The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "OffeRing" by Ron Vergilio (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Just to let you all know that I finally had a few more copies of my effect “OffeRing” printed up. Here is the description…

A length of rope is offered for inspection and a finger ring is borrowed. A spectator is requested to thread the rope through the ring himself and place it on the performer’s outstretched hand, which is then closed into a fist. The spectator is requested to hold one end of the rope in each hand. Then, without any false moves whatsoever, the ring is taken off the rope. A complete penetration of the rope is made in a smooth and clean manner. Naturally, all can be inspected, since nothing else is used except the ring and rope. Also no switches or duplicates are used. This effect can be repeated without fear of detection. This effect can be used alone or a finale to other ring and rope penetrations.

In this routine, the hands never come close to each other. One had does not pass around the other hand for a steal as in most routines. This is clean.

The booklet has 16 color photographs for easy explanation plus a supplement for the ring to vanish instead of a penetration. Great for Richard Sanders Interlace.

The price is $8.00 postpaid. My Paypal account is rvergilio@aol.com

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5420 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I bought this when it first came out in 1976, back when the photos were black and white. Smile Very nice piece of impromptu magic. I'm glad to see it re-released.
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Thanks Magiguy... Yea, those black and white picture were a little dated. LOL

-Ron

MarkR
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of MarkR
Ron - Please forgive me for asking but is there a video clip of this move being performed? I am wondering if I ever saw it utilized in a routine.
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Hi Mark,

No video that I'm aware of. However, I marketed this effect back in the 1970's and many were sold world wide. Back then videos were not "the thing". It was re-released again in the 1990's.

Therefore, I am sure some magicians incorporated it into their routine. I did a routine with three penetrations (one being by Ray Grismer). I used my routine as the final part as it allowed the spectaor to thread the ring was a great closer. So, someone may have added it and filmed it but I'm not aware.

-Ron

pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Ron Vergilio's OffeRing has been one of magic's best kept secrets. I bought Ron's original booklet at one of my early IBM conventions back in the 70s. This is a terrific method for a borrowed finger ring penetrating a rope. It's not difficult to do — just needs timing. But all magic requires timing. If you perform with a finger ring and rope (or lace) then this is definitely worth checking out.

Peter
Alternative Magic
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
I had a session with Doc Eason a few years ago and when he heard my name and mentioned the trick, he smiled and said, "J.C. Wagner used to do that effect and when I first got into magic and wanted to step things up, he gave me several books and yours was one of them". Then he said, "I used to do that trick but don't any more". Guess he went on to bigger and better things. LOL

-Ron

jcroop
View Profile
Special user
748 Posts

Profile of jcroop
I took a "chance" and bought this when I saw the original offering. A little research showed that all comments were extremely positive. It seemed to have a special niche in the ring and string world.

It's only a single phase to be included in your routine. Just as Ron says in the instructions, you will not believe that it will work. But just as he says, it does. Once you understand what to do (which takes about 5 minutes) it is not only an extremely convincing ring off of string, it is intellectually satisfying. You will fool yourself every time you do it.

You could learn this by either reading the detailed text or just looking at the many photos. But it is not until you actually try it that you understand or believe what is happening.

If you do ring and string/rope you will want to find a place to include it in your routine.

Jim
MarkR
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of MarkR
I am an absolute sucker for Ring and string moves (Grismer, fleshman,nelson,Garrett,ouelette, Leveridge,desouza, Samelson). I don't know why I never purchased this.
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
MarkR, perhaps it's because you didn't know it existed. Now you do. LOL

-Ron

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "OffeRing" by Ron Vergilio (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL