The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Walk around close up for VBS opening. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gocall911
View Profile
Loyal user
Salem, VA
246 Posts

Profile of gocall911
I will have one, maybe two, of these shows next month and I have a lot of effects worked out but I would just like any suggestions on what some other good tricks for this type thing could be. Also there will be lots of older kids there and I was wondering what would be some good ones for them? I want there to be a message in at least 80% of my magic or so and I just don't know what messages to use for the older kids.

Thanks for the help,

Caleb
"Use your head." ~Dai Vernon~
mnmagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of mnmagic
I don't know about a "message" for this effect but one of my favorites for close-up is string thru finger found in the Klutz book of magic. If you are not familiar with it it's very easy and leaves a lot of room for interaction with your "victim".

Is this for your church? I mean, do you know what the VBS theme is? Anything you could do to reinforce the message of the VBS would be great.

Shawn
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
I think you are going to end up doing a stage type show. Those kids will glom onto you very fast. Make sure the tricks you do can be done surrounded.
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
gocall911
View Profile
Loyal user
Salem, VA
246 Posts

Profile of gocall911
Thanks for the tips.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I just made a post in the Camp magic topic and it all applies here too.

Hotrod, ring and rope, sponge balls...

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
589 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
For young children, here's my favorite:
(inspired by Scott Guinn's "Sucker Trick")

• Construct the lollipop gaff as per Scott's effect (dime glued to lollipop under the wrapping).
  • Hiding the "dime side", ask child if they know what "this [i.e., the lollipop] is"
  • Tell them that it is the world's smallest magic wand, for doing the world's smallest magic trick
  • A dime is shown.
  • Show dime on left finger tips. Close the left fist, back-clipping the dime (fist is palm-toward-your-body).
  • Now, using the paddle move in the right hand, tap the left fist with the lollipop three times (implicitly showing "both sides" -- don't over-prove).
  • Open left fist, and the dime is gone.
  • Slowly turn the lollipop over to show that the dime is trapped inside the wrapper. Place sucker onto open left hand.
  • Right fingers now go behind the left fingers, retrieving the dime.
  • Ditching the dime, the right hand now retrieves a "clean" lollipop from an appropriate spot to offer to child.

cheers, Doug
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
Prof Nightmare. There is a great gospel patter for this. My favorite is bad company corrups good character, or we tend to become like those we spend time with. I think it's really important that christian teens learn to have good friends who will encourage them in the right direction.
gocall911
View Profile
Loyal user
Salem, VA
246 Posts

Profile of gocall911
Great ideas!
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Have you seen the trick "Good Kids Bad Kids"? Great card effect with gospel message or as I have used it and anti-gang message too.

It is about becoming like those we hang out with.

I believe it is a Doc Haley Trick.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Walk around close up for VBS opening. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL