The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Locked In A Room Without Coins by Craig Petty (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
I'm buying this for the sheer hilarious nature of the DVD cover.

(oh, and the material too)
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hey Craig,

I can't wait to see this, very interested in Shoeperman!

I assume it is going to terrible like all of your other 'oh so terrible' material!

See you soon, I'll hit you up with some of my new material soon buddy,

Ben
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the interest. The DVD cover was David Penn's idea and I think it came out looking really good (and a little scary!!).

If anyone has any questions on this just let me know

Thanks again for the interest

Craig
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Looks great Craig!

I've seen you do Photogenic and I'd honestly buy the DVD for that routine alone!

Of course the other routines sound very interesting too and I'm really looking forward to seeing this. I'll post my thoughts when I have seen it.

Iain.
MLDupree
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of MLDupree
I have a number of products form Craig Petty and look foward to picking this on up. Keep up the great work.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hi Iain and Mike

Thanks for the feedback.

I have been getting some great feedback on the routines from people that have already got it - especially Shoeperman, Essence Deal and Photogenic.

Cannot wait to hear what you guys think.

Craig
Ethan
View Profile
Regular user
UK
142 Posts

Profile of Ethan
I have just started watching this and there is some really commercial stuff. I will post a full review in a few days time.

Great stuff Craig, well done
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
The trailer doesn't have a full routine. Just bits of things done to music. What's the point in even having it?

The ad says " Featuring ten killer routines ".

It would be better to take what the creator thinks is the strongest routine on the DVD and show that in full. That way, if our jaws drop in awe, we'll run to our local shop and get the DVD. And if we go "so what?" we know to pass on it because if the strongest routine is dull, the rest can't be very good.

I guess the ad was so over the top, that I don't trust it. Most DVDS these days have a bunch of filler on it. So when one comes along with "10 killer routines", it stands out.

Maybe some people that don't know the person who made the DVD will buy it and give an honest review.
~Joe
Mark Waddington
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Mark Waddington
Hi guys,

I was sent the preview copy for this DVD and I have just posted my review in the DVD section

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=111&0

Mark
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Just watching through this now, and I can tell you my initial thoughts. Firstly there isn't one bit of fluff in the advertisements, the routines are all commercial and fun. Craig does have a knack for creating some great magic that is perfect for the working professional, and as one myself I can see myself performing and playing around with these routines.

In particular I am really fond of Shoeperman, a cracking and pretty simple routine that will fry spectators, take one deck of cards add a sprinkle of presentation and side helping of balls and you have a great routine here, a real reputation maker.

Essence deal, this is a great routine! You show a spectator a routine where by you make a selected card go blank and you offer to so it in slow motion so they have a chance to figure it out. This is where the routine takes a turn for the bizarre and becomes very off the wall for the spectators, yet it all has a sort of logical presentation.

EZ Waltz, this is probably the only waltz type routine I would perform apart from my own Cold and Lonely routine. It has a great presentation involving the spectators, and has multiple phases that aren't impossible by any means to pull off. And of course the routine ends in the familiar ending of the signatures being fused together onto one card. I particularly like this as no gaffs are used so if you find out randomly that a couple are celebrating their anniversary or some similar occasion you are set to perform this cracking routine.

Pickpocket is a well structured routine that has all the feel of body loading but has none of it, so for people interested in this type of magic, this routine would be a great place to start. There are also a couple of nice kickers with this routine that will entertain any audience.

Photogenic, this is a very well structured routine and has a quirky presentation. A performance piece in itself, I can see why Craig performed this in his Close up competition routine. It has a baffling WTF moment that reminds me of the feeling of 'I have just fallen into a black hole and am disappearing.........' that your spectators get when performing Sankey's great Paperclipped routine.

All in all so far Craig, in the words of the Muppets - Startler and Waldorph: I think it is rubbish. Particularly poor. Well it is ok. There were some bits I actually liked. In actual fact I have quite enjoyed it so far. There are some great routines in here. Definitely worth the money, in fact it was GREAT! BRAVO! Woo hoo!

Thanks Craig, you melting pot of strangeness sent from beyond to spew immense bucket loads of sleights and routining for us, the mere wannabe strangers!

Ben Williams
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Locked In A Room Without Coins by Craig Petty (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL