The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » PK ring is fragile?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1606 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Any information on the magnet ring with the magnet embedded on the bottom of ring with a black stone on top.
TrickyRicky
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
You know mine is from supermagnetman and has been dropped and broken twice with only one piece broken off. But, since it is a magnet, it fits back together nicely with no problem and I have been using it ever since.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On 2009-10-06 06:01, TrickyRicky wrote:
Any information on the magnet ring with the magnet embedded on the bottom of ring with a black stone on top.
TrickyRicky

That would be Dave Harlin's (not to be confused with Dan Harlan) Omega Ring. Very durable.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Mülheim an der Ruhr / Germany
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Guys I was checking out the superman site you were all talking about. Where can I find a pk ring there? If I search for n50 I only find tons of small magnets which are placed onto a coin...What exactly did you order there? I want to perfrom Prohibition too, but not with a single magnet, but rather with a ring. I am 1 inch away of ordering a Wizards pk ring from Penguin magic. Though I am not sure which one so far. They have a flat band, a slightly thicker and stronger one, and the generation 2 Rings, which are not flat anyore and look more like a wedding band. Since I am not a ring wielder in general, I don't know which one will be looking best...flat, slightly thicker than flat or rounded wedding band...

Or maybe I go for the n50 thing you mentioned?

Hope to get help quickly Smile
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1073 Posts

Profile of Nash
Don't give up, don't EVER give up.

NashFung.com/virtual-magic-show
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Man that was quick help! Awsome! Thank you very much!

And this ring is highly recommended here yes? It is better than a normal wizards pk ring? Can you tell whats better about it? I hope it is not only the power, since I don't plan pulling forks fromt he table's end to my hand by accident or deleting credit cards!

edit: important thing I forgot: I don't know my size in english. I went to a ring shop here in germany today and I need a ring with approx. 18,5 mm , it is size 57-58 here in Germany. What ring size in the States have around 18,5 mm?

edit2: found it I think. 18,5mm should be ring size 8 1/2 if I am not mistaken!

edit3: oh good lord. I just found out the shipping cost for a 15 dollar ring from superman, costs 13 dollar to Germany -.- almost doubling the price. that's not cool. I was expecting something like $5. But if you guys telling me, that this is the ring to go, I will listen to you Smile

edit4: I just read, that the superman's magnets are a bit bulky. Is it true? I have very skinny fingers with big windows. So maybe I am better with a flat band wizards pk ring? Or is it not that bulky so it wont stand out that much on a skinny ring finger?
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
http://www.supermagnetman.net/index.php?......d241f892

This is one of the rings that I've used without complaint and it's 1/2 the price. It's also less bulky and looks exactly like a wedding band.

peace, charlie
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2009-10-22 14:33, Charlie Justice wrote:

This is one of the rings that I've used without complaint and it's 1/2 the price. It's also less bulky and looks exactly like a wedding band.

peace, charlie

Hi Charlie! Thank you very much for the link! I will get one of them! Cannot wait to practise your Prohibition! And they are even available in half sizes! Awsome!
A small question on that,: I guess you used the ring for Prohibition already, so it has enough power, right? But what about stopping watches? Does it has enough power for that too?
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Quote:
On 2009-10-23 03:59, Memory-Jah wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-10-22 14:33, Charlie Justice wrote:

peace, charlie

Hi Charlie! Thank you very much for the link! I will get one of them! Cannot wait to practise your Prohibition! And they are even available in half sizes! Awsome!
A small question on that,: I guess you used the ring for Prohibition already, so it has enough power, right? But what about stopping watches? Does it has enough power for that too?

I don't don't perform that type of magic so I can't speak with any degree of experience as to the strength of the ring as it relates to moving things or if it will stop most watches...but it just now stopped the second hand on my watch.

BTW, If you buy 2 or more you get a discount, so buy 2 order one of them 1/2 size larger than your normal size. Weather and diet tend to make your finger size fluctuate a bit.

peace, charlie
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Thank you very much!
Dave Devin
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Dave Devin
Tricky Ricky......The ring with the black stone is the OMEGA RING. Put out in gold.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1606 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Thanks Devin.
Any suppliers information would be appreciated.
Ricky
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » PK ring is fragile?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL