The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » What Do You Think Of This Kid? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I found this on youtube.com and apparently this kid gets booked 5-10 times a month according to him. Just want to hear what your thoughts are. I'll reserve mine for now. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34QiYfJlxs8
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1934 Posts

Profile of ted french
I have never seen the rabbits performed before. Is that how they are performed?
P3
practice practice perform.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I've always used the P&J sucker trick but I was looking at changing it. I was browsing to see a performance of it when I came across this guy. To answer that question I would have to reply both yes and no. I don't want to be judgmental about this person's performance or anything, but when I read responses to his vid, many were saying how great he was. I looked at his other vids and see that he isn't actually a kid. Apparently he is from Russia and is 19 years old. I guess they also speak fluent english in Russia as well. (lo)

I guess the thing I found most disturbing was his language near the end, and even in front of children no less.
billgarmsarmy
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of billgarmsarmy
While he may be from Russia, he lives in West Hollywood. I'm guessing his parents immigrated when he was young. So the performance linked above is most likely in the USA. I got this information watching one of his escape videos.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9051 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On 2009-10-08 17:57, ted french wrote:
I have never seen the rabbits performed before. Is that how they are performed?

having a spectator involved is a new twist for me
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
I wasnt impressed at all
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
I was offended by his exclamatory committee at the production of the ring.
...the magic that creates Memories!
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1628 Posts

Profile of Futureal
He's a little kid!

With that in mind, it wasn't too bad. For the guy scouring YouTube for routines to copy - for a children's audience I would suggest a couple of extra phases with the hippity hop rabbits and definately not doing the rub-it-in-your-face ending section, but it worked fine with the adults in the audience that this guy was working to.

He admittedly shouldn't have said "!@#$%^!" at the end, but it looks like that routine was inspired by Mike Close's "The Big Surprise", in which Mike Close (generally) swears at the end. Just so you know.

But again, he's a kid. And at least he's got a little energy and personality, unlike many magicians.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
He's 19 years old.

By the way, I don't need to scour youtube for routines to copy. Are you projecting? Smile

I was disturbed by the language he used. Originally I thought he was a kid. For a kid using that kind of language in front of younger children was disturbing enough, but it turns out he is 19 years old. I don't care about his bad performance as much as his language he uses.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3412 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
If that "kid" is 19 I'm 25!
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
So he says anyways. Smile
Matthew Bennett
View Profile
New user
Louisville, KY
79 Posts

Profile of Matthew Bennett
Steve, I'd never believe you were 25. I'd put you more at the 22-23 range.
Matthew A Bennett

fixmytricks.com

twitter.com/matthewabennett
facebook.com/matthew.alan.bennett
Jay Ward
View Profile
Veteran user
Flowery Branch, GA
328 Posts

Profile of Jay Ward
Well, I kinda had this kid's back until the profanity. Weird. His show needs lots of work, but in 10 years when he's an adult he might be ok. The kid may not realize that the act needs work, but he should recognize that using that kind of language in his show is ridiculous. I have a video of me at his age, and I was not great either but it was clean! I think his music had profanity as well. Surely over time he'll get complaints and change the act. And I can't believe that he's 19 either. I'm sure he claims that so that he's more likely to be hired than a 12-yr-old.
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
694 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
No.
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I actually gasped out loud at the 6 min mark. (or, just before it). Wow.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Ummm yeah.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I doubt he's 19 if he is that's even more reason for the foul mouthed punk to have his mouth washed out with soap and be taught the correct way to act in public while performing or otherwise. His performance was anything but good. There was nothing to even make you want to hire him. His announcing he had business cards that people could come up and take was as crass as bringing out a tip jar and saying "Here give me money thank you"
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2914 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Quote:
On 2009-11-26 09:10, Ben Train wrote:
I actually gasped out loud at the 6 min mark. (or, just before it). Wow.

I did the same thing... horrifying... I'd never say anything like that in a show, or anywhere for that matter. I remember seeing a video of this kid at a house party, which has since been removed, but he tried to be Amazing Johnathan and flip off his audience... clearly, it did not work out. That kid is NOT 19, by the way... there's just no way.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Just one more product of the "Leaky Condom Syndrome"!
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I have a feeling the only reason his spectators clap is there afraid of what type of fit he will throw if they do not. I'm sure that is not far from the truth either.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » What Do You Think Of This Kid? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL