The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Apollo Robbins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
About a year ago a young magician performed for my family, myself, and others in the waiting lobby of Caesar's Magical Empire in Las Vegas. This man picked me as the lucky volunteer and blew me away, and at the end of his performance he revealed that my watch was on his wrist and he pick-pocketed me dry.

After reading about Apollo Robbins because I am going to see him lecture soon, it had been said that he worked at Caesar's and was one of the world's best pick-pockets. So, he was the guy that performed for me last year! I thought that was pretty neat.

Andrew Smile Smile
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Jeffrey Cowan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
130 Posts

Profile of Jeffrey Cowan
For those who have not seen him, Apollo is superb— and applies a study of body language like I've never seen to pickpocket work. Smooth as silk... as is his coin work. I'd catch him now while he's on a lecture tour.
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Is he touring the east coast at all?

Smile
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Boy am I glad I landed a spot at one of the lectures.

Andrew Smile
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
mjb16
View Profile
Loyal user
Ossining, New York
208 Posts

Profile of mjb16
He is touring the east coast. I saw him and Shoot Ogawa last week in Long Island. I think they have left the east coast for now though. I would have to say one of the best lectures I have seen. Andrew you are in for a real treat! Their work on the Wilson palm is amazing. For a coin guy like yourself you will definitely enjoy it!!

Cheers!
GuySavoie
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa, FL
242 Posts

Profile of GuySavoie
I believe Apollo and Shoot are done with their east coast leg of the tour. (That's the info as I recall it; I saw them on Tuesday in Wallingford, CT.)

Their combined talent and energy made for a great lecture.

--- Guy
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
What's the Wilson palm? Never heard of it.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
I heard Apollo Robins pick pocketed Prince Charles or something, or am I wrong?
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2004-11-10 19:24, Harwin wrote:
I heard Apollo Robins pick pocketed Prince Charles or something, or am I wrong?

You might be thinking of the time he worked for ex-President Carter and he ended up pickpocketing the secret service.
He actually now is on record for having done that.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
He didn't get in trouble for that did he?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The best old timer was Borra. He used to pick the pockets of people entering the circuses he worked at. He would then put all the stuff at "lost and found" until his act.

That way if someone discovered something missing he would find it at the lost and found.

If not, he'd get it back during Borra's act.

He wore a disguise.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2004-11-11 01:41, Brian Proctor wrote:
He didn't get in trouble for that did he?

No, it was actually pretty funny from what I heard. Apparently, he was brought over to some of the secret service and they warned him about his style of entertainment. As he left he walked towards and area that was restricted. One of the men called over and told him he couldn't go there so he said something like, "You mean this won't get me in?" and he pulled out some of the important papers & badges he stole from them.
They were startled, but got over it and then had him steal stuff from the other guys so they could watch the expression on the other guys' faces.
After they joke the said something about it being cool, but they had to write him up as being a little dangerous.
No laws were broken, but he now has a cool tale to tell.

Greg
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Haha

Greg, I remember you telling me that when I was down at the shop. Jeff told me about it also. Jeff said Apollo is now on file with the Secret Service for being dangerous.

Chris
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2004-11-11 03:40, Chris Berry wrote:
Haha

Greg, I remember you telling me that when I was down at the shop. Jeff told me about it also. Jeff said Apollo is now on file with the Secret Service for being dangerous.

Chris

I believe that's the official statement on record... that he's dangerous. Pretty cool.
Greg
sweetypie2019
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
2 Posts

Profile of sweetypie2019
Apollo and Shoot just performed at the Atlanta Harvest and were wonderful. Two of the brightest and nicest guys I've met.
"Live as though heaven is on earth. Work as though you don't need the money. Sing as though no one can hear. Dance as though no one is watching. Love as though you've never been hurt. Dream as though all wishes come true."
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Apollo stole the show on the mondo magic thing. Contrats Apollo!
...to all the coins I've dropped here
CardiniMan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
169 Posts

Profile of CardiniMan
Apollo has everything going for him. That's one guy who's got a chance at breaking into the household name world.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Glenn my man... you booked him for WMS yet?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
stevie1
View Profile
Regular user
perth,australia
180 Posts

Profile of stevie1
Thanks for elaborating on the secret service story Greg..pretty *** funny
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
My wife and I were able to meet and spend a bit of time with Apollo Robbins at the Harvest of Magic in Atlanta. He is a very smooth worker and a good guy too. The best part of seeing Apollo work was when people knew they were going to be picked, yet they would still be completely floored when Apollo would reveal the items. Very smooth indeed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Apollo Robbins (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL