention...

see you all in Las Vegas!

Danny
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
It looks like I'm going to make it! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

~jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Gino M.
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Gino M.
Glad to hear that Jamie... Banachek will be making the scene as well...

for the Tuesday attendee show, it will be all acts from overseas... so far Canada, UK, Sweden, Findland and India...

Danny Archer
Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
Once again, I will be there!
Directly from Colombia (South America).

What is required to be part of the Attendees show?
The Jack
View Profile
V.I.P.
228 Posts

Profile of The Jack
And from Argentina I ll be there too!
RickThibau
View Profile
Loyal user
Brazil
253 Posts

Profile of RickThibau
(From Brazil...! No... not yet.. Sad.)
Gino M.
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Gino M.
The Monday panel discussion is now set... Lessons I've Learned as a Mind-Reader...
speakers; Banachek, Carter, Cassidy and Nyman...

we will have a box available on Sunday for you to jot down your questions for the panel...

Danny
Paul Draper
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, Nevada
246 Posts

Profile of Paul Draper
I will be interviewing Larry Becker at this years Mindvention. Please send me some of your favorite Larry stories, questions and effects.

paul@mentalmysteries.com
Gino M.
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Gino M.
I know I said the last update was the last update, but I was wrong... this is the last update (I hope)… Circumstances beyond their control have forced Joe Atmore (he has to leave the country) and Berk Eratay (he can’t get into the country) to miss presenting at MINDvention. They will both be missed and we hope they will be able to return to a future convention.

Both attendee shows are fully booked, thanks to all those who have agreed to share their talents.

Thanks to eagle-eyed Eric Samuel… he posted on the Café “The Palace Station has just cut room rates for Nov 8-11. If you are already booked, you may be able to save some fairly significant $$$, and/or upgrade to their better rooms at the same price, by re-booking (even through a 3rd party site) If you call Palace Station directly, use code PZZ194, or if you book on-line, the lower rates should simply show, without the need for the code”.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

I have adjusted the schedule as below. I am not saying this is the final schedule as my predictive abilities are not what they once were. Keep reading after the schedule as there are also a few other late announcements. Travel well and I am looking forward to seeing you all in about ten days.

Peace,

Danny Archer

PS GO PHILLIES!

Sunday 8th

Noon Registration Opens

1:00 Attendee Show

2:15 Panel Discussion Out of Your Mind

Creating and Presenting a Mentalism Show

4:30 Jim Callahan- Mentalism Tools & Techniques

6:00 Dinner Break

7:30 Alain Nu Lecture

9:30 Christopher Carter Show

Monday 9th

11:00 AM Devin Knight Lecture

2:00 Larry Becker Interview

4:00 Panel Discussion Lessons Learned as a Mind- Reader Banachek, Nyman, Carter & Cassidy

6:00 Dinner Break/Dealers

Tuesday 10th

11:00 AM Bob Cassidy Lecture

2:00 International Attendee Show

4:00 Max Maven Lecture

6:00 Dinner Break

8:00 Masters of Mentalism Show

We have a great dealers room jam packed with the latest books, props and gimmicks… Please support these guys who work hard to make you look amazing…

2009 MINDvention Dealer Room Schedule

Sunday 8th

Noon – 4:30 PM

6:00 PM – 9:00 PM

Monday 9th

12:30 AM - 4:00 PM

5:30 PM – 9:30 PM

Tuesday 10th

12:30 AM - 4:00 PM

6:00 PM - 8:00 PM After the show??

Schedule subject to change

==========================================

From Luke Jermay;

I will be offering buy one get one free tickets to my mentalism show in Las Vegas to all MINDvention registrants. There will be flyers at registration with all the needed info.

http://www.harrahs.com/osheas/entertainment.html

=====================================================

From Kevin Burke;

Anyone who's coming to Las Vegas for Mindvention is welcome to attend my show at Fitzgerald's as my guest. It's at 9:13pm nightly, but I'll be dark on the 9th. (Hey, I wanna see the Nyman lecture too, y'know!) Just come up to the showroom and tell whoever is at the door that I invited you. http://www.fitzgeraldslasvegas.com/vegas/entertainment.aspx

=======================================================

Info below from Jeff McBride about the Master Class for Mentalists

Dive deeper into the mysteries of the mind.... by adding this special event to your MindVention experience. Immediately following the MindVention, on November 11, 12 and 13....the adventure continues! Mindvention attendees can get $100 off the tuition by showing your Mindvention registration badge!

WHO?

The McBride Magic & Mystery School is hosting Eugene Burger, with special guest Ross Johnson and the Mystery School Magi, for a 3 day

A Special Master Class for Mentalists.

WHAT? In response to many requests, we are happy to present our fourth Master Class aimed exclusively at mentalists. Jeff McBride's Master Class is the premier program in contemporary magic where YOU and your performance take center stage in a safe and supportive setting.

At this Special Master Class all of the performances and all of the talks and breakout sessions will be on the subject of MENTALISM. Eugene and Jeff will share their thoughts on Mentalism for Magicians. And our Special Guest for the Class will be ROSS JOHNSON, perhaps the most successful corporate mentalist in the United States.

This is RARE appearance for Ross because he does not write books and rarely speaks to groups of mentalists. We are thrilled to be able to spend several days with him finding out what has made him so successful.

WATCH THE VIDEO! http://www.magicalwisdom.com/events/view/405

WHEN? November 11, 12 ,13 2009

For a complete schedule go to: http://www.magicalwisdom.com/events/view/406

WHERE? The McBride House of Mystery. Directions will be given to you when you register. We are 5 mins from the strip, and 3 mins from the airport!

The McBride Master Class is limited to a small group of students. Although there is no pressure to perform, many students choose to present their act (or a magical piece they are working on) for one-on-one direction from Jeff and Eugene who are both committed to helping you attain new levels of excellence with your performance of mentalism.

All the information is online:

http://www.magicalwisdom.com/events/view/405

MENTAL STIMULUS PACKAGE

Mindvention attendees can get $100 off the tuition by showing your Mindvention registration badge!

ONLY FOUR SPACES LEFT

If you have any other questions, call Abbi McBride, 702-450-0021
Gino M.
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Gino M.
Callahan and Knight have traded places...
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
Hello,

For those who are seriously interested, I am also holding my annual STM metal bending workshop (see ad at http://www.shopofsecrets.com) ONE DAY PRIOR to Mindvention. Because of complications of schedule and extreme busy-ness, I was not able to promote this event as normally I do (until this post). So here's what's happening:

THIS COMING SATURDAY NOV 7: I'm holding an EIGHT HOUR HANDS-ON WORKSHOP on all-original metal bending techniques, philosophies THIS SATURDAY, NOV 6th. 10am to 6pm at Palace Station.

Like I said, I did not promote this as normally I would, and for that reasson my class this year is EXCEPTIONALLY SMALL. This is EXCELLENT for my current attendees who have so far signed up, as I will be dedicating all of these eight hours to them this year.

But even with a few more names added to this class, I would still have a very small workshop, and so I'm making LAST CALL for serious participants since there is still plenty of room (and cutlery) to bend!

Fee for this class is $1500. But the continued teaching that you get from this course is meant to last you a lifetime, however. Past students are encouraged to re-attend this class for FREE on following years and stay in touch with me to continue with their own evolution of the work.

In fact, if you have taken this course already, you are invited to re-attend this year for FREE!!! Email me at alainnu@gmail.com if you need any more info about signing up.

It's old school, but imo, that's how the work stays fresh. Thank you all for your support and kind attention.

Alain Nu
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2009-11-02 11:40, Gino M. wrote:
Callahan and Knight have traded places...

Isn't Callahan the first Paranormalist or non-mentalist to lecture at Mindvention?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1943 Posts

Profile of Lior
Looks like I will come on the 8th to mindvention

See you all there.

Lior
New shop: 1A magic
You can buy the selfie card trick.
The Zoom project
Talk To The Screen
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17862 Posts

Profile of Slim King
This is going to be FANTASTIC !!! I'll be "Lecturing" in JACK'S bar Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » MINDvention Update and Schedule (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL