We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » What do you think of Card Stunts by Greg Wilson? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

phonic69
View Profile
Special user
561 Posts

Profile of phonic69
The question's in the title really, I just wanted to know what people think of Greg Wilson's Card Stunts.

I have seen some of Greg Wilson's work and have been impressed, but what does this video offer?

Thank you,

Saxon
Smile
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Well, somethings that put up with Geogery Wilson is great.. I love card stunts.It is wonderful and great. Firstly, you will loves this tape like me if you like cards works. Its a great tape to have.

Get his other video too they are great too..

Symmatrix
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
phonic69
View Profile
Special user
561 Posts

Profile of phonic69
Oh I love card work! Is the material suitable for table hopping?

Smile
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
296 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
This tape contains some very strong routines. It is my favorite tape by Greg Wilson by far and I have all his stuff. Solid pasteboard material not geared toward the beginner....some good stuff!
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1775 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
One of my favourite tapes and I have over 300 of them. if you are into visual card magic, get it.
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Quote:
On 2003-06-09 02:34, phonic69 wrote:
Oh I love card work! Is the material suitable for table hopping?

Smile

Well, I can't say that every tricks works for Table Hopping. But some do works fantastic for it.. Too bad that I could not remember which of trick would do that..

Hope that these info will help.

Symmatrix
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
Great stuff, but be warned, hard stuff too!

- Alex
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
ChrisMagic52
View Profile
Loyal user
North Vancouver, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of ChrisMagic52
Card Stunts i OK. I liked Pyro-Technique Pasteboards better.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1358 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I enjoyed watching Card Stunts more, but I use more stuff off pyrotechnic pasteboards.
Sybilmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
275 Posts

Profile of Sybilmagic
Just get it this is seriously good stuff and a fun video to watch. Many magicians like this video (and greg)!!
mr-mystic
View Profile
New user
Exeter, UK
44 Posts

Profile of mr-mystic
I really enjoyed Card Stunts very much, and thought the material was slightly better than Pyrotechnic Pasteboards, though I do recommend both as they contain killer stuff.Greg teaches the material very well, so even the technical stuff is easy to understand. Also unlike a lot of videos we see now, you actually see Greg perform the effects in front of a live audience at the Magic Castle. The performance alone is worth the price of the tape, the fact that the stuff is explained too, makes this a must have for your collection.
Neuromancer
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of Neuromancer
Does anyone know, when this will be released on DVD? Is there a release date?
(don´t like that vhs stuff Smile )
cya

Neuromancer
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1885 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I emailed magicsmith and chris said theres no plan at the moment to put it on dvd... Smile Smile This is my favourite greg wilson video Smile
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Fun to watch. Nothing I would use. Just a matter of taste. I do love Greg's work. Every time I see him he blows me away.

Andrew Smile
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
934 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Card Stunts was for me, the first time I had seen the fusion of card magic and pure entertainment. This is still to my mind, one my favorite videos hands down.

Greg's version of Reset is what made me see the trick as doable in the real world--with direction and patter that makes sense.

G-force is hilarious, and I perform it at tables all the time. That trick (and trick is simplifying the desciption. It's a situational aberration that ends in a way that completely leaves them dumfounded.

I'd part with my copy, but there is one problem: I won't part with my copy. Smile

Cheers,

Ron
guccimagic
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of guccimagic
I love this video, it is not for beginners, unless you want to be very frustrated, I have been working on the boomerang effect for some time and I am still just marginal with this.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
This is a great video. Solid effects but the real value is in the performance segment. You can learn so much from just studying Greg and how he interacts with the audience and 'entertains' instead of just doing card tricks. You get a glimpse into what seperates a good magician from a great performer (Greg being in the latter category).
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
376 Posts

Profile of oagwood
Great video with very solid routines. Most are suitable for table hopping. I have taken a few bits from most of the routines.

One of the best routines on the tape is the Boomerang Card of Death. It is amazing and may take a few months to master but it rocks.
oliver
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
732 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I bought it used from a shop in Memphis Tenn. While I like it,I have other tapes I like better.All in allits not a bad tape. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » What do you think of Card Stunts by Greg Wilson? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL