The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Mirror Trick - An Original Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

huruey
View Profile
Loyal user
York, UK
205 Posts

Profile of huruey
Hi guys. I'm currently writing up and bringing together some of my own effects, routines, and sleights, some of which I intend to publish in a booklet after being encouraged to do so by fellow members of the Pentacle Club in Cambridge and other friends. I've made a thread in the much less popular "Let there be magic" section regarding this, here.

For now, though, I'd like to share one of the effects that I would put in such a booklet to see what people think. I am also seeking suggestions and further credits if you think it necessary. So far, all of the magicians I have shown this to believe it is original, though I know there are some incredibly knowledgeable
folk around here that might be able to say otherwise.

The effect is a simply one I came up with just over a year ago as an alternative to Do as I Do using only one deck. I call it the Mirror Trick, as the presentation involves a spectator mirroring your actions, ultimately leading to a mirrored result.

If you are interested in having a look and think you could help, please let me know how you'd like me to send it to you. I currently have it in pdf format.

Thanks.
Joe Williamson
Chair of the University of York Magic Society
Free Memorized Stack Trainer: http://huruey.webs.com
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
2975 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Regarding originality, are you talking about method or presentation? Presentation-wise, the concept of a spectator mirroring the actions of a performer in a Do As I Do trick has been done before. I know of at least one version that I guess could be called "underground". Your method probably differs from his, though.
A screed for scams, sorcery, and other shenanigans... Nu Way Magick Blogge

JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
huruey
View Profile
Loyal user
York, UK
205 Posts

Profile of huruey
Quote:
On 2009-09-28 16:39, Andrew Musgrave wrote:
Regarding originality, are you talking about method or presentation? Presentation-wise, the concept of a spectator mirroring the actions of a performer in a Do As I Do trick has been done before. I know of at least one version that I guess could be called "underground". Your method probably differs from his, though.

Sorry, I meant method.
Joe Williamson
Chair of the University of York Magic Society
Free Memorized Stack Trainer: http://huruey.webs.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Mirror Trick - An Original Effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL