The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ring to Baby Shoe (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christian Z.
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
126 Posts

Profile of Christian Z.
Hey all. Well I'm not sure at the moment but I'm in the works of making an effect. It's the borrowed ring and appears tied to the laces of a baby shoe! Anyways it was pretty much like the one done by Copperfield, although this is my own original method. I've been thinking about this effect for awhile and what kind of gimmick can be used for this. I'm in the works on the effect so don't expect too much anytime soon. I just wanted to clue you guys in. Although I wanted to know one thing and that is if I'm allowed to release such a trick since it has the same effect as Copperfield and of course I can get in trouble if I don't know what I'm doing. So just wondering if I'm allowed to release this? Thanks guys and I hope I can bring my idea of the ring to baby shoe. Thanks!
Christian
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
I honestly guess you can.

Since you have more than 50 posts, please post your idea on "triple dare" section.

Thanks
RoyHolidayMagic
View Profile
New user
New York
85 Posts

Profile of RoyHolidayMagic
There is already a trick such as that one on the market. I believe Tannen's Magic in New York sells it.

-Roy Holiday
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Cute trick but what's the justification of having a baby shoe in your pocket and why is the ring ending up there?
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Well, if you walk around with a baby shoe in your pocket, everyone will probably know what trick you're gonna do, so where's the surprise and the astonishment in that?
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Quote:
On 2003-06-10 09:31, ixnay66 wrote:
Cute trick but what's the justification of having a baby shoe in your pocket and why is the ring ending up there?

Because Copperfield did it and he is cool!!!

-erik
PS yes this post is sarcastic.
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
580 Posts

Profile of Nick23
Quote:
On 2003-06-10 10:48, dillib wrote:
Well, if you walk around with a baby shoe in your pocket, everyone will probably know what trick you're gonna do, so where's the surprise and the astonishment in that?

that's a subjective statement. I haven't seen Copperfield perform that trick, and even those that have probably can't remember it anyway.
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
Christian Z.
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
126 Posts

Profile of Christian Z.
Well I guess just through your post it's ok to make this trick. But as for having a baby shoe in your pocket, well you can make a patter for this or you can just put the baby shoe in your jacket pocket and then bring it out and do a patter and do the trick. Well I also check Tannen's Magic for this also. Thanks for the posts you guys.
Christian
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Can you sell it? Legally, yeah, you probably can. Should you? Ethically, the effect wasn't your creation, and you don't have the creator's permission to release it, so in my book, you shouldn't, and I know neither I nor my friends would ever buy anything from somebody who ripped off another creator's effect.
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Christian Z.
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
126 Posts

Profile of Christian Z.
Andy Leviss,
Hey man, in a sense I agree with you with ripping the creator off. But I've seen people ripp off of other creator's effects like the jacket levitation and other ring flights have been copied off each other. There are a lot of different ring flights by different creators and a lot of jacket levitations by different creators. And this ring flight I'm thinking of working on isn't marketed but is my own method and in a way a variant of Kenner's version of this. Well jsut what I think. Thanks for the reply.
Christian
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Hey it would be cool to make a couple dollers, but....
don't put it out.

first of all kenner is not the man behind this effect, it is a great magician named Terry Veckey. i think for the first time on here he should get his respect.

heck i could build these gimmicks and sell them but someone already does in another country and it is not mine, as for money, keep thinking up new creations.
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Quote:
On 2003-06-11 00:29, Christian Z. wrote:
Andy Leviss,
Hey man, in a sense I agree with you with ripping the creator off. But I've seen people ripp off of other creator's effects like the jacket levitation and other ring flights have been copied off each other. There are a lot of different ring flights by different creators and a lot of jacket levitations by different creators. And this ring flight I'm thinking of working on isn't marketed but is my own method and in a way a variant of Kenner's version of this. Well jsut what I think. Thanks for the reply.
Christian

To refer back to the immortal words of almost any parent of a pre-teen or teenager in the world, if every other magician in the world jumped off of a bridge, would you?

The fact that lots of people lack the ethics to prevent them from ripping off the ideas of others doesn't make it any less wrong.

Lots of people commit theft, rape, and cold blooded murder. That doesn't mean that if I do any of those things, I can defend myself by saying, "Hey, it's not just me, all of those guys did it, too!"

You got the idea because you saw somebody else do the effect. You came up with your own method to duplicate the other person's effect without his permission. It doesn't matter if the method is different (and do you even know for sure that it is, as irrelevant as that may be?), you got the effect from somebody else and don't have his permission to release it. If you're an ethical person, you should realize that you would be wrong to release it. In my view, honestly, you'd even be wrong to perform it yourself. Come up with your own original effect, or use an effect from somebody else that they did grant permission to use (either directly or by selling it en masse).
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Christian Z.
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
126 Posts

Profile of Christian Z.
Andy,
Hey thanks for the reply. Well I guess I'll think twice about your words. Maybe I won't release this trick. Although I can just keep teh secret to myself for now. If you want more info about it anyhow PM me. Thanks again.
Christian
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I don't want to light a fire here, but most of the stuff that is out is variations of other peoples routines and ideas. This is what progresses the art, as long as the proper credits are recognized. Mr. Leviss, are you not putting out a new linking bands routine in the near future -- I don't think that is a new idea, perhaps you have added something to the effect or changed the method -- but it is not new!

By the way this would not be the 1st time this effect has hit the market, I don't remember the manufacturer from the previous version but it was put out not long after the Copperfield Special with the effect -- maybe someone out there will remember and add it to this thread.

No offense intended to anyone.
Christian Z.
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
126 Posts

Profile of Christian Z.
Now I'm having some more thought again. Hahah. I want to put this out on the market and like what Robert Sixx said, everything these days isn't really NEW. I should've realized this but a lot of the ring flights made are variants of others, levitations are variants of others, there are variants for pen thru dollar tricks, or torn and restored tricks, I mean when you guys really think about this the variations of other tricks have the same EFFECT but DIFFERENT METHOD. I mean I can truly say that Kenner's method of this trick is way more advanced than mine, there is probably one thing common in both of ours. But besides that I think the method is mine. I'll see how things go and I'll see if I'll realease this trick. See ya'll.
Christian
jhostler
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of jhostler
Why a baby shoe? Why not the performer's own shoelace? Why not a baseball glove? Why not....

Copperfield had very specific performance-oriented reasons for using a baby shoe.

Do you?????
Terry Veckey
View Profile
Regular user
Medford, Or. U.S.A.
140 Posts

Profile of Terry Veckey
My method puts the ring tied to my shoelaces. Chris K. used that and put it on a babyshoe.
I'm an idiot!
-The Lesser Known-
<BR>Terry Veckey
<BR>-"There is no place for laughter in magic." B.Martin-
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2009-02-15 19:09, Terry Veckey wrote:
My method puts the ring tied to my shoelaces. Chris K. used that and put it on a babyshoe.
I'm an idiot!

?

Mike
Terry Veckey
View Profile
Regular user
Medford, Or. U.S.A.
140 Posts

Profile of Terry Veckey
? ?
Terry

Quote:
On 2003-06-11 02:57, DJ Trix wrote:
Hey it would be cool to make a couple dollers, but....
don't put it out.

first of all kenner is not the man behind this effect, it is a great magician named Terry Veckey. I think for the first time on here he should get his respect.

heck I could build these gimmicks and sell them but someone already does in another country and it is not mine, as for money, keep thinking up new creations.

LOL, I just noticed the date.
Oh well, thank you DJ Trix.
-The Lesser Known-
<BR>Terry Veckey
<BR>-"There is no place for laughter in magic." B.Martin-
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I believe it is called

Ring on Baby Shoe! by Tannens.

Hocus Pocus was selling them at a clearance price not too long ago.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ring to Baby Shoe (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL