The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The Expert at The Card Table - Erdnase (HD) Trailer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sternmagic
View Profile
New user
Hollywood, CA
4 Posts

Profile of Sternmagic
Here is a video I filmed/edited/performed in for a contest that I won in. The objective was to create a trailer for Expert at The Card Table. I made a more upbeat video but still retaining the mysteriousness and style of the era. I do hope you enjoy, I put everything into this

On Vimeo in HD (BETTER QUALITY)

And on Youtube in HD
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
That turned out GREAT! The internet turns out 99% rubbish but it's worth sifting through it to be able to enjoy something wonderful now and then. I am very impressed with your work and hope that you are able to make a living using that creativity that you are obviously blessed with.

A little note on the video; magic seems to have gotten a lot more flashy, shocking and 'in your face' lately, not that it's a bad thing. The style you chose in your video is so fitting to the classic work that it not only compliments the subject but your slights as well. Every detail in the video was well thought out and executed which any good student of magic realizes is the point of the book.

Bravo!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Nicely done all around.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Great job man, I enjoyed that a lot, glad to see you won, you definately earned it.
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
That was wonderful!!! Thank you for sharing. Top Notch stuff.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
commando450
View Profile
New user
Kansas
11 Posts

Profile of commando450
Awesome work! Loved the card handling and the videography. I'm not surprised you won; I got a little click happy and watched the vid before I read your post. I thought I was watching an ad for a new Erdnase DVD! I hope you share any future projects with us also...

James
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
That was great. I enjoyed watching it. Thanks.
...the magic that creates Memories!
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I'm sold. When will this book become available?
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Dove84
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Dove84
Hey I thought that was very well done. I liked the way you went from the book to the specific sleights.
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
That was great. Ever consider shooting a magic video for an old fat guy who does cups and balls?

Seriously, the trailer rocked. You stayed true to the material. Your star had chops. You made the book itself an important focus/out of focus point.

Thanks for filming that so well and congratulations on winning the contest! I read some carping comments on youtube. They're bananaheads who didn't understand Erdnase, couldn't palm their *** with both hands and generally draw a vacuum.

You sir, have made my day. Thank you!

KG
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Beautifully done man!
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Inspiring work. Congratulations!
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
Awesome!
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Michael, your video is wonderful. You captured the spirit of the book by your attention to detail.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Very nice and professional.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The Expert at The Card Table - Erdnase (HD) Trailer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL