The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ball Holders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
363 Posts

Profile of cataquet
Most ball holders that I have seen were designed for billiard balls. I use much smaller (and lighter) 1" and 1-1/2" balls.

For wool crocheted balls, velcro hooks work really well. For rubber balls, I just use a pin which I stuck to a safety pin. However, I am always on the look out for good holders. Can anyone recommend one (or a design) for small balls?

Bye for now

Harold
Harold Cataquet
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
You've seen what works, now get some thin gauge coathangers and a pair of pliers and custom make what you really need!

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
363 Posts

Profile of cataquet
Actually, what I recently (a few hours ago) discovered that works is (terry) spring clips. They are made for holding tools on the wall, but they work surprisingly well with balls. So, for a 1" ball you get a 1" spring clip and the fit is perfect.

Bye for now

Harold
Harold Cataquet
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
I make ball droppers from coat hangers. Works great.
Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ball Holders (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL