The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best rope, and care. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Big Q
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
49 Posts

Profile of The Big Q
Hi All,

I was wondering about preferred ropes, and what everybody else does to their 'ends'. I like throwing in some of the professor's nightmare/fiber optics stuff, but I'm always having to trim frays...and people seem to be suspicious when I treat the ends...like that is somehow where the trick is concealed! (Although...with my rope through body trick...it is...)

So, what does everyone else use?

Also - I combine some of the fiber optics with Daryl's Acrobatic Knot - I love the 'knitted' rope the comes with that trick...anyone know where I can get 'normal' rope like that?

Tony
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
A little white glue.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3496 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Check out this extensive thread in the Ropes Section of the Café.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=9&98

Walt
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Pete, I wouldn't use white glue - since I wash my white ropes every week with the laundry - keeping them nice and white! super glue is not water solulable.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
The Big Q
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
49 Posts

Profile of The Big Q
Thanks guys! I'll experiment!

Tony
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5763 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I tend to get rope that already had the core removed - tends to be made with a little more body to it. I pinch the end of the rope in some tweezers and push it inside itself. Then, I stitch the end closed with some white thread and knot the thread several times, cutting the ends of the thread close to the knot. If the ropes get dirty, I just wash them with the laundry.

If the rope gets dingy, I'll put it in a plastic tub with some super balls as agitators, then I'll add some Oxy-Clean and water. I shake the tub for a minute and let the rope soak for a half hour. Then, I rinse the rope and hang it to dry.
Foxbiz
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
208 Posts

Profile of Foxbiz
Oscar Munoz put me on to Flexible Fabric Glue.

Dries clear... Does not harden... can be washed.

Lynn Fox
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best rope, and care. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL