The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Selling yourself to managment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

McAllisterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of McAllisterMagic
Hello everyone,

I was just curious to hear some advice on selling yourself to managment. Which method works the best, cold calling or meeting them in person etc.

I'm new to this venue and any advice on how to convince managment to hire me
would be wonderful.

Cheers
Francis McAllister
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Asking the right questions and listening is the key to developing trust. And turst is the key to making a sale. Being likeable is important also.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
There are few good substitutes for meeting in person. Being introduced by a mutual contact is usually even stronger.

Remember, management is interested in solving their problems, not yours. Knowing the problem and bring them the solution puts you on the same team. This is not a contest! It is still their decision and they don't work for you.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Quote:
On 2009-11-04 19:50, Bob Sanders wrote:

Remember, management is interested in solving their problems, not yours. Knowing the problem and bring them the solution puts you on the same team...

Excactly Right!

Remember your potential clients favorite radio station is WIIFM - "What's In It For Me" That's why we ask questions - you need to find out what the client's problem are and what is interesting to them. Only then can you say something they will be interested in.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
TheWhiteye
View Profile
New user
Chicago
29 Posts

Profile of TheWhiteye
You could take the Joel Bauer Approach: Talk fast and bring up answers to their questions before they can ask them, all while you're doing fast paced, intrusive magic to apparently deflate their personal bubble.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
No technique is absolute. Study various techniques (just like in performing magic) and learn to adapt to their situation/changing moods.

The most important thing though is to never promise anything you can't deliver consistently over a long period of time...i.e. making them money. You'll lose eventually.
imDavidQ
View Profile
New user
San Diego, Long Beach Mystics Alumnus
27 Posts

Profile of imDavidQ
Michael Webber gave a seminar years ago in which he addressed this subject specifically. His advice was to go to the restaurant with a guest, and have dinner. After dinner, ask your server to see the manager. Your server will ask if there is something wrong. Assure them there is not. When the manager arrives, he'll expect a problem, but will be relieved to find none. Introduce yourself, of course, and ask I'm hif there were something that would create new business, more repeat business, make the patrons waiting time for their orders more enjoyable, and was very cost effective, would he/she be interested in finding out more about it. When he says of course, get his card. He'll want to know more, mums the word. Tell him you'd rather discuss it with him when he has more time. Tell him you'll call for an appointment. Do so. Show up. Blow him away.
imDavidQ
View Profile
New user
San Diego, Long Beach Mystics Alumnus
27 Posts

Profile of imDavidQ
My post was intended for someone who was looking for work at a restaurant that is already busy. Bill Nuvo's advice is spot on.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Selling yourself to managment (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL