The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Worst Experiences (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Hey people! You knw, I was looking thru the threads in this forum and I was thinking... We all share our best experiences...But what about our worst ones?! So lets type down and share with the world our bad experiences with performin with livestock. Perhaps, someday, this may become a sticky thread and a thread usefull to the new animal workers in the industry...

I'll start... I've got two that comes to mind. First, with a horse I was producin for a show. Its basically a open production for my TV show... and We were supposed to do it live. During rehearsals, the horse NEVER stood at its position X! I'm talkin about the production spot. Once, we had the horse run thru the curtain held up... Thing is, it was supposed to be a live presentation and thankfully, durin the performance... I managed to make the horse appear just before he got fidgitty...

Second experience... EVEN MORE embarrassing! It was a theatre production for about 2000 people. Full house that evening, and I was performin my Dove Act. That time, I was still using monofilament loops. Guess what... I hooked the loop, Pulled... and it SNAPPED!! there it was... a length of fishin line in my finger... with a bag still stuck in my pocket. THere was NO way I could have done a steal... So I turned my back to the audience, produced another silk, (actually for anohther routine) and stole the bag. The dove was still produced, but the audience must have suspected somethin fishy. Oh wells...

So people... whats your tale from the crypt?
paradize
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
398 Posts

Profile of paradize
One of my worst experience was , I produced my sun conures from steal bags and once it was produced, he bit me real hard and my hand was bleeding in the show.
Oh My.I had to laugh and control my pain.
Magic is the residue of pre-design fantasies.
Come into my Fantasy www.chandranmagic.com
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Crappy.... That must have hurt man... Keep the posts coming people!!
MMysteries5
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of MMysteries5
Hmmm, my worst show was at one of my auditions... First, I produced the wrong dove for the wrong effect (a colored dove =/) and that stressed me a lot so the rest of the show was just crap... I 'm using a Airborne floating glass in my shows... The s****g was stuck in the glass, and I tried to get it out so I dropped the bottle on the floor, and broke in several pieces of glass on the stage, with water everywhere. For the great final, I was doing a card manip routine, and dropped 2 loads from my backpalm, and my Fantasio cane got stuck in the middle so it was half silk, half cane ...

This was my worst show ever!!
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
OUCH!!
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Quote:
On 2009-12-02 19:49, MMysteries5 wrote:
Hmmm, my worst show was at one of my auditions... First, I produced the wrong dove for the wrong effect (a colored dove =/) and that stressed me a lot so the rest of the show was just crap... I 'm using a Airborne floating glass in my shows... The s****g was stuck in the glass, and I tried to get it out so I dropped the bottle on the floor, and broke in several pieces of glass on the stage, with water everywhere. For the great final, I was doing a card manip routine, and dropped 2 loads from my backpalm, and my Fantasio cane got stuck in the middle so it was half silk, half cane ...

I feel bad for you!
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
It Happens man... it happens!
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2009-12-24 14:56, Maloney wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-12-02 19:49, MMysteries5 wrote:

I feel bad for you!

I feel bad for you too. I can imagine the frustration and the inner pain you felt.
chrisweeks
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
80 Posts

Profile of chrisweeks
I prduced my green cheek conure from a dove bag, while in the bag, the bird did "its business" when I opened the bag a little bit of bird dropping flew out onto the kids watching...

AWKWARD!
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I once did sands of the desert. once. During rehearsal everything went smooth every time. During the first live showing of it, the water never turned dark. So I just did the rest of the routine with clear water! didn't know what else to do. The effect was lost on the audience and there was an awkward silence followed by a joke from me then some pity applause.

I also do an effect where the audience brings in unopened combination locks. I then randomly choose one and proceed to read the volunteers mind to get the combination and open the lock. Once during a Christmas show, the lock didn't open. After all the buildup and suspense it fell flat. I hold the mic up to the lock as its opened so they can see and hear the audible 'click' and this time nothing. I got a few boos and wise cracks :/

I just said, buy a ticket and come to the 2nd show. During the second show, just before I pulled the lock open, I told the audience outright "this didn't work in the first show" and it got a great laugh. Now I keep the line in and use it all the time.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Here's something recent, I did a show last week where I produced my female dove from a dove bag. This was for a group of international traders, during their conference break. I produced her, and out with the dove, dropped an egg! That's a first. The dove actually laid an egg, in the bag, in the pocket, in the jacket!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22410 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, the miracle of birth can come at any time.

Now you have to figure out how you can make it a regualr feature of your act. Smile
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Just be glad she laid the egg and not you!

("Laying an egg" is an old term for a performance that goes off really badly.)
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Hahaha... regular feature... That sounds like an idea!
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
My worst act was my final Bunny appear. I built it up and went to make her appear and nothing. After the flash there was silence, most of the time kids go crazy. So I knew something was wrong. I looked and it was empty. Somehow she escaped. I think the kids had more fun looking for the bunny than during the magic show. We finally found her, she was off in the corner enjoying the show!
Life of Magic!
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
You should have billed her as an escape artist!

I've had my share of performance disasters, but as I'm new to using livestock(once so far) I still haven't had any involving animals.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Most of the bad experiences involve the rabbit relieving himself in the prop, I have found a few puddles.

I had one instance where a dove flew into the rafters of a school, I guess something spooked him. It took half an hour after the show to coax him down. Luckily that was the only show that day.
gianni mattiolo
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of gianni mattiolo
15 years working with big cats,,,,,malaysia big showroom; lions bride tension white tiger in it open the cage and... the tiger begin to make pee so... cannot be rude, wait and then go!!!thats life !! I lve big cats
ERIC
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1188 Posts

Profile of ERIC
Quote:
On 2010-08-13 01:05, Kyle^Ravin wrote:
Hahaha... regular feature... That sounds like an idea!

That's how the bird s**ting on the tux got into the Great Tomsoni's act. It really happend during a show, and john worked out a way to have it happen each and every show. Plus it doesn't stain the tux like the real thing.
ARNOMAGIE
View Profile
Regular user
France
200 Posts

Profile of ARNOMAGIE
Real story : dinnershow in Germany, first dove appear with a sl..ve toss, she layed an egg... this was the dove AND egg toss.. the egg falled in the front woman dish..
She just made a scandal and I get some trouble. but was so funny.

Don't know if she made a scandal because the egg they gave her was too little !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Worst Experiences (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL