The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » What Do You Think Of This Kid? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
That boy is not a day over 15.......
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1934 Posts

Profile of ted french
Maybe he's like that little kid in the twilight zone movie that controls the adults. Lets be honest he is probably just reciting word for word an adult performers ring flight routine.
P3
practice practice perform.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks for sharing Dan!
sclitsome
View Profile
New user
Jamaica's Alright
47 Posts

Profile of sclitsome
This is so sad....

That you guys are tearing this KID apart. He's young, he's got presence (alot for a kid his age) so he swears, not that big of a deal. The audience wasn't fazed. One explanation might be that people whose first language isn't english aren't as impacted by english swears. When I was a child my best friend could cuss all he wanted in front of his parents in english, but not in french.

We are trained to be shocked by swear words.

Other than that, why post this kid up here. So what if he says he gets 5-10 gigs a month.

He will get better. But with so many poor ADULT role models in the magic community, he's gonna have a hard time finding a good teacher.

Wash his mouth out with soap? Wow. Get out of the fifties man. I saw three ten-year-olds at the gorcery store yesterday using much worse words. You can't change the world, so deal with it as it is.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
He has stage presence? Really? Where?

There is not one single video this kid has up that shows any stage presence at all. He is also just as rude in each of his vids regardless of if he is in front of spectators or not. Yes he could improve but none of his videos show any improvement from one to the next.

The only one that needs to get over is the kid he has to get over himself.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3722 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
So, you saw 3 ten-year-olds using bad language..were they PERFORMING for a family audience? Nobody is tearing him apart. We were asked what we thought about the video and performer. We're sharing opinions. He does have some presence, looks and sounds like the 2 twins on the kid's TV show "Zach and Cody" (or whatever it's called). I wasn't alive in the 50's, so I can't speak about that, but he needs to quit hiding behind the table and case, get out front and perform. Some of the handlings are questionable. Why would anyone CHALLENGE the audience and spectators to "tell me how I did that"? Granted, the point of a sucker effect is to get them to suspect a methodology, but if you have to bring it up, either the audience is in a coma or you didn't work it correctly.

I watched a couple more of his videos while I was on youtube. Painful to watch sometimes, but for a youth, he shows promise. The language is a whole other deal. To ask your grandfather, "Are you ****ed?"...that's just too much for me.

Now, the woman who "has the box"...she's hot.

Steve
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
He has more personality than 60% of the posters on the magic Café

Give him another 5 years and some direction and he could be very good

His mechanics with the ring were bloody well awful, the foul language unexcusable

but .....

Is he ready to be performing now ... yes but only for free shows that are very short. Maybe neighborhood parties

At least he wears a suit on stage (even if it doesn't fit well) so he is better dressed than most
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » What Do You Think Of This Kid? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL