The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Brian Miller returns to close-up magic! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Hey everyone,

If you are on Facebook, here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?...882&......3&ref=mf

If you're not, then the following is what the link says:

"Hey everyone,

I wanted to personally let you know that after taking a huge break from close-up magic for the past year (to focus on my stage show and comedy), I will be returning to the close-up arena stronger and more magical than ever.

My present task is to revisit my old close-up show and completely revamp it according to my new philosophies of performance that I have formed in the past year via this diversion into other realms of performance. I am creating new original magic and preparing brand new theatrical ways to present magic in a close-up setting.

It's been a fun year on stage, but I found that I truly miss the personal interaction that comes with close-up magic, which is of course where I originally made my name and to this day remains my forte.

Stay tuned for performance dates thru the end of this year and on into early 2010. Thank you for your continued support, and please pass this note on to everyone by posting it on your profile.

Peace and love."

I know that this post is very self-serving, but I truly wanted to thank everybody here on the Café in addition to my fans for their support of my work through the years. I started performing full-time at 16 years old, and now at 21, I realize that my career would have never taken off at such a young age if it weren't for the gracious support here on the Café.

This past year I've been so busy exploring other realms of performing that I feel like I've done an injustice to my true passion of close-up magic, and not only that, but I completely ceased to post here on the Café this past year, which was wrong. I fully intend to resume posting here on the Café, and as many of you who have known me on these forums remember, I will post extensively in the Beginners' section because I take great pride in helping the next generation of young magicians get a solid start just like I did.

Anyway, I hope you've all been well and I look forward to seeing you around the forums again!

Sincerely,

Brian
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Who?
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Quote:
On 2009-10-10 18:21, Futureal wrote:
Who?

:hysteric:
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Yeah, that's about the response I expected, and that's why I made this post. I was a regular poster on these forums for many years, helped a lot of young kids get a good start in magic, and was very well known around these parts for a while. Then about a year ago I completely stopped posting and performing close-up magic altogether in an effort to explore other realms of stage performing and stand-up comedy, which means I also stopped posting here. The purpose of this post was to let those of you who remember me and know my work, and there are a great deal on the Café who do, that I am back in the close-up world and will be posting regularly on the forums again. That's all. Smile
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Good to see you back in here, weres magicsteve gone recently?
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Goodness, Steve doesn't post anymore? I thought for sure he'd still be here. I'll have to recruit him back as well I guess.
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Welcome back! You have some real talent, and this forum will again benefit from it.
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
While on the point, where's Pepka? Haven't seen him on here for a loooong while...

spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Just did a search on Pepka. Happy to report I've just been hanging out in the wrong places..

Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Who?

Just kidding! I know who you are; you have a section on The Magic Nook: http://www.magicnook.com/BrianMiller/CCTTfiles/CCTTtoc.htm

So to me you weren't missing at all, just kind of silent for a time! I'm glad you're back, though and wonder what new stuff you've come up with?
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

I have a few new projects in the works TBA. For now I'm just thrilled to be back in the close-up arena Smile
cmnipper
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of cmnipper
<------ just threw up is his mouth.

This is the funniest crap I've read on here in a while. What a humble post...
Chad Nipper
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Welcome back.

Best
Leo Jr
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Haha... Just an FYI, I'm alive and well. I've just been taking a bit of a break from magic myself. It's been about 2 months, and to be completely honest, I'm still enjoying it.

Brian,

Glad to hear you're back man! It's been awhile for sure.. one of my favorite effects to this day is Sand-trap. Just to let ya know... Smile

Welcome back bro!
Steve
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
I knew you wouldn't be away for long! Muhwahahahahahaha!!!

:)
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Steve: Great to hear that you're still alive! Enjoy your break from magic. We can all use a break here and there. And I'm happy to hear that one of my small contributions is still finding its way into people's acts. Smile
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Welcome back, Brian and thanks to your contributions that have helped many here.
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
Welcome back Brian!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Brian Miller returns to close-up magic! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL