The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Jay Sankey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of Double O Magic
So I have about 20 dollars and have searched his hole site and came to a conclusion, I want all of them. But of course I cant. So far I want Paperclipped,Omnilope,Pandoras Box,and a couple more. I am focusing on closeup by the way. And a question, is Magicgeek a good supplier?
munkywrench
View Profile
Loyal user
Conway, SC
295 Posts

Profile of munkywrench
Get Sankey's stuff from the man himself. More ethical plus he has great customer service. I would save my twenty and try and build a library of must have books then branch out into dvd's. If you use the text with visual media your magic skills will mulitply...but only if you give it dedication. Just a few thoughts. Peace.
Family Biz. https://www.facebook.com/dreamweaverconway/
Disciple of the Close-Up Kinda Guy PH.
Balloon Blast Video Show junkie.
Supporter of http://www.myrtlebeachmagician.com/
Retired Demo Dude
IBM #334 supporter
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2290 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Paperclipped is a good one, but will require some sleights and misdirection. Omnilope is a tool, not an effect or routine. I don't know anything about Pandora's Box - you might try the Café search function, or Google and restrict to this site, to get member's opinions.

Ed
Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Ok thanks guys! And the question about Magicgeek was a seperate question...I planned to but from Sankey himself.
Servaas Koomen
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Servaas Koomen
Paperclipped is nice. you will need to practice so you learn some skills along the way.

and the effect is really cool
"The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what" A.
mkmager
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of mkmager
I also recommend paperclipped. Nice payoff if performed well.
Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

So paperclipped involves hard sleights?
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Quote:
On 2009-10-06 16:28, Double O Magic wrote:
So paperclipped involves hard sleights?

It will take a lot of practice. Some may find it fairly easy, others not so easy.
munkywrench
View Profile
Loyal user
Conway, SC
295 Posts

Profile of munkywrench
The sleights used are cornerstones in card magic. The big "move" is versatile and has it's own applications too. You learn mis-direction and the use of patter to difuse any "fishy" business. Try Front Row Sankey it has the Lotus Card (a variation of Paperclipped) and 15 other killer effects done with real spectators in public. Only $24.99 from his site.
Family Biz. https://www.facebook.com/dreamweaverconway/
Disciple of the Close-Up Kinda Guy PH.
Balloon Blast Video Show junkie.
Supporter of http://www.myrtlebeachmagician.com/
Retired Demo Dude
IBM #334 supporter
Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Hmm I'll take a look at that, thanks guys for all the help.
M. Perk
View Profile
Loyal user
Hilton Head Island
292 Posts

Profile of M. Perk
Check out Sankey's Best Mentalism DVD. A lot of good card tricks.
jake.o
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of jake.o
Have a look at sankeys holy moly, great trick that will teach you some basics of coin magic.
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
If you're interested in Paper clipped, I would advise purchasing Front Row, as paper clipped is taught on there. The difference is that you get a few other good effects as well, instead of just one. Best bang for your buck, in my opinion.
magicbobc
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of magicbobc
Hey! it's normal to want to own and learn everything. But focus and choose what you would never get tired of performing. And I reccomend you buy a book, you can learn a lot more!
Anyway whatever you do, become the best at it!
BobC
Servaas Koomen
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Servaas Koomen
Did you buy anything yet?
"The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what" A.
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
Paperclipped is one of his masterpieces. I'd recommend as well:
Tricks/Products:
1st In a flash
2nd Killer key
3rd Holy Moly
DVDs (you'd probably pick any one of these up for $20 2nd hand on ebay easily:
1st The Very Best of Jay Sankey vol 3 (it includes paperclipped btw)
2nd Front Roy Sankey
3rd 22 Blows to the Head
4th Any Time, Any Where

I think the sleight of hand invloved in paperclipped, and the confidence needed to do it & the whole routine, is a little tough for a beginner (you're on the 'new' forum - forgive me if you actually have very good sleight of hand already). All the listed tricks are much easier and the dvds carry plenty of very strong material with less demanding sleight of hand than 'paperclipped' in my view.
Good luck!
mrsmiles
(UK)
Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Ill take another more detailed look at the website. Thanks guys!
absoulute
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, AL
66 Posts

Profile of absoulute
You really can't go wrong with any of Sankey's items. I do agree with the other post about building your book library first, but Sankey's stuff is always top-notch
Since we can never hope to understand why we are here, if there's anything to understand, the individual should choose a goal and pursue it wholeheartedly, despite the certainty of death and the meaninglessness of action. - Martin Heidegger
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2290 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
One problem I have with Sankey is that a lot of his stuff requires special set-ups and even entire decks (like In A Flash), so you're going to have to switch special cards, packets, and even whole decks if you want to include much of his stuff in your repertoire.

Ed
AlienSpaceBat
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of AlienSpaceBat
Paperclipped is really really good; also it doesn't require any gimmicks, the set-up is trivial and done way in advance, and has instant reset.

IMO the sleights are not actually all that difficult.

You do need nerve to pull it off though - it's one of those effects that I still can't really believe I can get away with, even though I've never been caught out to date !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Jay Sankey (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL