The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » In your Pocket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LoyaLover
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of LoyaLover
Don't mean to make this sound like a riddle, but..

Whats something,..

you can keep into your coin pouch that's the size of a scented bag,

That's probably small like a coin,

But plays big like magic...

Basically, whats your packet trick?

So far I've read up on many who bring around stargazers, rubberbands, spongeball/rabbits,thumbtips, thimbles and some mentioned Holey Moley as well. So don't have to bring these up already.

A friend of mine got a paddle that really plays big. It can change up to 4 faces, and I THINK it was examinable in the end.

I am looking for a nice paddle like that. Something SMALL and sleek. I never found the hot rod attractive partly because the selection just isn't clean enough.

For myself this is what I use to bring around:

1) Ring and Chain

Yes kids magic, but I found one that packs SUPER small, and I worked with this quite a bit. Basically I'd show that it'd hang on when I let it go. Then I ask the audience which do they want to hold on to (string or ring). Either way, I'd make the ring get hook on "in their hands". I usually teach them how it works after if they were worth it.

P.S. Always felt that sharing simple tricks is a good practice. Pardon me if you don't feel the same way.

2) Dynamic coins (Kids magic? Maybe)

One of the best thing tenyo came up with I guess? I manage to find one super small version that's the size of around 2cm in diameter. Packs real small, and looks really quite interesting.

-

I've been considering to try out the devil's hanky. But I never found one that isn't as HUGE just for vanishing a small object.

Any the case, I hope its alright that we share a thing or two! Do include a video if its no hassle!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
'Hopping Half'
'Haunted Key'
'Swami' writer.
'Dreamweaver' safety pins.

There's an old post about using an Altoids tin to carry props in.
You should get some ideas from this:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=52
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
I carry a rock that I found a rock on the beach one day. It has very magical properties. I carry it in a small coin purse.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9000 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On 2009-09-27 11:03, Mediocre the Great wrote:
I carry a rock that I found a rock on the beach one day. It has very magical properties. I carry it in a small coin purse.

with a black pebble and a white one, with a matching one for either squirrled away you can create an effect on the fly to match any story or situation. Having two stones chnage places in the spectator's hands has an appeal that even coins can't match.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at Lybrary.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1140 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
LoyaLover ...
go to the website Scam School ...
I always carry the SCISSORS, PAPER, STONE routine ... fantastic

have fun!!
Wulfie
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1311 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Hi there love your post your looking for something but not sure what. But you also seem to know what you don't want so please let us know what your final result is when it happens.

You mentioned about paddle trick check these guys out.
http://www.wolfsmagic.com/Paddle_Craft_Products.htm

Something that plays really big and packs small but not smaller enough to fit a a small purse is rope for fibre optics or a set for coat escape.

Coin in botttle is somthing that can play big.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
LoyaLover
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of LoyaLover
Thanks for all your reply. Shall take the time out to look at each effect mentioned!
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
The Wonderland Dollar. Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10764 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Dice,,, , and Davids gaffed card for Quaterly Returns
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
642 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
I always carry "Jumping Gems" (it's a $15.00 killer) I have always carried. I can count on it and have for 25 plus years.
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
684 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
PK Kit inside the card box with match and nail.
with PK kit in my pocket, I can do many routine like stop the spectator watch and rising nail/match.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » In your Pocket (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL