The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Good effects for handing out business cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17042 Posts

Profile of joseph
Nate's Voodoo Card from Kranzo's dvd.. Visual Voodoo ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
MatthewH
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MatthewH
Also RPS Entity from Entity which is a Rock Paper Scissors routine can be done using 3 of your cards with the words Rock Paper Scissors written on them. Nice!
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Here's something I used to do that sounded like a good idea at the time, but then I had second thoughts . . .

I used to do the "No" gag as a lead in to 8-card brainwave. I would write the prediction on the back of my business card. The gag got a great laugh. The brainwave got a great reaction and everyone liked me.

It didn't occur to me until I had been doing this at a couple of events that I was handing out tons of my business cards with a large note on the back saying "NO"

I don't know if I lost much business from this, but it is certainly not the way I want to be remembered.

Thanks,
Richard
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I wrap my Gypsy Thread around my Business Cards. I cut tiny notches to hold the thread.

I know it doesn't look as good as carrying it on a spool but I can carry several in a card wallet and It gets my Card out there. I believe enough people have seen the sewing kits from a hotel that the look is acceptable.

Some people want to keep the thread so I wrap it around my card and give it to them (my partner Tom Allen's idea).

-Mary Mowder
tomdom
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of tomdom
I use a prediction plotline which makes use of the prophecy move...goes down a storm! Also use Sankeys 'merger' when handing out two business cards at the same time - works well for couples at a table!

TomDom
A Birthday Magician
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of A Birthday Magician
Out to lunch is great...every show, every close up performance I use it...everyone gets a card....and they do keep it.I make it personalised by getting two friends or whatever to sign the card...just got a booking from a girl who has used the card for a bookmark for 2 years...i often get told "hey we still have your card" and "hey do the trick where they sign the card"...out to lunch...love it!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
In addition to my Assertive Positive Negative, I do an eight-card brainwave with business cards (the routine I mentioned above from my eBook, Guinn Gone Mental). I also do Out to Lunch routines. Virtually any prediction effect goes on the business card. I've done matrix routines with quarters and biz cards. I've done T&R card with business cards--having the spec sign the back.

With a little thought, a plethora of card effects can be easily translated to biz cards.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Good effects for handing out business cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL