The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magical magazines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

othelo68
View Profile
Regular user
North dakota
174 Posts

Profile of othelo68
I've been thinking about subscribing to a magic magazine. Any suggestions and could I get these anywhere other than at a magic shop (nearest one is an hour away) or by subscription?
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Check out Genii or Magic Magazine online. Also The Magic Menu is taking subscriptions and will be quarterly.
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
There are many and all have their own character, Magic, Genii, Linking Ring (have to join IBM), MUM (have to join SAM), and one I particularly like is bi-monthly and comes on a DVD is called Reel Magic. You can actually see the moves and the like in tricks, see actual demos of reviewed tricks and they have great interviews with top magic folks.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
pradell
View Profile
Special user
Alaska
559 Posts

Profile of pradell
You can check out the new trial membership option of M-U-M without having to pay the full annual fee. Click here to learn more:

http://www.magicsam.com/index.asp

:magicrabbit:
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Spatlind, is there a link to Magic Menu. I'm at least willing to check it out.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Try this

http://www.themagicmenu.com/subscribe.htm

In this thread, Jim Sisti says the first issue will be going to the printer next week, so I'd say get in quick if you want to.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
And then, there's always The Wizards' Journal, available on-line and which ONLY contains magic (no gossip, reviews or awards dinners or advertisements). You can even put together your own Journal by purchasing just the articles you want to read from any given issue, or save money by buying the entire Journal intact. You can also buy the Journals in print, if you are inclined to only read what you can hold in your hand. We like to think it's what a magic magazine should be: ALL about Magic and nothing about magicians except for YOU, providing the struggling, striving stars of the future with tricks and ideas you can USE in your acts.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Without Genii and Magic you are missing a wealth of knowledge and just plain fun. Subscribe to both.

dsalley13
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20518 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Othello68,

Most of us take more than one magic magazine. Many of us can't or won't keep them forever either.

Have you investigated buying a stack of used ones from someone cleaning out a shelf? Then you could look at several and decide the best fit for you. They are not the same. The ads are not the same either! To some magicians, that matters too.

A key difference to me is the space given to current events in magic versus the history of magic in the magazines. I do prefer printed magazines to electronic versions.

Enjoy!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
othelo68
View Profile
Regular user
North dakota
174 Posts

Profile of othelo68
Wow! I didn't realize there were that many magic magazines. So what I'm getting is pretty much subscribe because I can't get them just anywhere. OK cool I can do that. I'll also look into purchasing some back issues from someone, maybe a local IBM Ring or SAM Assembly will have someone who will have some. Thanks again all!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magical magazines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL