The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Magicians Dream -- Any good? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

juggernaut187
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of juggernaut187
I came across this and can't find any review on it. Anybody got one? Is it practical?

http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......r=TA4492
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Sounds like some sort of a pull to me...especailly if Rocco says it's good!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
juggernaut187
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of juggernaut187
Yeah, but I sure am curious to see what kind of pull I can use in a bathing suit.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9085 Posts

Profile of funsway
With me in a bathing suit you might avert your eyes and I could vanish a Buick.

I'd be interested in a review of this though
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
Quote:
On 2009-09-25 07:54, funsway wrote:

I spit coffee on my computer screen from this one. LOL
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
juggernaut187
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of juggernaut187
Quote:
On 2009-09-25 07:54, funsway wrote:

I'd be interested in a review of this though

Right. My paleness would blind the audience.
Ronnie Ramin
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Ronnie Ramin
Fred Baumann had some great tricks with it in a book called Odyssey of Coin Sleights (rare)
juggernaut187
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of juggernaut187
I went ahead and bought one today. I'll post a review after I play with it. I promise, no photos of me in a swimsuit. Unless there are requests of course...
MarkR
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of MarkR
No pull guys. Tannen's sold this for years (very poor quality). Think Anders Moden . He sold an item for around $75 that was essentially a body servante and a much more sophisticated version of the Magician's Dream.

As already mentioned Fred Bauman at Tannen's was a master at this device. It is less than practical and while it can be done in a bathing suit, generally it will be noticeable to spectators unless you have a specific body type.
Markr
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
967 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Juggernaut187,

Next time you have a question about an item at the Magic Warehouse, give them a call. Howard, the owner, has helped me out on numerous questions. That's one of many reasons why I shop there.
juggernaut187
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of juggernaut187
Yeah, after having bought this and playing around with it I have to say it's not very practical at all for closeup work, or my body type. I agree with MarkR -- you could wear it with a bathing suit, but you'd probably get kicked out of a public pool and have to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life with how far this thing sticks out. It's not even modifiable (that a word?) or adaptable to your body, either. I attached it to my close up pad so it hangs off the table for stand up lapping and it's okay for that...but by no means great.

I can see potential for it in a platform situation, but not really stage as any items you want to vanish would have to be too small to see. Also retrieving items can be a little tricky.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Magicians Dream -- Any good? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL