The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Hi fellow FCMers: I thought I would share a non-magic resource that has certainly inspired me to do a better job with "Gospel magic." If you need motivation to practice, or help you get your personal priorities together, this general "Christian living" book sure helped me. It is saturated with Scripture references. I first saw the book itself at Wal-Mart, then later purchased the book study DVD at Family Christian Stores. See http://www.CrazyLovebook.org or .com, I am not sure which. This book helped me relook at my obsession with amateur magic, Michigan football, and working on other lukewarm "things" that may be OK in themselves but perhaps not what one's life should not be devoted to... May all FCMers have a "Crazy Love"- overwhelmed by a relentless God!

MagicBob, SuZie and myself are attempting to arrange a 2010 missions trip to OM's Logos Hope ship to perform on the new Logos Hope stage- we'll try to let you all know how it works out. Perhaps we can get a future steady stream of FCMers going to the ship? MagicBob and SuZie leave for India later this year for their annual Gospel magic missions trip with Campus Crusade. Brad Brown, Toby Travis, and many others have gone out with this group, a terrific opportunity for FCMers to perform for very large groups of children and adults there. This IS GOSPEL MAGIC!

Have a great day all and Psalm 67! I enjoy reading your posts throughout the week.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Whoops, the correct web site is http://www.crazylovebook.com Roger
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Wow again, I just put "Francis Chan" in the search box at http://www.youtube.com Turns out there is a bunch of his video segments posted there. Pretty neat stuff, not magic tricks of course, but teaching segments used in connection with his widely distributed book.

For the November issue of The Newest TOPS, we are contributing two differing Gospel magic routines using the Mikame mirror frame. Patrick Morley's "The Man in the Mirror" from James and how the Ten Commandments are a "mirror" to show us our sin (see Galatians 3)-but we can't wash off the dirt from our face using the mirror... MagicBob is submitting for the October issue a routine using a very commonly owned magic prop- be sure to check it out!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
OK, ok, the routine MagicBob has submitted for The Newest TOPS in October involves the Vanishing CD. But his fun "CD" information and Scripture references could be used in any routine that involves CDs. So check it out next month if you are looking for an idea how to incorporate the vanishing CD into a Gospel presentation...
jnrussell
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
206 Posts

Profile of jnrussell
"Crazy Love" is the best book on Christian living I have read in 20 years! If you haven't read it, you've gotta get it!
John Russell
Mastering Magician
www.TheMasterMagician.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL