The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone's "Head Mover" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I wathced this and knew that his head was way too far off to the side from his legs to just be leaning, but that could just be me seeing it this way. Also I have an illusion called Head Rush where the magician's head comes off and to the side in a picture frame, and I know how far your head is away in that illusion, and Angelo's head is going much further away from the legs(that just sounds weird...lol). I guess one's perception is always different from another.

The picture on the cloth helps sell the position he should be in.

However, I think if the camera angle was wider showing his legs completely instead of just the upper portion of his thighs then it might appear to look more impossible, and thus take away the audience's conclusion that the magician might just be leaning.

I think this illusion has huge potential, my Head Rush, while a different illusion, is a huge crowd pleaser, and I think this can be too. Again I would like for all to see it with a wider camera angle, I think it would look that much better and how an audience will see it. And best of all look how small this will pack up! I also think it has huge comedic possibilities. I like it! Good work Angelo!

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Looks amazing to me. I forget who said it, but I always liked this quote. It went something like this: A magician can deduct all but 1% of the workings and feel badly fooled. A layman can deduct only 1% of the workings and walk away feeling he figured it out. It's like the Derren Brown story with the cigarette thru quarter. He recalls an old women shouting out- 'there must have been a hole in the quarter!' Of course there's a lot more to it than that. But that's the problem with many lay people- particularly the less intelligent ones. Somehow that small detail of there visibly NOT being a hole in the quarter didn't seem to register. I suppose that small detail of "you CAN'T physically lean over that far" doesn't always seem to register either. I showed it to my (intelligent) wife. She said- fake legs, right? I said- maybe... but what about that small detail of "you don't see his real legs moving?" She stared at me thinking. I continued, "so where did his real legs go?" She's still thinking about that one... and in awe of your effect. Great work Angelo. That 1 or 2% has me stumped.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
Angelo,
PLEASE release a pdf of HEAD MOVER!!!!!!!!!!
WALTHER
Marcus.magic
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Marcus.magic
Loughran's Head rush is a good example and a good Illusionette,
Carbone can do better than this , so go Angelo!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Ill say it again, I was fooled.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Looks great to me. Can't figure it out. The cloth is really nice, too.

I agree with Sir Platt's observation about some effects being more powerful for analytical folks, or those best able to appreciate why the illusion should be impossible. Sort of like the Wellington Light Board, which goes over much better with electricians than it does with kids. And how many card tricks presuppose some understanding of odds for their impact? Probably why those tricks flop at your average birthday party.

Anyway, very nice and quick illusion. I'd pay for this if it included that great cloth.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Rudy
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
360 Posts

Profile of Rudy
This looks great to me, I really like this Head Mover.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Hi all!

It is interesting to read all the comments. Maybe I should have made a better video. The video though was not intended to sell a product though as it is not for sale (although maybe one day who knows). It was just to serve as a record of my effect.

I may do another video one day.

Peter you are right the whole purpose of the body iamge on the cloth is to help sell the illusion of that is where your body is - just like the artwork used on a Zig Zag Lady illlusion.

Thanks for the feedback all.

Angelo
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I would like to apologize for my premature comment. Upon looking at it again, I have no idea how it's done. Great job Angelo!
Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
Any chance to get a release of it this year? I have to say that I like it very much!

Johnny
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2010-03-17 21:54, Johnny_Dee wrote:
Any chance to get a release of it this year? I have to say that I like it very much!

Johnny

It can't be any better than your head-in-the-TV trick.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
Angelo,
any update for releasing a pdf?
WALTHER
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Hi! Not had a chance to make a pdf but it is on my to do list Smile
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
Angelo,
that sounds great! It seems you made my week!

Thanks and greetings,
Walther
WALTHER
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
In my opinion,for what it's worth,this would look 10 times better if you were to repeat the effect,but with your head moving in the opposite direction.
You'd obviously have to stall at the halfway point and sell it a bit,but I think it would work well.
To "replicate" the gimmick,handle it,and keep it hidden is just as easy.
That is if I understand the M.O. correctly.
Just a thought Angelo.
Cheers,Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Thanks Ray!

I guess it could physically be done but would need something else which may make it not at asthetically pleasing and may make the method more obvious too!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone's "Head Mover" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL