The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Thin/Slim Coin box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1677 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Hi,
At one time there was a coin box on the market that was really thin and only held one coin. All my searches have turned up nothing. Anyone out there remember this, or where I can find one?

Thanks!

Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3432 Posts

Profile of Julie
Viking makes (made?) a one coin quarter-size boston box and a matching Okito box.

It was called the QuartOkito box.

Julie
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
From the early 80's I have a Russ Burn's One Coin Okito Box which holds one half-dollar size coin. I bought it at Micky Hade's in Seattle which unfortunately is gone now.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1677 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Julie, Mitch Thanks!, I found the QuartOkito box, no luck on the Russ Burn's box. The one I'm in search of was for a single half dollar. I remember seeing this and thinking, it was a waste to have all that time making a box that only holds one coin. Well now I've found use for it. But sadly can't seem to locate one. Smile
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Dude, it is possible to put just one coin into your regular Okito box, ya know.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1677 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Quote:
On 2009-09-25 17:13, Curtis Kam wrote:
Dude, it is possible to put just one coin into your regular Okito box, ya know.

holy crap you're right!...lol Smile

but, seriously I need the thin box for a different reason other than the fact it can hold one coin.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3432 Posts

Profile of Julie
A long time ago Paul Diamond sold a thin half dollar size Okito Box. Perhaps someone has one they want to sell or Paul might have one on-hand...?

Julie
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1677 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Julie Thanks again!
CDKconjurations
View Profile
New user
Knoxville, TN
34 Posts

Profile of CDKconjurations
RonJo makes a slim okito box in quarter, half dollar, and Ike dollar sizes. I have them in all three sizes, and just bought a second on in half dollar size. They are billed as holding two coins, but in actuality, they will hold three. If using something like Barber halves or English pennies, they will actually hold four. The boxes are slimmed down significantly though - probably about half the depth of a "full sized" box. Love mine. Hope that helps, even though I'm answering an eleven year old question. Haha
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3432 Posts

Profile of Julie
A long time ago someone put out a very good routine, including the appropriate apparatus; a half dollar was placed into a small Okito Box and the Okito Box was placed into a small wooden box. At this point the performer's hands are verifiably empty.

When the wooden box was opened and the Okito Box opened, the coin had vanished only to reappear in a nest of boxes, etc. Performer's hands are still empty. This was superb routining and easy to accomplish.

I think the trick was called LIPPINKITO. The instruction video (VHS!) featured none other than the very talented John Mendoza. R.I.P.

Perhaps a collector will be able to share additional information and/or want to sell this item...

Julie
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5339 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
There's always "Bob's Box" by Bob Swadling.

https://www.jbtvusa.com/p/latest-j-b-pro......rk-mason

Jim
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27123 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
For some reason this reminds me of something from the mentalist section of the catalog. A trick where you can tell if the coin is heads or tails.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8964 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2021, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
For some reason this reminds me of something from the mentalist section of the catalog. A trick where you can tell if the coin is heads or tails.

Yes, that little brass box can be used as an Okito box but tight for a one hand move.

It is not weighted for flip on the drop though.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Thin/Slim Coin box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL