The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ambitious Card Routine: Daryl's Video or Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Card Miracles Volume 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
j_juge
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of j_juge
Ammar is more general. You'll find more than 10 effects.

But if you want an Ambitious Card routine, I think Daryl is better. It's a video on the Ambitious Card, so you'll find a great routine and many sleights to do this effect.

So:
Ammar => to learn differents effects.
Daryl => only Ambitious Card.
UNREAL
View Profile
New user
Bronx, NY
77 Posts

Profile of UNREAL
Thanks for your input guys. I'll probably be picking up the Ammar video volume two within a week or so. Thanks for the advice.
"There is no spoon."
Cardjinx
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Cardjinx
For flourishes go Tudor, or wait for De'vo's DVDs!! and the superhandz DVDs around the corner. Superhandz is the best IMO for flourishes.

Cardjinx Smile
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
I know Jamy Ian Swiss has a problem with the "Easy to master" tapes because several of those effects take a lot of practice to get down smooth.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Quote:
On 2003-07-16 15:21, zombieboy wrote:
I know Jamy Ian Swiss has a problem with the "Easy to master" tapes because several of those effects take a lot of practice to get down smooth.

True to a certain extent. However, if one was to start with the first volume and then work their way up, they would find the videos start at nearly self-working and build up to more challenging material. It's more a series for teaching the classics of card magic than just the easiest ones. Which is all the better.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
NachoNut
View Profile
New user
Queens, New York
17 Posts

Profile of NachoNut
I'm going to have to go with the majority on this one. As my first video, Daryl's was a great starter for the ambitious card.
Although I do have most of the Ammar videos, they are a good runner up to follow the ambitious card. But definitely get whatever you could.
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Now don't get me wrong. In my humble opinion Daryl is a Card god and a good freind BUT... if this is your first video I would suggest that Ammar's stuff would give you a broader range of effects.
Just my 2 Cents,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
RoyHolidayMagic
View Profile
New user
New York
85 Posts

Profile of RoyHolidayMagic
Quote:
On 2003-07-16 15:21, zombieboy wrote:

Jamy Ian Swiss has a lot of problems.
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
That's not very nice. Have you met him?
Bigmagictrout
View Profile
New user
Quebec, Canada
46 Posts

Profile of Bigmagictrout
Actually, Daryl's ambitious card was one of my first videos, although I have a couple of classic books. I would recommend it, a well done movie. However, like everything, you need some practice!
Take care Smile
theoldfort
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of theoldfort
I would also recomend the Ammar video first, and then if you like the ambitious card routine you can get Darryl's for a more in depth guide.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I would use Ammar's. It's a great routine. Daryl's video doesn't have the classic pop up move. That's what makes this effect worth doing!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
MagicChris, Daryl's video DOES have the pop-up move on it. And no, that move alone does not make the routine worth doing.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ambitious Card Routine: Daryl's Video or Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Card Miracles Volume 2 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL