The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Snap change query (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Denton
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Tom Denton
Hi, I've got a question about the Marlo-style snap change. I've got a trick where I use the move to split a four into the four aces. I can't imagine that I'm the first person to think of changing a single card into multiple cards, so I was wondering if anyone knows who should be credited with this technique.
Rói Heinason
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Rói Heinason
One that jumps to mind is the Buck twins. Called subdivision if I remember correctly. You can see it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1GElWV6v0c at about the 3 minute mark.
Tom Denton
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Tom Denton
Thanks, but that's not quite what I'm after. For one thing, I know that people have been doing "multiple snap changes" before this trick came out. The other thing is that their move uses two hands, whereas the one I'm on about is all in one hand in the classic Marlo fashion, whereby a four held at the fingertips instantly changes into a fan of four aces.
Rói Heinason
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Rói Heinason
Oh I'm sorry I completely misunderstood you. I'll go into my library to see what I can dig up. I'll get back asap
Mark Richardson
View Profile
New user
Oakland California
37 Posts

Profile of Mark Richardson
Paul Harris published a card splitting routine in his book Super Magic entitled Las Vegas Split back in 1977. The concept could be older but that’s where I saw it first.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
For years, Bebel has a routine (which he published in the French Magic Magazine called Arcane) where he seemingly places a (clearly single) 4 on to the table and upon turning it over, it changes into four aces and the hands are visibly empty.

Also the French Duraty (an unknown genius) who published many extremely good books (every time with new original effects) made a strolling version in one of his recent books.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Snap change query (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL