The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » POWERBALL 60 by Richard Sanders and Bill Abbott » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..18..22..26..30..34~35~36 [Next]
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
I did this last night, and instead of writing the exact number on the paper, I used a tip I learned in high school.

I played out the writing, as though I was having trouble getting the number. I then wrote the number backwords, and then scratched it out. Then I wrote the exact number below the chicken scratch.

For one, it prolonged the reveal, and it also added more to the reveal. The spectator even commented that I got the numbers right, only not in the right order the first time. It seemed to add more to the effect.

Oh, and the lesson I learned in high school, if you are going to cheat on a test, do not ace the test, it looks too suspicious.

Phil
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Three hour gig tonight and I want PB60 up front and personal for the entire 3 hrs.

Candin
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
228 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
Good luck tonight, Candin! I'm glad you finally received your PB 60 and are killing with it!
It would really be quite tragic
if the world had to do without magic!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Interesting was a comment by cardshark in the German forum "Zauberschrank.de" concerning Powerball (translated):
"If this will succeed then I know for sure that just a good name and a well done promo video guarantees already success amongst magicians... The principle is age old and often used for exhibitions by many companies..."
Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Your point is?

Jan, you seem to be totally oblivious to the whole concept of powerball 60 and what Bill and Richard have done with it,, namely applying the principle to real scratch lottery tickets, giving the process meaning and creating a miracle instead of a puzzle....truly amazing.

99% of magic is based on age old principals and ideas that have been around since the planet was made. Unless presented as entertainment magic is nothing more than a puzzle that demands to be solved - period.

READ: The effect is what matters and presentation is EVERYTHING.

Thanks Richard and thanks Bill for keeping those concepts alive and well. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
No Steve, I think you didn't read all my posts.
I like the concept, I bought it!
The only thing I'm pointing out is that the presentation is very important because we use an old and at least over here well known principle and therefore it is so important to give the tickets the smallest amount of possible attention. I do not agree in all what other people said...

If I wouldn't like the idea of Powerball I wouldn't have done it. I've changed the "make-up" because the tickets wouldn't work over here, Powerball is unknown, it's suspicious.

Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
JanForster said; "Powerball is unknown, it's suspicious"

Okay, good point. But then again - you knew that before your purchase.
What I'm concerned with Jan is exposure to those who haven't purchased the effect yet - Thanks for your cooperation and understanding in that matter. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
O.k. Steve, accepted! I didn't want any exposure and I think I haven't done that.
Yes, I knew about the possible problem before my purchase, but I didn't care because I like the concept! My goal was from the beginning to find a way to make it also believable over here. And I thought it might be interesting for our non U.S. members.
Somebody who hasn't purchased Powerball couldn't really use or understand my idea.
The pms I received were only from European members who have - like me - Powerball.
Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2009-11-03 17:36, JanForster wrote:
Interesting was a comment by cardshark in the German forum "Zauberschrank.de" concerning Powerball (translated):
"If this will succeed then I know for sure that just a good name and a well done promo video guarantees already success amongst magicians... The principle is age old and often used for exhibitions by many companies..."
Jan

Yah... no.

A well done demo and a good name HELPS, but if the product wasn't good word would have quickly gotten out.

As you have recognized, and others as well, is that this isn't just a rehashing of some old idea- they've done so much more.

If the quote had said:
"If this will succeed then I know for sure that just a good name, a well done promo video, added motivation, clever scripting, beautiful new props, and entertaining presentations guarantees already success amongst magicians..."

Then I might have agreed. But, since he didn't say that I will say that either he's joking or he doesn't understand magic all that well.

Best,
Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
I have used this to great effect, I use the Michael hout version using sound, get the spec to let out a yeah for winners and so on, this gives you the necessary info to reveal the number, either by having it predicted in a sealed envelope or just blurt it out as per the demos, great effect!!!
pkmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Paul knight
140 Posts

Profile of pkmagic
God! Where is mine! Still waiting! Still anticipating! How much longer can it take!

I should have just ordered from a dealer, but I try to support the creators of effects wherever I can. But this is begining to get very very unnerving. Hope Royal Mail havent mislaid it!
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
AMAZING. I just got mine. I Love it. I remember using this sort of principle before, however powerball 60 makes it much more attractive.
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1328 Posts

Profile of weapon
This effect sounds like Docc Hilfords "Jail Bait'
just a different presentation.. am I correct?
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
chrispa1
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of chrispa1
Being a lottery buff I would recommend that you try to perform this to ones that are NOT a lottery buff. Reason being, although the tickets do look nice I notice they are pretty small and not the normal size of tickets with the layout that powerball 60 is. Although I love the effect and principle I personally have to be careful who I perform this around.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2009-11-04 17:53, pkmagic wrote:
God! Where is mine! Still waiting! Still anticipating! How much longer can it take!

I should have just ordered from a dealer, but I try to support the creators of effects wherever I can. But this is begining to get very very unnerving. Hope Royal Mail havent mislaid it!

Its worth the wait. It may be just border issues. In the mean time, what I did while waiting was practice my presentation. I feel I have just scratched the surface with this gem. Timing is everything and sometimes I have pauses etc. Even when Im not performing, I practice the c*****ng in my head.

Candin
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
I have had mine for a bit now and LOVE it! The response from spectators is everything you could want in a routine. Just kills.

Regarding how the tickets might appear regionally? I just tell folks that a buddy just sent me some Lotto tics from New York....I'm in Calif. So even if any locals are REALLY into Lotto? Doesn't matter and to date has not.

Great item. All best,
Brad Burt
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm still waiting for my Powerball60 Smile
Please remember that POWERBALL is actually the name of my release. It is a Mentalism effect using the same method with actual lotto ticket materials. POWERBALL is designed to be performed in the 30 US States that have Powerball drawings on a weekly basis, so everyone is familiar with it. The props are "The Real Deal" so there is never a question.
I'm glad so many people have had such great success with Powerball60, but I do want to avoid confusion with my previous effect released as POWERBALL.
Hope that clarifies the issue between the two.
Thanks
Dave Koenig/THE PROFESSOR SLIM KING

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2009-11-05 15:05, Psychic Samurai wrote:
I'm still waiting for my Powerball60 Smile
Please remember that POWERBALL is actually the name of my release. It is a Mentalism effect using the same method with actual lotto ticket materials. POWERBALL is designed to be performed in the 30 US States that have Powerball drawings on a weekly basis, so everyone is familiar with it. The props are "The Real Deal" so there is never a question.
I'm glad so many people have had such great success with Powerball60, but I do want to avoid confusion with my previous effect released as POWERBALL.
Hope that clarifies the issue between the two.
Thanks
Dave Koenig/THE PROFESSOR SLIM KING

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

You know what MAKES it confusing? You releasing your trick with the SAME NAME after Automatic Mystery released theirs, then posting on THIS THREAD about it.

Your actions scream lack of class.

All the best,
Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Just passed the wife test. She was clearly stunned by how I was able to tell her secret winning lotto number.
This ones a winner and is now living in my wallet.

Mike
Entertainer
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Brilliant!

Also just performed this for my wife with a stunning reaction.

It's easy, It's fun and hard hitting. Packs flat plays big is indeed the right wording to describe this effect.

The gimmick(s) are devilishly clever.

Two thumbs way up.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » POWERBALL 60 by Richard Sanders and Bill Abbott » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..18..22..26..30..34~35~36 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL